• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If you are Arsenal fan...you will face palm...

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
After-Eight-Dark-Chocolate-Mint-Box.jpg

If your buddy is a Arsewipe supporter,
pls buy them this brand of chocolate
to cheer them up.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Monday 29th August 2011

664769_33_preview.jpg

Wenger says sorry to Arsenal fans

Arsene Wenger has apologised to the Arsenal fans for their humiliating defeat at Old Trafford on Sunday.

The Gunners conceded eight goals for the first time since 1896 as they suffered a catastrophic 8-2 loss at Manchester United on Sunday. It was a result that prompted extreme criticism on TV from Alan Hansen and Gary Neville, in addition to former Gunners Lee Dixon and Paul Merson, who all accused Wenger's team of lacking even the most basic defensive cohesion.

Wenger has insisted he will not walk away from what is clearly a massive job to rebuild the confidence of a club who are still to find replacements for Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri, and have collected just a single point from their three Premier League games so far. The Arsenal boss has pledged to try and find some new players ahead of the transfer window closing on Wednesday night.

However, for now, the best he can do is say sorry. "The fans do not want to see their team like that," Wenger told Arsenal World. "We can only apologise and come back in our strength and desire in the next game. "Big scores are humiliating and difficult to swallow but I don't think they have a special meaning. "They are always under special circumstances."

For Wenger, those special circumstances were a lengthy injury list, which robbed him of the services of Jack Wilshere, Thomas Vermaelen and Bacary Sagna amongst others, plus the suspensions of Alex Song, Gervinho and Alex Frimpong. Yet others see that as window dressing. Indeed, some see the scale of Arsenal's defeat yesterday as a positive because it will force the club's hierarchy to take a long, hard look at the future direction of a club who have gone six years without a trophy and already seem incapable of mounting a championship challenge this term.

Confirmation that South Korean forward Park Chu-young will arrive from Monaco in a £10million deal did not do much to lessen the anger around the Emirates Stadium. Supporters remain mystified as to why Arsenal did not make an attempt to sign Scott Parker, who is bound for Tottenham, and are questioning the amount of money being made available by the club's owners given the much-needed acquisition of Gary Cahill floundered on Friday following a bid claimed to be around £6million, which Bolton regarded as an insult.

Even with injuries returning - and it could be a month at least before Wilshere is back in action if Fabio Capello's assessment is accurate - Arsenal urgently require reinforcements, otherwise the Champions League campaign they set up by winning at Udinese on Wednesday could be their last for a while. The visit of Swansea immediately after the international break offers the perfect opportunity for a morale-boosting victory, although for now, skipper Robin van Persie accepts his team-mates have to face up to some pretty harsh facts.

"It is an honest result if you look at the game," said the Gunners captain. "It sounds crazy maybe but Manchester United were much better than us and they punished us hard. "We were simply not good enough. We have to deal with that. "I don't think we can hide behind injuries or suspensions. It is no excuse. They had injuries too, this is football."

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rumours suggest that Arsenal are interested in signing Brazil left-back Andre Santos from Fenerbahce.

Arsenal value Alex at around £7 million but Chelsea want £10 million.

Arsenal have made an enquiry for Chelsea's Yossi Benayoun.

Mad mad rush for Arsenal, LOL

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Park snubs Lille for Gunners

29 August 2011

12427257690.jpg

Arsenal will complete the signing of South Korea captain Park Chu-Young from Monaco on Monday. Park passed the second part of his medical at Arsenal's London Colney training ground on Sunday and has agreed personal terms after the Premier League club dramatically stole him from French champions Lille on Saturday morning.

"I had to make a decision between Arsenal and Lille. And the decision had to be what I want and won't regret," the 26-year-old striker said on arriving at Incheon Airport in Seoul on Monday to prepare for South Korea's World Cup qualifier against Kuwait on Tuesday week. Park's move to Arsenal, which will cost an initial fee of around three million pounds, has been endorsed by Cho Kwang Rae, the national team manager.

