• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If you are Arsenal fan...you will face palm...

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
In terms of letting players go for free or retired, other clubs have had problems too.
Bolton let Elmander go on a free after signing him for 11 million pounds, because they thought he would extend his contract.
Fergie better not talk so much, Berbatov has 1 year left on his contract with another year at the club's option I believe.
He could also walk for free after being signed for 30 million pounds and not that useful or critical in the current team.

AW's basic principles are right I believe. Buy value, develp players, play a certain way, spend within their means.
Over the years, he has become yaya payaya due to the trophies, and the power he has been given + the adulation from fans and football people. Now very stubborn and egoistic.
People like Arteta are almost panic buys and Arsenal could find themselves in more trouble.
But other clubs are not much better, otherwise Man Utd would not need to list in SG and possibly have Ordinary A and B shares, with the latter probably having no voting rights.
Man City could also be in big trouble if their owners find a new hobby.

Berba has no reason to leave and he has indicated to the media that any move out of OT is a step down. I reckon Fergie is holding on to him for the following reasons 1)the strikers at his disposal are pretty much untested at the highest level. Chicharito was unbelievable in his debut season and whether he can continue his scoring form remains to be seen. We have to remember that he was dropped from the nationalteam at one point. So his consistency may be in question.2)Owen is injury prone and Fergie has no one else to turn to except that Bulgarian pig if he needs an experience striker on the field. I am sure that old fart will weigh his options, otherwise he would have accepted PSG bid for Berba.
Man U was a good cash cow before the Glazers came. As I have said many moons ago, the Jews would either sell to some sucker or relist the club. They were clever enuff to transfer some of the debt of their holdings onto the club. I dun know whether their listing in Singapore is a good idea.Suffice to say shareholders must find out how much debt they have on their books. When it comes to monetizing debt, the Americans have no equal.
UEFA came up with the half baked financial fair play and already Man City have found a loop hole. I dun think the russian and arab will walk away and write off their investments. They would do what the Glazers hv in mind, ie.seek a public listing and gradually pare down their stakes.
I do not doubt,identifying,grooming and developing young talent or youth development is the most sensible way of mitigating cost increases but let us also not kid ourselves that its not fraught with risk. It has to be a balance process of buying top talent augmented with an in house youth development program. The way Arse have gone about it is total madness.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Wenger's time is up !

i think times have changed. AW keep saying, we spend sensibly we spend sensibly...right..if their ambition is only to be a mid-table team or fight for premiership survival, this motto will serve them well and they will be in the BPL year in year out.

But if you have lofty ambitions, to win titles and trophies, you need to spend. Everyone is doing it - and if you id a good player, you need to pay him the price. His policy is to find them young, groom them to be gems and sell them. Yes, it worked for him when they won the BPL without a single defeat. But have they gone further than that?

All other rivals are progressing, by spending money. Fine, Arsenal don't have a rich sugar daddy, but they need to spend to get the players they need. Young & African players are cheaper no doubt, because you are signing them for their potential. He needs time to build, players need time to develop their skills. Arsenal fans won't be pleased to know, they supported and groomed Fabregas only to sell back to Barca - strengthen them in the process.

Barca is spending in the red, ditto Man U. Ok, Man City is different kettle of fish but technically, they are also spending in the red. Chelsea is in the red since donkey ages.

Arsenal FC is pretty well off. They have properties in London which could rake in millions of pounds and Stan Kroenke is also blessed with money. They have the highest ticket prices in London-two times more than what you would pay to watch Man U at OT.
They poached most of the young players from the French League where Arsene is reported to good contacts through Gilles Grimandi. All that came to an end when UEFA boss Platini stepped in and allowed French clubs to report to the European body and seek redress for any 'illegal poaching' of young talents. Clubs risk a fine and a ban if found guilty. United almost got into trouble when they acquired Pogba but was acquitted at subsequent hearings.
Well, that was how the spat between Arsene and Platini began and it does not look likely to end with the latest touchline suspension on Wenger.

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

New Gunners settle into North London

2 September 2011

12427258290.jpg

New Arsenal signings Per Mertesacker and Yossi Benayoun are delighted to have joined the North London outfit. Mertesacker, 26, was one of four deadline day signings made by Arsene Wenger as he looked to inject quality into a squad that lost the likes of Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri in the transfer window.

The last-minute purchases were also a reaction to Arsenal's embarrassing 8-2 defeat at Manchester United in their last English Premier League match, with Mertesacker - a German international -pleased with his move. "Of course I did a bit of sight-seeing already," Mertesacker said of his visit to London.

"I also held up and tried on the jersey a number of times. But I've been cultivating the emotional connection for some time - as a young player I even walked around in an Arsenal jersey." "It brings back wonderful memories, and they all come together now, which I will address when I go to training or a match."

Germany boss Joachim Loew feels Mertesacker's move is a good one, indicating that playing football at Arsenal may help his national team hopes in the future. "I think it will be very good for his career," Loew said.

"In England especially at Arsenal, they play a very fast football, a technical very advanced football. So I think with his new coach, in his new team, Per will further develop as a player, as a person. So I'm very happy for him." Israeli Yossi Benayoun also joined Arsenal, signing a season-long loan deal from London rivals Chelsea.

"I am very happy, first, to join to a club like Arsenal," Benayoun said. "It's a big club, it's a good opportunity for me and a big challenge. And, well, when I finish with the national team I am waiting to go back and meet my new friends and start a new challenge in my career."

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Arsene Wenger senile liao..

Before Man U match, he said Arsenal season starts at this Man U match, they lost to Liverpool in previous match.

Before Swansea match, he said it again that Arsenal season starts at this Sawnsea match, they kenna thrashed 8-2 by Man U.

And now before Champions League against Dortmund, he proclaimed that Arsenal form is back,......

He's really fucking senile liao..... talk so much.....

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Arsene Wenger senile liao..

Before Man U match, he said Arsenal season starts at this Man U match, they lost to Liverpool in previous match.

Before Swansea match, he said it again that Arsenal season starts at this Sawnsea match, they kenna thrashed 8-2 by Man U.

And now before Champions League against Dortmund, he proclaimed that Arsenal form is back,......

He's really fucking senile liao..... talk so much.....

its like boosting their sagging morale.

watched first half of their match against Swansea... pathetic to win only 1-0...tks to a boo boo by Vorm.

KNN, against this team, at home, cannot spank them? WTF...tok about starting their season...sorry loh...both Manchesters are running away liao...LOL

go n sign a fucking goalie...Wanker...I don't understand how he can go on so long without a credible goalie.

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wenger laments another defensive beating

18 September 2011

12427261740.jpg

Arsene Wenger struggled to hide his frustration after watching his Arsenal side slump to a 4-3 defeat to Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park.

The Gunners led the match twice but left Lancashire empty-handed after own goals by Laurent Koscielny and Alex Song, coupled with a Yakubu brace, handed the hosts their first win of the season. Speaking after the game, Wenger admitted he found the result difficult to fathom particularly after producing a strong attacking display

"It is difficult to explain the second-half performance because I feel overall we created many chances, especially in the second part of the second half," he said.

"We had problems getting started again in the second half and we looked as though we had a lack of focus on what we knew they were strong at, and that means free kicks and corners."

"Overall, we lost a game where we scored five goals and that is disappointing."

The Frenchman also conceded that the defeat was a concern, particularly after another poor defensive display that followed on from their last away fixture in the league at Old Trafford where they shipped eight goals to Manchester United. "You cannot say you have no worries when you see the performance we have just produced today," he added.

"The team today was just not defensively solid enough. When you are 2-1 up against Blackburn and you know that if you are solid defensively you will score goals."

"It was not all negatives today. In fact the frustrating thing is that there was a lot of positives as well but the disappointing thing is that we did not have the focus to bring anything out of the game."

"At the moment we do not have the capability of focusing for 90 minutes to win games like that. With the quality we have it is important that you don't give cheap goals away like we did."

The result leaves the Gunners behind Rovers on the table, and their manager demanding more from his players.

"Four points from five games is terrible. There is nothing more that can be said. It is just not good enough," he added.

"We are very frustrated but the spirit in the team is quite willing but if you look at the number of goals we have conceded that is not good enough."

"On the other hand I believe the group will take off but it is important that we get results quickly."

The Arsenal manager was also questioned about the increasing focus on his future at the club, after a summer of transfer upheaval and a series of poor results, but he insisted he would continue to do his job to the best of his ability.

"Speculation is part of modern life. What can I do about that?" he said.

"My future is focusing on what I do

youtalkcock

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pUBKe-Uxd80?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

youtalkcock

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Arsenal 2

Chu-Young Park 66' (Arsenal)
Chu-Young Park 76' (Arsenal)

Borussia Dortmund 2

R. Lewandowski 29' (Borussia Dortmund)
J. Błaszczykowski 83' (Borussia Dortmund)

:biggrin:

14764371889cd3e0f0ffa1b3010068786236e720.jpg

youtalkcock

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro, u now starting to post imaginery scores and scorers huh? :biggrin:

It's true what. I am already familiar with them especially Dortmund players. To those unfamiliar, Google for their names and their wiki profiles will appear, then scroll down to the latest clubs that they are playing for. :biggrin:

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wenger reveals summer heartache

18 October 2011

12427272940.jpg

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has admitted that 'half the dressing room wanted to leave' during the summer.

Wenger also insisted that the players who did leave went more for money, rather than trophies.

The Frenchman had to watch three of the club's top players in Cesc Fabregas, Samir Nasri and Gael Clichy walk out of the door at the Emirates to Barcelona and Manchester City, but concedes it could have been more than just the trio.

"It was a very difficult summer because half the dressing room wanted to leave," Wenger told French radio station RTL.

Former Gunners player Emmanuel Petit last week claimed the sales of Fabregas, Nasri and Clichy were 'killing' the club, but Wenger believes it's hard to keep hold of individuals when other teams can pay more in wages, and that his former players haven't left to win silverware.

"No, it's not that [players have to leave to win titles]," said Wenger. "The problem isn't that. Frankly, if you compare what Manchester City have won in the past and what Arsenal have won, then you don't go to Manchester City to win titles. Players go to Manchester City because they pay much better than Arsenal."

"They are a force clearly, because they have exceptional financial clout, so it's not surprising what they've done. Look at Paris Saint-Germain. They have more money than anyone else in France and they're top of the league."

"There's always a financial logic behind who ends up being successful in any league. If Barcelona or Real Madrid paid three times less than Malaga, players would go to Malaga.

That's always the case. It's as simple as that. So when a player has the choice between two clubs who have the same ambitions, if he can earn three times as much at one club, he'll go there. That's logical."

Wenger also admitted that the uncertainty during the summer and the injury to Jack Wilshere made life very difficult for the team, but insists the club can still challenge for fourth spot in the league.

"You're preparing for a season where you don't know who's going to come in, the players who are staying are asking themselves what's going on at the club, you've got a pre-season tour of Asia.

It was extraordinarily difficult. What saved us is that we're a club that are extremely solid and united. Other clubs would surely have gone to pieces in those circumstances," he said.

"What people forget is that we lost three key players because we've also lost Wilshere. Three who were important in our midfield. Nasri, Fabregas and Wilshere have all been lost and they were the basis of our midfield last season."

"We've had to reconstruct our midfield entirely because Wilshere won't be back until January. Still, we've disappointed this season so far, given what's expected of us, but I think we're on the up again. The problem is you can only climb the table slowly. We're not too far away in terms of points from fourth place. We're too far away [12 and 10 points] from the top two."

Another worry for Wenger is the impending contract talks with captain Robin van Persie, who scored both goals in Sunday's 2-1 win over Sunderland, but the Frenchman is adamant he is more focused on the player giving his all for the club in the meantime.

"Today I'm not asking myself whether Van Persie is going to extend his contract in 18 months' time," said Wenger. "For me what is important is that he plays well for us on Wednesday [against Marseille]. After that the next match."

"That's how I think. He's scored 28 goals in 34 games, so they're exceptional statistics. He's got a contract for another 18 months and he's a man who is attached to our club. I'm not especially thinking about losing him."

jw5

Loyal
Pundits were saying that Per Mertecsacker having played in Germany his whole career, would have trouble communicating in English with his new team mates.
Just watched a short interview with him, he speaks very good english. So that can't be the problem. :o
That clown Tevez, in England for 5 years with 3 different clubs and cannot even say a few words in english. :biggrin:

Last edited: