• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is GMS our de facto Political Guru

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does he know how to analyse SG politics accurately? What experience does he have? Who appointed him to this role? Should citizens (not just those on the net) listen to him?

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are honoured to have GMS as our inhouse political analyst. He is accurate so far. Simply The Best.

[video=youtube;GC5E8ie2pdM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC5E8ie2pdM[/video]

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
This is what I have written on my FB, it may be relevant here:

Met some bloggers and activists at Hougang during the nomination. I told them it is not my job to make sure any party wins elections but my role is to provide information and commentary on current happenings in the political arena. Just like a free market economy, democracy will need free flow of information so that voters could make appropriate assessment on each and every political parties and made informed choices.

If you have taken sides, you will definitely find what I have written irritating to you. I would say, since you have already made up your mind and taken sides, there is no necessity for you to take what I have written too seriously.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Met some bloggers and activists at Hougang during the nomination. I told them it is not my job to make sure any party wins elections but my role is to provide information and commentary on current happenings in the political arena. Just like a free market economy, democracy will need free flow of information so that voters could make appropriate assessment on each and every political parties and made informed choices.

If you have taken sides, you will definitely find what I have written irritating to you. I would say, since you have already made up your mind and taken sides, there is no necessity for you to take what I have written too seriously.

Free market economy? Are you a neoliberal like Reagan and Thatcher?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Not only neoliberal embraces Free Market economy.

Well nowadays, even communist countries like China and Vietnam, are working towards Free Market.

Goh Meng Seng

Free market economy? Are you a neoliberal like Reagan and Thatcher?

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS,

Sometimes you are right, sometimes you are wrong. If you do not put your personal feelings into judgment analysis, you will be more accurate. No one person can win a football match.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
How to make a good prediction:

1. When your prediction doesn't come true (which happens most of the time), anyone who points it out, just call them WP supporters trying to attack and bully, intimidate you etc.

2. When your prediction comes true (ie shoot 1000 arrows and 1 will hit), start boasting about it in whatever opportunity arises in threads for months or years.

3. When you have never made a prediction and something happens, claim that you had predicted it since no one can easily check the thousands of threads and posts.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only neoliberal embraces Free Market economy.

Well nowadays, even communist countries like China and Vietnam, are working towards Free Market.

Goh Meng Seng

What do clever. Why don't you open GMS School of Public Policy? That's competition right? See if you can attract more student's that LKY's School!

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If it was your job, can you make PAP win Hougang?
I thought you had one in Tampines GRC....was that not your job?

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does he know how to analyse SG politics accurately? What experience does he have? Who appointed him to this role? Should citizens (not just those on the net) listen to him?

Analysis are not 100% accurate
People love to read what a good analyst writes but another set of people love to analyse what GMS writes
That's the diff between a good analyst and a Good Meng Seng

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal

This statement of yours fully and clearly show the reasons why so many people are upset with you.

To you, if people find your writing irritating, its because people have already taken sides. In other words, its not your fault people are irritated. You admit you irritate people, but the fault is squarely theirs. By saying this, you just irritated another 1,000 people.

Politics is about people and unless your antics here are calculated by you to annoy and irritate, you're losing credibility each day and the connectedness with the common folks. People look up to politicians who are smart, compassionate and good sense of empathy. Your posts here, your blog and MSM interviews are not showing any of these qualities. Do you ever listen to anyone and reflect on your actions?

You actually make a very good point about PLG being given an opportunity to explain himself. Although I disagree that you hold a COI, which is more a hearing. He should be subjected to a discreet internal investigation and the findings be used to decide the next course of actions, including the possibility of a COI. So it's not true that people never agree with you.

Personally, you don't irritate me. You're funny.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually what is the difference between him and YSL.

In 2006, before GE, YSL asked people to vote for him. After GE, he revealed that he had secretly voted for PAP.

In 2011, before GE, GMS asked people to vote for him. After GE, he tells the whole world to consider voting preferably for PAP.

The bigger difference is YSL has never criticized GMS, but GMS mentioned YSL of all ways at least 200 times in this forum.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I am a GMS fan. He speaks with great wisdom honed from many years of experience in the political scene.

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
I too admire GMS alot...he is able to cope dividing his time between his Hongkie wife and PRC mistress...and yet still can squeeze time to visit Macau massage parlour..... i think very few sinkie men can do that....:wink:....and his knowledge of massage parlours in Singapore is really tokkong.....if anyone wants to know about massage parlours here, GMS is the person you look for... :p