• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Internet Media Player device - worth buying?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can such device watch those Taiwan variety shows and HK/Korean dramas?

That's what I want to know:confused:

Except that my interest is more on the english channels like CBS, ABC, CNN, etc. I'm really fed up with the crap & propaganda that media corp forces us to watch. I'm looking for alternatives.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually...dis 1 confirm 100% legal...but it oso de last thing on earth tat i will ever buy...:biggrin::p

$1299
images

Mr Sim of Creative Tech should be Soundblasted for making this piece of old school trash.

pdt_20331.png

Enjoy the largest collection of Chinese film classics in HD - from just one device

Rather than cramming your shelves with over 500 classic film DVDs, wouldn't it be great if you can access all your favorite movies from just one source?

Introducing the ZiiEagle Treasure Box by Creative. Housing a wide collection of Celestial Shaw Library films produced during the last 50 years of Chinese film-making, you'll get to access, select and enjoy the film you want from just one compact device. For every film, each and every frame has been restored to its original glory using the latest digital technologies. Representing a mix of genres ranging from martial arts to horror, the ZiiEagle contains 668 classic Shaw films that unlock the Chinese psyche shaped by 3,000 years of Confucian philosophy. As fans, you can now enjoy some of the best Chinese films ever produced and helmed by renowned directors and actors!

The ZiiEagle has also been meticulously programmed for the best possible user experience, with special movie viewing features not found anywhere else. Not only can you bookmark up to 100 favorite scenes per movie to enjoy at a later time, you can also select a movie with ease by keying in a 4-digit code. English subtitle support and simple navigational features are also supported. Once you've experienced the ZiiEagle, you'd never want to watch movies the traditional way again. ZiiEagle also makes great gifts for loved ones who enjoy classic Chinese films as much as you do!

Lifestyle_ZiiEagle.jpg

DXEI9.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pdt_20331.png

Enjoy the largest collection of Chinese film classics in HD - from just one device

Rather than cramming your shelves with over 500 classic film DVDs, wouldn't it be great if you can access all your favorite movies from just one source?

Introducing the ZiiEagle Treasure Box by Creative. Housing a wide collection of Celestial Shaw Library films produced during the last 50 years of Chinese film-making, you'll get to access, select and enjoy.......

I've taken a look at Celestial Movie i.e. Shaw, and to be honest plenty of Shaw movies are I think amateurish & would appeal only to uncles who miss the good old days:smile:

There are of course a few gems in the collection e.g. The 36th Chamber of Shaolin, Return to the 36th Chamber etc,.... Many of the Celestial collection are available only as video CD & not DVDs or Blueray. They are also cheap, usually around $10.

akunei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funshion and todou also can use Engish to search and download. But for those why doesnt understand or read Chinese, may not enjoy as much.

I find our Mediacorp has very good English and Chinese programmes. And they have re-runs after re-runs also. So dont have to worry in case u missed it.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
watch online means use computer to watch? prefer to watch on bigger TV screen leh...
DownLoad from movie sites to externaL hd, and pLay them through a Media pLayer Like WD, which i am using, then
connect it to whatever size of TV you want..but make sure that the Media pLayer supports the movies' format.
:wink:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
DownLoad from movie sites to externaL hd, and pLay them through a Media pLayer Like WD, which i am using, then
connect it to whatever size of TV you want..but make sure that the Media pLayer supports the movies' format.
:wink:

Thanks. I just google WD is Western Digital..something new to me, will study more..

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
try Funshion.

use a China proxy and download via IDM for those restricted videos.
http://spys.ru/free-proxy-list/CN/

Thanks. Just found out how to use china proxy and IDM from google:

"To connect china proxy you need to setup your browser for surfing via proxy server. But first you need a proxy server address (Proxy IP) you may find a list of proxies on the top of this page pick a server address you need. Now you need to configure the web browser using proxy, do follow steps for;

Google Chrome
Go preferences -> options -> choose tab "Under the Hood" navigate to "Netwoork" open "Change proxy settings" -> open "Settings" -> tick a box for "use a proxy server for this connection", now give the proxy address picked from the list into the form, give the port number, "Ok". "

IDM:
http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/support/using_idm/using_idm.html