• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Impressions of a Police Commissioner

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal
I only asked you to back your statements up when he is now the deputy commissioner of police force. ( Correction -He is now mado watching at MHA - Special Projects)

How cute. now you're making those who did PPS sound like they're higher than perm sec. So exclusive thats why only 1 perm sec did PPS.( Go get your facts right!) There are non president's scholars like Yong (just a mere OMS) who also did PPS.

Do you happen to know that there is also PPS to president, which is undertaken by lowly nobodies in the armed forces?( Scholar - they are ADCs not PPS !) I bet not.
I don't know about 'importance', no one else's numbskulled enough to compare a private sector position with a public sector one.

I'd be very amused if you thought CEO of SPH made more $ than an superscale AO deputy sec, perm sec, head of CS Hahahahah!!! ( So you think both Tjong and AC took paycuts to move as PS to SPH CEO...haha to you!

quick quiz ...spot the mistakes above by our scholar expert who is so arrogant and quick to sneer at farmers and lowly troopers.......

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy is probably a clerk. I was onced asked by an someone to check the bonfides of a chap who claim to be a Coordinator to scholars in SAF medical Corp where he was supposed to chart their career. Turned out to be clerk serving his NS in the Medical in charge of Personnel Files.

Don't waste your time.

I only asked you to back your statements up when he is now the deputy commissioner of police force. ( Correction -He is now mado watching at MHA - Special Projects)

How cute. now you're making those who did PPS sound like they're higher than perm sec. So exclusive thats why only 1 perm sec did PPS.( Go get your facts right!) There are non president's scholars like Yong (just a mere OMS) who also did PPS.

Do you happen to know that there is also PPS to president, which is undertaken by lowly nobodies in the armed forces?( Scholar - they are ADCs not PPS !) I bet not.
I don't know about 'importance', no one else's numbskulled enough to compare a private sector position with a public sector one.

I'd be very amused if you thought CEO of SPH made more $ than an superscale AO deputy sec, perm sec, head of CS Hahahahah!!! ( So you think both Tjong and AC took paycuts to move as PS to SPH CEO...haha to you!

quick quiz ...spot the mistakes above by our scholar expert who is so arrogant and quick to sneer at farmers and lowly troopers.......

sammymugabe

Alfrescian
Loyal
this guy has got lot of wires tangled up. He is attributing things to me that i never made or even discussed. Only chua was president's scholar. The claim they all were, was made by loaded888. This guy's comprehension skills are rather poor.

hahahahah

to: Bohchap1 117 of 764

108918.117 in reply to 108918.78

kbh was not lky;s 1st choice for cp post. I am sure you have met kbh. He cannot even carry a proper conversation, no eye contact. Like a shy boy scout ! Though 100% faithful to his wife working in temasek, this is just one incapable cp paid very well. Just a miracle he survived so long as cp. Perhaps the rest are worse.

Glk was made ceo of sba some years ago. George yeo was his boss. I was told gy was shocked to discover glk was a president scholar. He must have performed miserably. A very indecisive leader whose voice is so soft he is better off searching for a job that does not require him to speak.

Chua chin kiat is the other "3 jokers". all three were president scholars from the saf punished to the spf. he is director of prisons and just a greedy chap who loves to eat foc, especially jap food. His subordinates will just carry his balls. A recently promoted supt of police, adrian quek whose wife is huang biren is known to always bring his wife's colleagues to functions hosted by chua to sweeten and beautify the occasion. Even after being investigated by the cpib for links with ah long san and after a short sentence at the police academy to cool off, supt quek remains one of the privilege few to survive and do well after cpib probe.

More stories soon ...............................

:d:d

sammymugabe

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy is probably a clerk. I was onced asked by an someone to check the bonfides of a chap who claim to be a Coordinator to scholars in SAF medical Corp where he was supposed to chart their career. Turned out to be clerk serving his NS in the Medical in charge of Personnel Files.

