• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is GMS our de facto Political Guru

jw5

Loyal
Does he know how to analyse SG politics accurately? What experience does he have? Who appointed him to this role? Should citizens (not just those on the net) listen to him?

he is the de farkto political kuku..........

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I rate GMS highly as a political pundit..

Only Prof Zeng Guo Yan can rival GMS in terms of credibility and reliability..

These 2 gentlemen are the Opposition biggest hope for 2016..

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Your message is wrong on so many levels.

Firstly you don't have the influence to impact the political outcome of any party, whether PAP or opposition. In a word, you are irrelevant.

Secondly, you claim your role is to provide info and commentary, but in reality the past 1,000 postings have been criticism of WP, and in many cases outright smearing.

Thirdly, life is about taking sides. A fence sitter does not participate, does not contribute. You have to take sides eventually. So you're telling me practically everyone will find you irritating at some point? Well THAT I can definitely agree.

This is what I have written on my FB, it may be relevant here:

Met some bloggers and activists at Hougang during the nomination. I told them it is not my job to make sure any party wins elections but my role is to provide information and commentary on current happenings in the political arena. Just like a free market economy, democracy will need free flow of information so that voters could make appropriate assessment on each and every political parties and made informed choices.

If you have taken sides, you will definitely find what I have written irritating to you. I would say, since you have already made up your mind and taken sides, there is no necessity for you to take what I have written too seriously.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Only Prof Zeng Guo Yan can rival GMS in terms of credibility and reliability..

These 2 gentlemen are the Opposition biggest hope for 2016..

I agree. And Zeng G.Y. would definitely agree that GMS is "friendly, understanding, caring and kind".

BTW what this thing about prof? He got Ph.D. huh?

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thirdly, life is about taking sides. A fence sitter does not participate, does not contribute. You have to take sides eventually. So you're telling me practically everyone will find you irritating at some point? Well THAT I can definitely agree.

This I defnitely agree. Guess I've to choose a side soon. Just have to choose the right side :biggrin:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha.....gms is the wisest man in this forum....better than the cockeral.
if i see him....i will kneel before him and call him GOD....Canon God.....not GMS.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam said:
I am a GMS fan. He speaks with great wisdom honed from many years of experience in the political scene.

Must qualify: "bad experience" because he never won once.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam said:
You learn more from failure than you do from success.

Wrong example with this guy. It seemed he made mistake after mistake and could not get it right even once.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wrong example with this guy. It seemed he made mistake after mistake and could not get it right even once.

Because these are NOT mistakes to him. For example, he may have lost Marine Parade GRC, but to him, that's a great victory. It is a psychological victory. A moral victory. A symbolic victory. This victory is a milestone in local opposition politics. Most of us are not smart enough to understand the significance of that victory. We've very narrow definition of win and loss.

We're quite pathetic. According to GMS.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS can never be called a political analyst or gooroo because his intent is pretty obvious.
Like a pussy he rant and rant non-stop about WP like a woman scorned. Whoever that consider him a guru must be an idiot.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS can never be called a political analyst or gooroo because his intent is pretty obvious.
Like a pussy he rant and rant non-stop about WP like a woman scorned. Whoever that consider him a guru must be an idiot.

You do rant like a woman scorned bro.

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
He doesn't irritate me either. In fact, I'd say the majority of Singaporeans find GMS to be very knowledgeable and very credible.

Disagreed. Goh Meng Seng did not even won 1 seats in the parliament. So therefore there is nothing to learn from a BIG FAILURE.

blueblobster

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you have taken sides, you will definitely find what I have written irritating to you. I would say, since you have already made up your mind and taken sides, there is no necessity for you to take what I have written too seriously.

I have taken side, but am not irritated by you. There are people with far more calibre than you writing against the PAP. Even MBT, whom you stood against, has far more intellect and appeal than you can ever have. If you are not on the PAP payroll, I can see the elites sniggering at your stupidity.

Rather than irritation, I'm amused by you. The same way a king is amused by his court jester. You are just a more bitter, less funny, less successful and far uglier version of Harban Singh.

The big mystery is not you, but why people choose to engage you continually and even start threads about you, when other clowns are ignored. Perhaps it's because you are the biggest clown of them all and therefore draw all the attention?