• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Internet Media Player device - worth buying?

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Baidu video search also do the same thing?

not sure about that bro, sometimes searching from internet website quite frustrating ..
you click the movie it keeps linking you to another website ...

check it out this HWZ forummers...

http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=3272052

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think in China, you can pass them your HDD, tell them what movies you like, and few hours later, you collect back your HDD with all the movies you want...all for RMB200. And you can max it to a few hundred movies...

Maybe some where in JB, they have such service? Then with this media player thingy, you no need go cinema liao.

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't get any of these streaming players, it's a waste of time and money with many limitations. Grab and netbook and connect your TV via HDMI. More flexible, reliable and investment last longer.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Came across this box-like gadget at the PC Show that can be plucked into your tv and you can access hundreds and thousands of movies FOC. Has anyone bought one of these and how's the performance? Reliable?

If you have a good connection, can buy, but all these movies are in their own server, if they dun update, or its down permanently, then you pui chao nua...

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what you can't find in Tudou, others Chinese video streaming websites most likely don't have too. Tudou is the King.

Tudou is the only chinese site which I can download videos via IDM through my "free" hubstation 1Mbps internet access, the rest like Yukou, 56.com etc, all cannot download most of the times or speed too slow.

you need to search Tudou via English and Chinese keywords. many English movies or serials only have Chinese labels so search in English cannot find one.

bro if you have idm you can d/l from almost any site that has vids and it will d/l at your connections max speed. i'm sure you have that plugin which you can click on to d/l vids tat idm will instakll for you. the only site so far that i cannot d/l the vids is xin msn shows unless they are newly uploaded but i use replay media catcher to record them.

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
Download is slow even with high speed fibre optic connection and most of these movies are pirated versions recorded in cinemas. Might as well watch directly from those Chinese websites.

But for less than $200, still can buy for your old folks at home who does not know how to surf and has all the time in the world

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pai Seh to hijack the thread. Think there are 2 types of boxes. First type is the one all bros mentioned. These are stream from a server.

The type that is truly good are those that are streamed 'live' or with a slight delay and this type is illegal because if competes directly with the cable providers.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most of the talk is about the movies you can get from Chinese servers. How about using the Internet Media Players to access & record the many free channels out there: like Australia, Canada, US, etc:confused:

Channels like CNBC, Bloomberg, BBC, other news channel, ... come under paid channels in Spore. Is it possible to watch these channels for free if you use a Int Media Player:confused: Even the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation televises better & more current movies & programs than our Mediacorpse. Heck even Malaysian TV has better programing:eek:

In Spore HDB dwellers are forced to rely on cable TV. Can a media player be used to access alternative programming?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of the talk is about the movies you can get from Chinese servers. How about using the Internet Media Players to access & record the many free channels out there: like Australia, Canada, US, etc:confused:

Channels like CNBC, Bloomberg, BBC, other news channel, ... come under paid channels in Spore. Is it possible to watch these channels for free if you use a Int Media Player:confused: Even the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation televises better & more current movies & programs than our Mediacorpse. Heck even Malaysian TV has better programing:eek:

In Spore HDB dwellers are forced to rely on cable TV. Can a media player be used to access alternative programming?

Can such device watch those Taiwan variety shows and HK/Korean dramas?