Don't waste your time.

SAF Medical is considered "scholars"? you mean holders of the lowly Local Study Award (medicine) which only the bottom feeders would deign to take? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!

There is not a single SAFOS who sign on with any combat service support unit.

sammymugabe

Alfrescian
Loyal
you know i think this takes the biscuit...bloody kishore keeps harping on about how great NUS is...but the top scholars and his children want to go to ivy league and cantab/oxon land...sheesh...i tend to agree with what ngiam once said

Poor Kishore. Just because he himself, attended the local u as a president's scholar, he can't accept the fact that his peers during his time (post Singapore state scholarship, the precursor to the PS) went overseas. As soon as LHL's time kicked in to get the SAFOS and PS, it was overseas all the way. So he wonders and whines about the top brains from since that time to now, eschewing the farmer university. These people have no choice but to tell the population how good the local universities are because it's a social duty. They have to prop their own thing while deep down, they know the reason why their children and the top brains of every generation since LHL do not go farmer.

The rule for medicine-bound president's scholar was amended in 2006, 3 years ago when they realised the president's scholars who want to do medicine are unhappy about not being able to go overseas.

http://www.psc.gov.sg/NR/rdonlyres/667618F1-480B-4A1C-A571-BDC8B1064F41/0/PSC2006AnnualReport.pdf

2006 Highlights. "2006 also saw a new policy to allow President’s Scholars who wish to pursue a Medical degree
at an overseas university the opportunity to do so on full scholarship terms."

Indeed, even before the amendment was made, at least 2 president's scholars made their parents pay for their medical studies to Cambridge out of their own pocket while accepting the scholarship in name only, hahaha NUS so pathetic can?

In 2005 before amendment. http://www.psc.gov.sg/Speech+by+Pre...05+President+Scholarships+Awards+Ceremony.htm

"This year, the President’s Scholarship is conferred on three outstanding individuals. They are Miss Audry Lee Shan Yin,....Miss Lee will be studying Medicine at Cambridge University in the United Kingdom"

http://www.mgs.sch.edu.sg/documents/0000/0975/FDS_Principal_s_Message.pdf

Dr Anne Tan President‟s Scholar 1982 Let's see where she went...

Tada!!! Cambridge!!

http://www.sma.org.sg/sma_news/3608/anne_tan.pdf

They rather make their parents PAY $$$$$ than study in local med when the latter choice would be free for them as they have been already been President's Scholars. Funny sia!!!

Last edited:

sammymugabe

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way, there is no bond for President Scholar doing medicine locally. Viv B was not bonded. That was the other issue. The need to tie them down. To tie them down, you need them to sign on with SAF etc. Who the hells wants to if medicine is their game.
All medicine students locally have to serve a bond with public hospital. You didn't know?! http://www.med.nus.edu.sg/undergrad/ :confused::confused: Cos medicine course is subsidized by government.

So PS who do med in farmer U no need to work in public hospital for 5 yrs cos the person is PS. Now, that is a waste of taxpayers' $$$!

A medical education in Cambridge costs $500K at least. President's Scholar, serve 6 year bond, in exchange get $500K of education vs a PS going to local without serving bond which other local med students have to serve- 5 years!!!!!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::wink: Funny!

So the PS gets a $500K top notch education and only serves 1 year more than a non-PS who has to go to local. :wink::wink: And the PS who go local now (ONLY ONE PS has chosen to go local med since the regulation was LIFTED in 2006) dunch need to serve is what you say. :biggrin:

sammymugabe

Alfrescian
Loyal
I only asked you to back your statements up when he is now the deputy commissioner of police force. ( Correction -He is now mado watching at MHA - Special Projects))
I asked Scroobal to back up his statements that Goh 'retired' in shame, 'retired quietly' after SBA closed and ended up as Deputy Commissioner and later Acting Commissioner as recent as one year ago! is he illiterate? should I alter the question to "please explain how come he ended up as Deputy Commissioner, later Acting Commissioner and now chairman special projects when he was allegedly according to his claims "retired quietly" after "SBA stint"? is this better and easier for the illiterate to understand??