"He (Park) will playing many games in the EPL, he will be able to grow into a better player. It might be helpful for the national team," Cho said. Park did not show for the second part of his medical on Saturday morning after undergoing the first part on Friday afternoon. Lille officials discovered that his hotel room was empty, with not a word about where he had gone, and tracked him down at the Eurostar terminal, where Park told them he was heading for London to sign for Arsenal.

Park's u-turn has left a sour taste at the French club, who had fully expected to unveil him at the weekend after all but finalising the player's move back to Ligue 1 from Ligue 2, where Monaco were relegated last season. How long Park will be at Arsenal is unclear, as all able-bodied men in South Korea must begin military service for the country's armed forces before the age of 28. Unless the darling of the national team is excused service, he will have to leave Arsenal in 2013.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Arsene is signing Per Mertesacker, a german central defender who featured in WC2010, I think he is comfortable in the air and read the game well, but he's quite slow on low balls....

jw5

Loyal
Arsene is signing Per Mertesacker, a german central defender who featured in WC2010, I think he is comfortable in the air and read the game well, but he's quite slow on low balls....

He's very tall, that's why very slow on the turn.
Chicharito will have a field day with him. :p

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Arsenal is having a clearance sales.:eek:
rumours abt Bendtner also leaving.

Eboue, Bendtner, Nasri, Fabregas, Traore, summore who?

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I noticed the players of interest to Wenger in the market are all above 25 (Exceptions-Gotze and Chamberlain). If Arse fails to qualify for the knockoput stage of CL and is out of contention in all domestic cups and competition by Dec., I think the guy will leave.

Alan Hansen says he'll have 2 months to save his job.

In all fairness to Arse supporters, I think they should demand for answers as to why it has come to a last minute rush given what they knew all along the some of their favorite sons will leave for greener pastures. I dun know if it is a systemic problem at the Emirates but I was wondering why they've allowed players to go for free in the past. Any Arsenal or Wenger fans out there?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I noticed the players of interest to Wenger in the market are all above 25 (Exceptions-Gotze and Chamberlain). If Arse fails to qualify for the knockoput stage of CL and is out of contention in all domestic cups and competition by Dec., I think the guy will leave.

Alan Hansen says he'll have 2 months to save his job.

In all fairness to Arse supporters, I think they should demand for answers as to why it has come to a last minute rush given what they knew all along the some of their favorite sons will leave for greener pastures. I dun know if it is a systemic problem at the Emirates but I was wondering why they've allowed players to go for free in the past. Any Arsenal or Wenger fans out there?

i think a major part of the equation hinges on CL qualification. AW knows without CL qualification, alot of the tgts won't come.

of cse holding out for late deals is a double edged sword, it also raise the price of their targets.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think a major part of the equation hinges on CL qualification. AW knows without CL qualification, alot of the tgts won't come.

of cse holding out for late deals is a double edged sword, it also raise the price of their targets.

Agree. I shall stay up tonite to surf for news. Sekali they announce Messi deal. Sure everyone will sit up. My best guess for a last minute move will be Benzema going over to the Emirates.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree. I shall stay up tonite to surf for news. Sekali they announce Messi deal. Sure everyone will sit up. My best guess for a last minute move will be Benzema going over to the Emirates.

the best piece of news that will cheer me will be Sneijder going Man U...

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Benzema? imho, if tat possible he will already went to manutd.
summore madrid to arsenal? leaving the euro champ?

who knows Kaka will go arsenal?:biggrin:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Benzema? imho, if tat possible he will already went to manutd.
summore madrid to arsenal? leaving the euro champ?

who knows Kaka will go arsenal?:biggrin:

Benzema was a Man U target when he was a Lyon player but that twit chose REAL and that ended the pursuit. Benzema had a horrendous game against Real Zaragoza as he wasted one opportunity after another. The fact that he was acquired by Perez and probably recommended byJorge Valdano didn't sit very well with the special one.

Wenger have shown interest in the player of late as he has plans to refurbish his injury prone front line. With Bendtner expected to leave, I dun know who he can count on to score for the team. FYI, Bendtner and RVP macam cat and dog and forget Chamakh, he looks like a lame duck.

Oh yes as for Kaka,Berlusconi is willing to take him back at a knock down price. Anyway,he's adored by the Milan fans.

Last edited: