• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

iPad 2

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/USiaeXzYkOE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ipad 3 will not be out until same time next year. might as well wait for the ipad 4 or ipad 5 or ipad 6. wait, there's an ipad-infinity coming out in the year 2222. it can wipe your arse and massage your foot. might as well wait till then. :rolleyes:

In that case I will wait for Ipad infinity, but will it wank for me as well?:rolleyes:

oioi

Alfrescian
Loyal
am going to be in the US next few weeks. can i buy the at&t version and still use it with singtel? or is it locked? thanks!

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sigh looks like it maybe delayed in Aust.

http://www.macworld.com.au/news/delays-tipped-for-ipad-2-release-26675/

Australian customers wishing to buy the iPad 2 on 25 March should prepare for disappointment after further doubts about stock levels were expressed.

Analyst Brian White of Ticonderoga Securities expressed doubts about iPad 2 inventory in a note to investors issued yesterday, reports Apple Insider.

White said that new shipments of the device received by stores in the US on Tuesday morning sold out quickly. Not all Apple Stores received new stock and those that did didn’t receive nearly as many units as they had prior to Friday’s launch.

“In New York City, three of the four stores already sold out of the iPad 2 in the first couple of hours this morning, and tickets were handed out at the flagship store to help people avoid waiting in line unnecessarily,” White’s note read.

“Additionally, the flagship San Francisco store opened an hour early and was also handing out tickets to a line of well over 400 people. Those at the end of this line were told the likelihood of getting an iPad 2 this morning were slim,” it continued.

Earlier this week Australian Macworld reported that waiting times for online orders of the iPad 2 had been pushed back twice since the US launch, raising questions about whether Apple would postpone the international launch of the device to meet demand in the US.

It is a tactic Apple has employed before – the international launch of the iPad was delayed last year after higher-than-expected demand in the US.

One nation that definitely won’t be getting the iPad 2 on 25 March is Japan , with an Apple spokeswoman confirming: “We are delaying the launch of the iPad 2 in Japan while the country and our teams focus on recovering from the recent disaster.”

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aussie price out today.
Looks like we are cheaper then the US. :smile:
Apple finally repriced their stuff for Aust.

http://store.apple.com/au/browse/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad

Select your iPad. iPad with Wi-Fi (first generation)
Connect to the Internet wherever you can access a Wi-Fi hotspot.
16GB1
Ships: Currently unavailable
A$ 449.00
32GB1
Ships: Within 24hrs
A$ 579.00
Select iPad with Wi-Fi 32GB
64GB1
A$ 689.00
Select iPad with Wi-Fi 64GB
iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G (first generation)
Connect to the Internet at Wi-Fi hotspots and over 3G networks when you’re on the go; 3G service sold separately.
More about 3G service.
16GB1
A$ 598.00
Pre-Order iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G 16GB
32GB1
A$ 729.00
Pre-Order iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G 32GB
64GB1
A$ 839.00
Pre-Order iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G 64GB

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
My mistake, was too busy to check that it was for first gen. Still 80-100 more then the US sigh

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/ipad/apple-sets-local-ipad-2-launch-date-and-prices-20110323-1c5d5.html

Apple sets local iPad 2 launch date and prices
Ben Grubb
March 23, 2011 - 12:57AM

* Vote

Ads by Google
Mac Specials

www.buymac.com.au

Online shopping in Australia. Macs at great prices
Return to video
Video feedback

Use this form to:

* Ask for technichal assistance in playing the multimedia available on this site, or
* Provide feedback to the multimedia producers.

Video feedback form

1. Name
2. Email
3. Subject
4. Comments

Return to video
Video feedback
Thank you.

Your feedback was successfully sent.
More video
Recommended

* Thumbnail image for video asset.Click to play video

Kaspar the robot helps autistic kids

Tech-heads celebrate: iPad 2 in US stores

Mobile gaming strains regulators

Zuckerberg dog now on Facebook

Replay video
Return to video
Video settings

What type of connection do you have?
Video settings form

1. Automatically detect my connection speed (recommended)
2. 56K modem
3. Home broadband (100+ Kb/s)
4. Medium-speed broadband (300+ Kb/s)
5. High-speed broadband (600+ Kb/s)

Note: A cookie will be set to keep your preferences.

Return to video
Video settings

Your video format settings have been saved.
iPad 2 fever set to hit Australia

Expect punters to start lining up at Apple stores on Thursday evening for the iPad 2's Friday 5pm release, Macworld's Tim Grey says.

* Video feedback
* Video settings

Video will begin in 1 seconds.

* Don't play
* Play now

* Steve Jobs unveils iPad 2
* Apple's iPad: future-proof or passing fad?
* This year's model has Apple in front

Apple has announced that the iPad 2 will go on sale in Australia on Friday at 5pm with the base model priced at $579.

Each model is between about $80-$120 more expensive than in the US, despite the Australian dollar being at near parity with its US counterpart. Some of that difference can be explained by the fact that the US prices exclude taxes while the Australian prices include GST.
Advertisement: Story continues below
Steve Jobs says the new iPad 2 will be 33 per cent thinner.

Steve Jobs says the new iPad 2 will be 33 per cent thinner. Photo: Getty Images

The launch comes after analysts predicted Apple had already sold about 1 million of the tablets in the US.

In addition, a report said that the company may face shortages of key components as a result of the earthquake in Japan.

Apple CEO Steve jobs in a statement said that the company had been "experiencing amazing demand" for the iPad 2 in the US.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs presents the iPad 2 Click for more photos
Steve Jobs unveils Apple's iPad 2

Apple CEO Steve Jobs presents the iPad 2 Photo: AP

* Apple CEO Steve Jobs presents the iPad 2
* Extremely thin design.
* Smh.com.au on the iPad 2.
* Steve Jobs takes to the stage in San Francisco.
* Steve Jobs introduces the iPad 2.
* Apple CEO Steve Jobs unveils the iPad 2.
* Steve Jobs speaks about the new case protector for the iPad 2.
* Steve Jobs speaks at the Yerba Buena Center.
* Steve Jobs introduces the iPad 2.
* Tallking money ... Steve Jobs takes to the stage.
* Steve Jobs ... returned from medical leave.
* Steve Jobs unveils the iPad 2.
* The iPad 2 will go on sale in the US on March 11.

"We appreciate everyone's patience and we are working hard to build enough iPads for everyone," he added.

The same six iPad 2 models available in the US will be available in Australia, three Wi-Fi only and three that will also be able to access the high-speed 3G mobile phone network.

Apple has announced the following prices for Wi-Fi only models in Australia:

• 16GB - $579
• 32GB - $689
• 64GB - $799

For the Wi-Fi plus 3G models, Apple has set these prices:

• 16GB - $729
• 32GB - $839
• 64GB - $949

The Wi-Fi plus 3G models allow users to access the internet over mobile broadband networks, which is handy when there is no Wi-Fi coverage around.

Apple said it would begin taking pre-orders on its online store from Friday at 1am. Apple retail stores and select Apple Authorised Resellers would begin selling the tablet at 5pm on the same day.

March 25 is also iPad 2 launch day in Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK.

Apple also announced plans to begin the third stage of the global iPad 2 roll-out in April when the device will go on sale in additional countries including Hong Kong, Korea and Singapore

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
great! just got my iPad 2 and typing the 1st text on sbf. it's historic and i wish to record this event for posterity. stood in line for 3 hours yesterday and finally was ushered in with only 32g and 64g wifi and wifi + cdma black models left. took the 32g wifi black and never look back.

i wonder if the cdma ones run on metro pcs. I gotta get rid of Tmobile now that the merger is going ahead.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
1 am tomorrow. better get my credit card ready.
http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/tablets/iqueue-test-for-apple-fans-who-line-up-overnight-for-ipad-2-20110324-1c7ek.html

iQueue test for Apple fans who line up overnight for iPad 2
Asher Moses
March 24, 2011 - 10:29AM
Be the first to comment

iPad 2 fever set to hit Australia
Expect punters to start lining up at Apple stores on Thursday evening for the iPad 2's Friday 5pm release, Macworld's Tim Grey says.
Video feedbackVideo settingsMore video
Recommended
Click to play video
Kaspar the robot helps autistic kids
Click to play video
Tech-heads celebrate: iPad 2 in US stores
Click to play video
Mobile gaming strains regulators
Click to play video
Zuckerberg dog now on Facebook
Replay video
Here comes iPad 2 - and a keen mob of rivals
Indepth review: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v
Apple sets local iPad 2 launch date and prices
"For the record, I'm not an Apple fanboy". So says Myles Jihem, 21, who will have waited over two days in line outside Apple's Sydney CBD store by the time he gets to buy an iPad 2 at 5pm tomorrow.

Jihem, bundled up in his sleeping bag against the glass facade of the Apple temple, explained that he likes all technology, it doesn't have to be Apple.

Advertisement: Story continues below

Alex Lee already has an iPad 2 but he's still lining up for another one. Photo: Asher Moses
So why go through the pain of lining up for days just to buy the latest Apple product? "I am 110 per cent sure they are going to run out, probably a few hours after launch," he said.

But one man who is most certainly an Apple fanboy is Alex Lee, 27, who is first in line after arriving at the store about midday yesterday.

Lee, a financial and IT consultant from Canada who lived in Sydney for two years, already has an iPad 2, after lining up in Boston in the US to buy one.

From left, Alex Lee, Myles Jihem and Tom Mosca. Photo: Asher Moses
"I need to get one for my sister and if I can I'm getting one for a charity auction for Japan tsunami relief," he said.

"I'm not taking any chances on scalpers taking away my ability to get one for her."

Lee, who has been backpacking for the past few months, has lined up in Dubai for the first iPad, camped out in Regent Street London for the iPhone 4, and joined the queues for both the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS in Canada.

Myles Jihem in his sleeping bag. Photo: Asher Moses
His friend, Louis Franklin, is also first in line for the iPad 2 but on the other side of the world, in London. The pair are going to connect with each other using Apple's Facetime video conferencing feature later today.

"One of the best things about lining up is you get to meet a lot of different people from all walks of life - we all share a common interest and there is camaraderie," said Lee.

Lee said there have been some hecklers labelling the queuers as "crazy" but other random people have brought him food and even home baked chocolate chip cookies.

"Apple has been very generous in allowing us to charge all our devices and use their internet," he said.

Third in line is Tom Mosca, 14, who is in year 10 in high school at West Hoxton. He said his dad initially thought he was crazy but allowed him to join the queue after meeting the other queuers - and Tom had handed in all of his assignments.

"I really want an iPad 2, and I'm an Apple fanboy all the way ... I'm going to buy one for my birthday on Monday," he said.

Apple Australia said it would allow online pre-orders for the iPad 2 from 1am tomorrow. Official Apple stores and authorised resellers will begin selling them at 5pm tomorrow but stock is likely to run out quickly.

This reporter is on Twitter: @ashermoses

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube;Nhd6StXikGg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhd6StXikGg[/video]

Just did this to my iPad2, no need to press belly button liao, LOL :biggrin: