• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If you are Arsenal fan...you will face palm...

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Woah, so fierce but he has done a lot for the club. If u sack him,who to takeover?:confused::biggrin: Surely not Pat Rice. If Rice takes over, you will be looking at First Division football next season.:eek:
Methinks something is amiss between Wenger n the people running the club.:smile:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
New signing...Park Chu-Young, Andre Santos.
Pending....Metersacker

we shall see how Wenger fit them in.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He's injury prone. What is interesting thing is Meireles left Pool for Chelski and Craig Bellamy rejoining Pool.

Meireles is gonna be a spare tyre in the already strong midfield contingent of Chelsea - perhaps as a cover for Lampard esp Essien dunno will recover well or not.

Ditto for Bellamy, with Suarez and Carroll in hot form...he can expect to suck thumb on the bench most of the time.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
injury prone no doubt, but his leaving means Everton is in grave danger of flirting with relegation.

Everton cannot afford Arteta's medical attention. The cash strapped club will need to sell before they can buy. They may have to rely on their youth team for survival.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Meireles is gonna be a spare tyre in the already strong midfield contingent of Chelsea - perhaps as a cover for Lampard esp Essien dunno will recover well or not.
Meireles is not gonna be a spare tyre but thanks for seeing our midfield so up.
our mid is not tat strong as it is and it fully lacks of creativity.

with Meireles on board, we can change to a 4-4-2 formation.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Meireles is not gonna be a spare tyre but thanks for seeing our midfield so up.
our mid is not tat strong as it is and it fully lacks of creativity.

with Meireles on board, we can change to a 4-4-2 formation.

i hope its not to cater to Torres. LOL

jw5

Loyal
I noticed the players of interest to Wenger in the market are all above 25 (Exceptions-Gotze and Chamberlain). If Arse fails to qualify for the knockoput stage of CL and is out of contention in all domestic cups and competition by Dec., I think the guy will leave.

Alan Hansen says he'll have 2 months to save his job.

In all fairness to Arse supporters, I think they should demand for answers as to why it has come to a last minute rush given what they knew all along the some of their favorite sons will leave for greener pastures. I dun know if it is a systemic problem at the Emirates but I was wondering why they've allowed players to go for free in the past. Any Arsenal or Wenger fans out there?

Allowed players to go for free? Think it's only when they retired or old liao.
Wenger has one of the best sales records, including Anelka and now Nasri and Fabregas.
Actually there's a lot of sense in what he is doing.
Spending according to what they make and not what owners invest and trying to get value.
Can u imagine if the Man City owners suddenly pull out, what happens to the club and the wages.
The problem is that he is too stubborn and egoistic, sticking to his philosophy and not winning.
Otherwise what he does is sensible economically. Fergie and Mancini, Chelsea and Liverpool are all over-spending.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Allowed players to go for free? Think it's only when they retired or old liao.
Wenger has one of the best sales records, including Anelka and now Nasri and Fabregas.
Actually there's a lot of sense in what he is doing.
Spending according to what they make and not what owners invest and trying to get value.
Can u imagine if the Man City owners suddenly pull out, what happens to the club and the wages.
The problem is that he is too stubborn and egoistic, sticking to his philosophy and not winning.
Otherwise what he does is sensible economically. Fergie and Mancini, Chelsea and Liverpool are all over-spending.

Precisely, Anelka was donkey years ago and Fabregas was the latest. Before Fab, I believe Hleb or someone else walk for free. A number of the players then had contracts with one year to run and I recalled one Thierry Henry who got a $10 million sign on fee, much to the chagrin of the other shareholders. These took place under the management of AW and the Vice chairmanship of David Dein who happens to be one of the main shareholders and the person responsible for bringing AW on board. I suspect AW was given a free reign as far as running the club is concerned with Dein acting only as a rubber stamp on all his recommendations and proposals. That would have probably explained why contract renewal was such a farce at the Emirates.

This time though the structure and flow within the organization has changed. Recall AW wanting Samir Nasri to see through his final year of contract and risking the player walking out for free. When Fergie was asked about Nasri during their tour of the States for pre-season matches, his explicit reply was that Nasri will not be a Utd player and that the player had agreed terms to join some other team.When told that Wenger intends to allow the player to see through his contract, Fergie replied he is a very brave man but he is not sure if the shareholders and the board of directors would agree.

There are no issues to value adding and selling players at a profit. If AW had his way, Nasri will walk for nothing and they would have missed out on 23 million pounds. The professor may have glowing credentials but I'm not sure if he's doing it right-not just to shareholders but fans as well. His economic sense of penny pinching may not equate with success on the field. If left unchecked, attendance may fall and hurt revenues. On top of that, it could curtail plan for price increases in ticket sales should the need arise.

BTW, they've removed the salary ceiling but they cannot compete on the wage front. I can't believe they gave Arteta a 4 year contract. They only need to look at Rosicky.:biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Wenger's time is up !

i think times have changed. AW keep saying, we spend sensibly we spend sensibly...right..if their ambition is only to be a mid-table team or fight for premiership survival, this motto will serve them well and they will be in the BPL year in year out.

But if you have lofty ambitions, to win titles and trophies, you need to spend. Everyone is doing it - and if you id a good player, you need to pay him the price. His policy is to find them young, groom them to be gems and sell them. Yes, it worked for him when they won the BPL without a single defeat. But have they gone further than that?

All other rivals are progressing, by spending money. Fine, Arsenal don't have a rich sugar daddy, but they need to spend to get the players they need. Young & African players are cheaper no doubt, because you are signing them for their potential. He needs time to build, players need time to develop their skills. Arsenal fans won't be pleased to know, they supported and groomed Fabregas only to sell back to Barca - strengthen them in the process.

Barca is spending in the red, ditto Man U. Ok, Man City is different kettle of fish but technically, they are also spending in the red. Chelsea is in the red since donkey ages.

And i am not very impressed by AW's moves on the last day...the players brought in are above average, but they won't challenge for top 4...

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
He's always going foreign and this is wat will happens when you depend on foreigners. When they leave, you're farked BIG TIME!!

jw5

Loyal
When told that Wenger intends to allow the player to see through his contract, Fergie replied he is a very brave man but he is not sure if the shareholders and the board of directors would agree.

BTW, they've removed the salary ceiling but they cannot compete on the wage front. I can't believe they gave Arteta a 4 year contract. They only need to look at Rosicky.:biggrin:

In terms of letting players go for free or retired, other clubs have had problems too.
Bolton let Elmander go on a free after signing him for 11 million pounds, because they thought he would extend his contract.
Fergie better not talk so much, Berbatov has 1 year left on his contract with another year at the club's option I believe.
He could also walk for free after being signed for 30 million pounds and not that useful or critical in the current team.

AW's basic principles are right I believe. Buy value, develp players, play a certain way, spend within their means.
Over the years, he has become yaya payaya due to the trophies, and the power he has been given + the adulation from fans and football people. Now very stubborn and egoistic.
People like Arteta are almost panic buys and Arsenal could find themselves in more trouble.
But other clubs are not much better, otherwise Man Utd would not need to list in SG and possibly have Ordinary A and B shares, with the latter probably having no voting rights.
Man City could also be in big trouble if their owners find a new hobby.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man City could also be in big trouble if their owners find a new hobby.
r u also referring to Chelsea?:biggrin:
Roman target is CL trophy. Will he lose patience? or once CL achieve, will he leave?:eek:

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
r u also referring to Chelsea?:biggrin:
Roman target is CL trophy. Will he lose patience? or once CL achieve, will he leave?:eek:

Same same lah bro, see my post #55.
Chelsea and Liverpool also at risk if the owners suddenly find a new hobby.
Football spending on players and wages is getting out of control.
It's reported that Samuel Eto is getting 300K pounds a week from his new russian club!