Aides-de-Camp is a term reserved to president only, ADC is done by nobody only. The equivalent for the PM is the 'pinnacle' of a PS's career! Hahah!! Maybe that's why the PM himself, who is a PS did not do the PPS. And he certainly wouldn't have touched the lowly ADC with a ten foot pole!

So you think both Tjong and AC took paycuts to move as PS to SPH CEO...haha to you!.
He went there on a PS estab. His successor to that PS post Peter Ho, is now the Head of CS. Ho is now the boss of ALL the perm secs. now I wonder if Ho earns more or does his subordinates earn more? And I wonder if Ho did the PPS. Interestingly, I never disputed that PPS is a good tour. i disputed the hollow claim that it's the pinnacle of a scholars' career when scholars who didn't do PPS are now the bosses of those who did. Eg Ho. I also noticed you obviously evaded my question to you about PM and DPM. Hahahah!

Perm sec of a ministry on AO payscale less important and 'earn less' than a CEO of a company hahahahahah!

PPS is the pinnacle of as PS's CV thats why OMS scholars also did it, and that's why the following PS and/or SAFOS somehow did not do it but managed to be the big bosses now! PM, DPM, Ministers of MFA, MTI, PMO and MCYS, acting minister of MICA

sammymugabe

Alfrescian
Loyal
bhoven, I noticed you also went deathly quiet after i sorta sexposed you about PS, SAFOS and OMS scholarships. The stats before 2008 were even funnier. In 2007 only 52 PSC scholarships were given out out of over 1700 applicants, but this figure includes the low rung SGS which took up more than half of this number hahaha.

The 2006 stats were perhaps the ones that made the rejectees angriest because that year 1720 applications from top students were received but PSC only gave out 39 scholarships- the lowest number of its history. SGS had been axed from 2002 onwards. Which means the actual number of SAFOS + SPFOS + OMS given out without SGS is really under 40 out of more than 2000 applications.

PSC themselves said that they reintroduced SGS in 2007 so that they can be more 'inclusive' and include lower rung people into their fold. But they are not automatically made MAs unlike the SAFOS and OMS.

Interestingly, your exposed claim about PSC scholarships 'declining' in popularity leading to your claim of alleged decline in universities and CV of scholars, another big joke had been exposed. Because the number of applications actually increased over the years from more than 1700 in 2007 to more than 2000 in 2008.

http://www.pscscholarships.gov.sg/C...RMAN+2008+PSC+SCHOLARSHIPS+AWARD+CEREMONY.htm

http://www.pscscholarships.gov.sg/C...N+AT+2007+PSC+SCHOLARSHIPS+AWARD+CEREMONY.htm

The shameless people crapping about having rejected 'scholarship' offer to go to farmer university, have told the papers that they received offers of stat board and teaching scholarships. Do note that scholarships come in different grade and values, as with all things in life. I'd like to see those shameless claim their offer was an OMS, No Shame!

Rejectees of PSC are filtered downwards. Note also that all govt overseas scholarships have at least a 6 year bond regardless of career prospects of the scholar when he returns. Govt don't say "oh because you only got the PUB scholarship, we sending you to US but cos you will be stuck in the depths of hell in PUB when you return, we reduce your bond to 3 years only ok??".

They are so bitter about it that they need to trumpet to the media that they rejected a 3rd rate scholarship to go to a farmer university to get over their sorrows.

Going Overseas as long as by govt, flat bond of 6 yrs if not more. Govt's stand is its meritocratic, you get offer of 2nd or 3rd tier is your own business. Take it or leave it. It's free market forces at work.

Last edited:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyah this old news...tony tan's son, patrick who was a PS went to harvard medical school donkey years ago with the tab picked up by tony...

but to me that is not the issue...i don't see why the tax payer should be paying $$$ to send scholars overseas for courses such as medicine and even law for that matter...graduate studies is perhaps ok but not at the undergrad level...and if they cannot attract the quality for these specific courses so be it...
Indeed, even before the amendment was made, at least 2 president's scholars made their parents pay for their medical studies to Cambridge out of their own pocket while accepting the scholarship in name only, hahaha NUS so pathetic can?

They rather make their parents PAY $$$$$ than study in local med when the latter choice would be free for them as they have been already been President's Scholars. Funny sia!!!

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey scroobal, back to more juicy news and SPH in particular...what's the story on Warren Fernandez?...why did he go to Shell?...do you think he may still be on the PAP plate for the next GE?
Do look who is the author. Like I said, you still have comprehension issues.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, still in the running for sure. Warren can secure idependent employment unlike Gan Kim Yong, Irene and a string of PAP MPs. Anyway the relationship between Shell and old man has been long. CEP came from Shell, Helicopter vision, Richard Hu, Peter Sung and a whole raft of HR stuff came from Shell.

Hey scroobal, back to more juicy news and SPH in particular...what's the story on Warren Fernandez?...why did he go to Shell?...do you think he may still be on the PAP plate for the next GE?

bhoven

Alfrescian
Loyal
bhoven, I noticed you also went deathly quiet after i sorta sexposed you about PS, SAFOS and OMS scholarships. The stats before 2008 were even funnier. In 2007 only 52 PSC scholarships were given out out of over 1700 applicants, but this figure includes the low rung SGS which took up more than half of this number hahaha.

The 2006 stats were perhaps the ones that made the rejectees angriest because that year 1720 applications from top students were received but PSC only gave out 39 scholarships- the lowest number of its history. SGS had been axed from 2002 onwards. Which means the actual number of SAFOS + SPFOS + OMS given out without SGS is really under 40 out of more than 2000 applications.

You have just confirmed what I said....there were more applicants in recent years because the number of students getting 4 straight As in the A levels increased...yet the PSC gave out less scholarships...what do you think is the reason?

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry to burst your bubble but the President's nobody is a Private Secretary, not a Principal Private Secretary .

Last edited:

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, still in the running for sure. Warren can secure idependent employment unlike Gan Kim Yong, Irene and a string of PAP MPs. Anyway the relationship between Shell and old man has been long. CEP came from Shell, Helicopter vision, Richard Hu, Peter Sung and a whole raft of HR stuff came from Shell.

Dun forget Lois Ng. Lois got elected to AWARE for a few weeks.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah but why did he leave ST?...i thought he was in the running to succeed Han Fook Kwang as editor?...hope this does not mean that Felix has even an outside chance now:rolleyes::biggrin:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Levels is now a shitty criterion...even the S papers are quite shitty...i was recently chatting with an admissions tutor from oxford over the credibility of the A levels and she told me that nowadays because of this apparent cracking of the A Level 'code' more emphasis is placed on individual colleges' written papers and personal interviews
You have just confirmed what I said....there were more applicants in recent years because the number of students getting 4 straight As in the A levels increased...yet the PSC gave out less scholarships...what do you think is the reason?

jw5

Loyal
I think the guy from shell was Peter Chen, not Peter Sung.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was a personal career decision from what I hear. He had been appointed into some environmental council and thats how he met the Shell bigwigs who began rolling out a worldwide agenda on positive contribution to the environment. His resignation did catch his employers and colleagues by surprise.

The fact that he went to Shell would have pleased the old man. It will enhance his credibility and the PAP prefers to take outside their payroll to enhance theirs.

As to Felix, too much of negative history including his reckless allegation of marxists conspiracy involving the necessary stage which blew up in his face.

yeah but why did he leave ST?...i thought he was in the running to succeed Han Fook Kwang as editor?...hope this does not mean that Felix has even an outside chance now:rolleyes::biggrin: