• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

if u given a chance to migrate out of singapore which country would u migrate to?

topmoonkek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Born and raised in Malaysia.

Wants to migrate to Singapore.

Lol!

You and probably a million others. Granted you have all that foreign experience and probably 900,000 of you Malaysians dont.

Malaysians have been brainwashed to think of Singapore as paradise island.

There is no right or wrong answer and you dont need to justify your choices. Just go for it. There are many happy people in Singapore. Happiness is subjective and what makes someone happy is very variable.

I wish you all the best in Singapore.

I dont know if you have lived in SG before. It sounds like you have not since you hardly shared anything about actually living and working in sg. I do note your extensive experience in many countries across NA and Europe and SEA. Could it be a case where it's not the country but just your restless heart? I think where you settle so where you find your true love and soul mate for life. Nevertheless I would encourage you to seek SG citizenship and give up your Malaysian citizenship.

One thing I did not appreciate about SG is that it is a tiny island that calls itself a country. It is basically just a city. You will often read about things like this and that will "threaten SG survivability". "SG is vulnerable". All those insecurities that come when you are so small and have no local source of food, fuel and drinking water.

I suppose some people would be very happy staying on a super high tech small yacht. It can maneuver very easily. Sail out of storms. Party like no tomorrow. But really if there was a really big bad storm can the yacht capsize? Maybe. And there is always that fear. Sure you can use money to pile on the tech to avoid capsizing.

On the other hand boring huge oil tanker or aircraft carriers hardly ever worry about capsizing. Can it? Sure. But if they can capsize I think the yacht stands little chance.

I wish you all the best in Singapore.

Can't speak for other Malaysians but I tend to agree with what you said but I don't think Singapore is a paradise island at all!
In fact, it's never been an option or even crossed my mind as one for most of my life until recent years.

The whole reason I'm even here even having this discussion with you guys is because of my broken ass family. I'll save you a wall of text about family problems and mental health (probably will write on my personal blog) but I have a really toxic family, violent cheating dad, my mom has been wanting to get out both of the marriage (but for some reason never got a divorce... I think she had/has Stockholm Syndrome) and Malaysia in general, and wanting to "escape" Malaysia and its 3rd worldness in economy, people, pay, etc has been conditioned into me during my upbringing. External factors like everyone in Msia advocating to leave the country and being bullied throughout school helped solidify that mindset.

The US has always been my first choice, always loved it since a young age. In many ways, it was perfect for me, I enjoyed a lot of life there and would have been my last stop, if not for the draconian visa/immigration system. Basically you're forced to become an indentured servant for a good few years... H1B visa holders need to rely on their company willing to sponsor and are very much tied to their company, so low negotiating power on salary, working terms, etc. Company also has to sponsor green card after that, again up to their discretion (if not you have to find another H1B sponsoring company that will hopefully sponsor green card also...) Too much bullshit for me. Really wanted to find a gf to marry because that's the easiest way to being treated like a normal person, but I was chubby and undesirable back then.

I looked for alternatives which is how I landed in Germany, which I found to be a complete shithole in terms of... the everything (see my other post). Like they even still have toilets where you have to pay 20 cents to use in this day and age... like what the fuck is that, like 90's Malaysia?!! Living in Germany made me realize Malaysia is more of a first world country despite the branding and propaganda that Germany = developed 1st world, Malaysia = developing 3rd world (Reality is the opposite).

However, salaries in Malaysia are shit due to exchange rate - I would need RM10k per month salary to match what I saved when making 4k EUR a month in Germany and RM30k per month to match 7k EUR per month - saving at a lower rate would lock me down into retiring in Malaysia unless I hit a windfall.

Singapore is really the best place to finally settle down after over a decade of 'running' (I'm tired, I just want to find a mate, have a family and retire...), not because it's a fantastic place, but it's really the last fucking place to go that seems remotely decent.

1. US - Would have been my first choice and I would still be there if I had gotten in at a younger age. But shitty immigration system that makes for a shitty life for 5-10 years until you get a green card. Also has been a political clusterfuck since the SJW movements got big in 2015 and the 2016 election.
  2. Canada - Colder, more expensive, lower paying version of the US, main cities (Toronto and Vancouver) are expensive as fuck while salaries follow European numbers than US numbers... good luck ever retiring with a nice life.
  3. European countries - Fuck moving to anywhere that isn't in English anymore.
  4. UK - Hard as fuck immigration (gives US run for their money LOL), plus poor COL to salary ratio again, the only city where I think I'd enjoy living and working is London, also most of the big and high potential jobs are there.
  5. Australia - expensive, boring, far away from the rest of the planet so it suffers from low quality, overpriced goods (as E2NZ below confirmed for NZ)
  6. New Zealand - always knew it from my mother to be an even worse version of Australia and this website confirms it https://e2nz.org/ We wanted to move there when I was a teenager (have an uncle who lives there and willing to sponsor), after reading that website, well praise flying spaghetti monster that we didn't
So where else aside from Singapore? Fuck me right?

The tiny island vulnerable country thing makes sense to me. If I were to live there, I'd hold on to my Malaysian passport for as long as I can before trading it in. I don't know how much progress Malaysia would have made by 2040-2060 for me to retire there but I'll do as the rich people do: try to hold on to as many country's passports/PRs as possible and move there + accumulate as much money as possible so can buy PR if needed.

And to be honest Australia is a 2nd option but really looks more suited as a stop after grabbing that Sinkie PR or citizenship.

Last edited:

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
for me, it is being raised in Malaysia with that kampong spirit even though no kampong. The whole country got kampong spirit .... :laugh:

that's why I'm grateful for my Malay and Indian friends too... :thumbsup:

Bro in Malaysia still have strong kampong spirit while in Sg the kampong spirit is almost extinct

U know bro now my neighbours on my right ex sgrean Indian family and my right is HongKong family and the rest are all ang mo all very nice and friendly people. And we here have very good kampong spirit too we help eachother

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Can't speak for other Malaysians but I tend to agree with what you said but I don't think Singapore is a paradise island at all!
In fact, it's never been an option or even crossed my mind as one for most of my life until recent years.

The whole reason I'm even here even having this discussion with you guys is because of my broken ass family. I'll save you a wall of text about family problems and mental health (probably will write on my personal blog) but I have a really toxic family, violent cheating dad, my mom has been wanting to get out both of the marriage (but for some reason never got a divorce... I think she had/has Stockholm Syndrome) and Malaysia in general, and wanting to "escape" Malaysia and its 3rd worldness in economy, people, pay, etc has been conditioned into me during my upbringing. External factors like everyone in Msia advocating to leave the country and being bullied throughout school helped solidify that mindset.

The US has always been my first choice, always loved it since a young age. In many ways, it was perfect for me, I enjoyed a lot of life there and would have been my last stop, if not for the draconian visa/immigration system. Basically you're forced to become an indentured servant for a good few years... H1B visa holders need to rely on their company willing to sponsor and are very much tied to their company, so low negotiating power on salary, working terms, etc. Company also has to sponsor green card after that, again up to their discretion (if not you have to find another H1B sponsoring company that will hopefully sponsor green card also...) Too much bullshit for me. Really wanted to find a gf to marry because that's the easiest way to being treated like a normal person, but I was chubby and undesirable back then.

I looked for alternatives which is how I landed in Germany, which I found to be a complete shithole in terms of... the everything (see my other post). Like they even still have toilets where you have to pay 20 cents to use in this day and age... like what the fuck is that, like 90's Malaysia?!! Living in Germany made me realize Malaysia is more of a first world country despite the branding and propaganda that Germany = developed 1st world, Malaysia = developing 3rd world (Reality is the opposite).

However, salaries in Malaysia are shit due to exchange rate - I would need RM10k per month salary to match what I saved when making 4k EUR a month in Germany and RM30k per month to match 7k EUR per month - saving at a lower rate would lock me down into retiring in Malaysia unless I hit a windfall.

Singapore is really the best place to finally settle down after over a decade of 'running' (I'm tired, I just want to find a mate, have a family and retire...), not because it's a fantastic place, but it's really the last fucking place to go that seems remotely decent.

1. US - Would have been my first choice and I would still be there if I had gotten in at a younger age. But shitty immigration system that makes for a shitty life for 5-10 years until you get a green card. Also has been a political clusterfuck since the SJW movements got big in 2015 and the 2016 election.
  2. Canada - Colder, more expensive, lower paying version of the US, main cities (Toronto and Vancouver) are expensive as fuck while salaries follow European numbers than US numbers... good luck ever retiring with a nice life.
  3. European countries - Fuck moving to anywhere that isn't in English anymore.
  4. UK - Hard as fuck immigration (gives US run for their money LOL), plus poor COL to salary ratio again, the only city where I think I'd enjoy living and working is London, also most of the big and high potential jobs are there.
  5. Australia - expensive, boring, far away from the rest of the planet so it suffers from low quality, overpriced goods (as E2NZ below confirmed for NZ)
  6. New Zealand - always knew it from my mother to be an even worse version of Australia and this website confirms it https://e2nz.org/ We wanted to move there when I was a teenager (have an uncle who lives there and willing to sponsor), after reading that website, well praise flying spaghetti monster that we didn't
So where else aside from Singapore? Fuck me right?

The tiny island vulnerable country thing makes sense to me. If I were to live there, I'd hold on to my Malaysian passport for as long as I can before trading it in. I don't know how much progress Malaysia would have made by 2040-2060 for me to retire there but I'll do as the rich people do: try to hold on to as many country's passports/PRs as possible and move there + accumulate as much money as possible so can buy PR if needed.

And to be honest Australia is a 2nd option but really looks more suited as a stop after grabbing that Sinkie PR or citizenship.

Sigh you another one. Canada = Vancouver and Toronto. LOL!

Bro, Canada is bigger than Europe. So many other cities too.

anyway this sort of cost of living, cost of property, lower paying jobs kind of discussion really depends what kind of work you are doing, opportunities vs expectations and what your needs are lah.

Everywhere will have many options (except SG because that's just ONE CITY)

Calgary. Edmonton. Saskatchewan. Regina. Western Canada much cheaper. Not so sure about opportunities for work though. But can get by lah. Again what are your expectations. Sounds to me you need a pretty high paying job to be satisfied and you are not thinking of starting all over.

So yeah Singapore fits you perfectly.

You are chinese. Fit in easily. You have extensive foreign experience which sinkies LOVE! It is like you are the exotic penguin that has traveled far and come back to the boring shithole. You watched "Happy Feet"?

And bottom line you want to find a mate. SG is the best option for you now.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Bro u migrated to Canada 2010?
I migrated to Australia also 2010

Yup. We got our PR and did landing in 2008. But only actually moved permanently in 2010. It was day after World Cup final Fernando Torres scored against Netherlands won Spain the WC then we went to Changi Airport and flew to Canada.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro in Malaysia still have strong kampong spirit while in Sg the kampong spirit is almost extinct

U know bro now my neighbours on my right ex sgrean Indian family and my right is HongKong family and the rest are all ang mo all very nice and friendly people. And we here have very good kampong spirit too we help eachother
as I said... good people find good people. bad people find bad people... :biggrin:

topmoonkek

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm... this is based purely on personal economics. If that's your priority then you've quite got it figured out. at least from a theoretical perspective. Be aware that there are lots of ways for indirect taxation to get you in Singapore. Insidious and barely noticeable things that do add up over time. So, you have to be judicious in your personal finance as I'm sure you are. Judging from your degrees and work experience I would guess you're cresting 30? Really a time to think about settling down. How much time do you wish to have outside of work commitments? I remember as a young and eager entrant to the Singapore rat race, I barely had any time for anything other than work. It's always hustle because everybody at the top is going to.

Well isn't all migration driven by economics in the end, as I mentioned in the very first reply in this thread. How direct that relationship is, of course, varies by individual - is it getting treated unfairly because of race (IMO a problem somewhat that's pretty solvable with money... clothes, neighborhood, where you hang out etc.) or something more straightforward like being not enough to live a nice lifestyle/retire early...

I'm really one of the laziest people you'll ever meet, and by that I mean I have very little motivation to do anything that's against my will. Anything from the stupid marching during school extracurricular activities all the way to working a 9-5 job. However, if it's something I love doing, I am the most motivated, laser-focused people on the planet and can go for hours and hours on end and having to remind myself to eat and force myself to sleep. People tell me I should start my own business or get a job I love but that's not very easy and a different discussion altogether. I do have my side projects and investments, however. So to answer your question: I want to have as much time as I can have outside of work, ideally not work at all.

I have a theory about the rat race which I've known to be a stereotype in Singapore, maybe politics and slaving away unpaid overtime is more common in Singapore but perhaps it's just a combination of favorite topic to bitch about and social signalling (ayoh look at me I'm so always so busy and stuff therefore I'm an important person). Some of the worst companies I know are based in Germany, run by Germans, their culture and behavior matches the traits of Chinamen companies in MY/SG, point for point. I've also had some very political and toxic American bosses (the US has a similar workaholic/rat race stereotype on its coastal cities as Singapore), some of the nicest most flexible bosses I've had were also American. I think the true answer to "how's work life balance" is "it depends on luck". There are most definitely 9-5 flexi/no OT jobs in Singapore, just got to find them.

It's also a myth that the higher you go, the longer hours you work. The higher you go, the more business people there are. And the more business people there are, the more acting and Hollywood grade performances you'll see. I myself have gotten better over the years at giving the IMPRESSION that I'm super busy, always under stress and have lots on my plate, when really I just spent the Monday-Wednesday of that week binge watching a TV series while sporadically replying to emails.

Also, you will rarely hear this kind of shit from anyone (whole reason why I've started a podcast series on it...) because it's in everyone's best interests to keep their mouths SHUT so they can continue to flex their super busy, super hardworking dicks. In the end it's like the Emperor's New Clothes, people nodding their heads because everyone else is doing the same.

One another thing that's not immediately apparent, but some of the Singaporeans who've left have alluded to, is the hierarchical nature of Singapore. Dog eat dog. You just have to be the bigger dog. I don't know how you view your social ties, but in Singapore, they're treated differently from in Malaysia. A good number of people will hang around you if there's an advantage. If not, they can't be bothered to have a coffee with you. Money and status speak for everything. I think in the 20 odd years I've been there, I will count only 2 people as friends even though I could call on a fuckton of people. Both incidentally happen to be Malaysians. And oh, I came to Singapore early in primary school.

It's definitely a thing in Malaysia. Seen and heard it from my parents' era till now. Classic example is if you lose your job or quit the company to become a housewife, then you'd be lucky if even 1 person kept in touch with you after that.

It's happened to me, many times before, in all countries. Again this isn't a very Singaporean (or Malaysian) exclusive feature. You never know who your real friends are until you leave the company. And then there's more general, out of work examples. I think I've had less of those because by being Asian, you're automatically downgraded in status anyway based on race. Which is fucking funny because the typical American has NO CLUE how many of the Asians who land in their airports and walk through their borders every day are paying FUCKING BOATLOADS of cash for tuition.

That's a plus of Singapore compared to other countries for me. I have relatives there who seem to be caring and give a shit about me (arguably moreso than my own parents). I've some relatives in Australia too, who have kept saying "come move to Australia" over the decades but have never really kept in touch or given a shit at all during the entire time LOL. So I'm pretty sure they're flakes.

These are valid arguments and relate to how Singapore is seen in the world. Despite Malaysia being bigger, as a Chinese, an Indian or even as a Malay, the good ship Malaysia seems to be always barely staying on the right side of crisis. To be honest, a lot of Singaporeans complain about Malaysians coming into work and going back to retire. That actually makes a lot of sense. Best of both worlds as it were. Also be aware that if you have sons in Singapore, it's highly liklely they will get to go to national service. It catches a lot of people unawares.

I was in the chubby club too. But I can tell you from personal experience the 2 hardest places for me to get a date were in Singapore and London. Malaysia was a whole lot easier. I've not tried Germany though. Of course I'm a lot older and we didn't have to swipe anything then.

Yeah, you've named the only big peeve I have about Singapore is the NS when I have kids (my brain thinks it's twice my actual age) and I can only hope that it's eliminated or reduced by then or I'll have to find some way to deal with that.

Again I feel that one of the things rich people but don't want the masses to follow and that's why the invented "patriotism" and "country loyalty" is have one foot in each country, and they have 8 legs, so they can move to whichever place that best serves their needs at the time.

IMO dating in my generation, anyone under 35 and still single right now is in the most fucked market in history thanks to these apps. I've seen it with my own eyes and it's particularly bad in Western countries where the apps are leading to a "rich get richer, poor stay poor" scenario. I don't remember the exact numbers but something ridiculously imbalanced like the top 5% of men are getting 90% of the women, while the remaining 95% majority of men are fighting over the 10% scraps of women. There's a whole analysis done that says online dating has worse inequality comparable only to the most corrupt/unfair countries on the planet: https://medium.com/@worstonlinedate...ably-better-off-not-wasting-your-2ddf370a6e9a

It's ruining the concept of commitment and long term relationships (also furthered by the SJWs with their feminist movements) by giving people sex "on-demand" (particularly so for women). So it's much harder to find a woman who will commit to you and/or doesn't have excessively high mileage.

The door is closing very rapidly because that shit (mentality, not just the apps) has been spreading over to Asia a lot in the last few years.

I don't know about other people. But I am glad that back in 2004 I came to SBF.

From talking to people who had migrated I learned and absorbed all the NEGATIVE things and BARRIERS TO SUCCESS with migration. I was more interested in the why NOT TO MIGRATE.

Some of the things :

1) Will not recognize your qualifications. Prepare to start all over like an uneducated person (this is a problem for those who have egos and very good self esteem)
2) High labor cost. Forget having a maid. Lots of DIY.
3) Difference in climate. "Too cold" in Canada
4) Struggle financially due to poor job prospects
5) Loneliness. Generally far tougher for SINGLE people than families.
6) Racism. Discrimination.

I was also told migrating is always the toughest for the FIRST GENERATION. but the kids benefit later on.

So with these negative points in mind I discussed with my wife. Hence when we moved to Canada in 2010 we were totally prepared for the shit of migration.

hence we could enjoy the joys better because they came as surprises rather than expectations.

I wont go into my story cos you can find it here in the Canada thread.

But the idea was go to Canada. Find any work. Get some income going. Then look for better opportunities. Provide for the children. Survive the weather (which turned out to be bloody pleasant actually rather than what people said).

I think for you the big problem is LONELINESS. I can totally see myself saying the same things as you if I had moved over here as a single chinese male from Singapore.

So go where you think you have the best chance for finding a soul mate. If it is SG go for it. Once you have got married and started getting a family I am quite sure you will start to get restless once more. The key and this is a HUGE KEY.....is your spouse. Many migrating families fail because the spouses do not agree. In fact many never take off on migrating just because of that alone.

Yeah pretty much this. There's lots of success stories migrating to western countries, I'm not trying to deny there are.

But if you're male and single, unless you're going with a group of friends, I recommend the get in, get the degree and work experience, and if still single, get out approach.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Yeah pretty much this. There's lots of success stories migrating to western countries, I'm not trying to deny there are.

But if you're male and single, unless you're going with a group of friends, I recommend the get in, get the degree and work experience, and if still single, get out approach.

Bro may I suggest you spend more time and effort on exercise pumping some iron make yourself physically attractive. Looks you are born with. Maybe can go aesthetic clinic get some work done. But physique you can work for it. And work hard to find the women you want. It's a numbers game. Like sales. You speak to 10 you might get 1. Some speak to 100 get 1.

Only after you find your soulmate then decide where you want to be.

Your spouse will determine where you end up living. Not you.

Who knows you might meet some hot German chick in SG who is really into asian guys and that's why moved to SG, she digs you you marry her and move back to Germany.

No need to talk about all those economic $$$ stuff. You are restless cos your heart is.

topmoonkek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sigh you another one. Canada = Vancouver and Toronto. LOL!

Bro, Canada is bigger than Europe. So many other cities too.

anyway this sort of cost of living, cost of property, lower paying jobs kind of discussion really depends what kind of work you are doing, opportunities vs expectations and what your needs are lah.

Everywhere will have many options (except SG because that's just ONE CITY)

Calgary. Edmonton. Saskatchewan. Regina. Western Canada much cheaper. Not so sure about opportunities for work though. But can get by lah. Again what are your expectations. Sounds to me you need a pretty high paying job to be satisfied and you are not thinking of starting all over.

So yeah Singapore fits you perfectly.

You are chinese. Fit in easily. You have extensive foreign experience which sinkies LOVE! It is like you are the exotic penguin that has traveled far and come back to the boring shithole. You watched "Happy Feet"?

And bottom line you want to find a mate. SG is the best option for you now.

"Sounds to me you need a pretty high paying job to be satisfied and you are not thinking of starting all over." You hit the nail on the head. I work in white collar, tech industry. I also grew up a city kid and as you pointed out correctly in another post, loneliness is an issue for me, so sorry lor, Van and Toronto would be the only places I would consider for Canada.

"You are chinese. Fit in easily. You have extensive foreign experience which sinkies LOVE! It is like you are the exotic penguin that has traveled far and come back to the boring shithole." This is very much the formula to career and financial success in MY/SG. People are retarded whiteworshippers. For some reason have that WHITE experience puts you a class above. I think there's some valid reasons to this., but for most part I find it amusing yet sad as fuck.

topmoonkek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro may I suggest you spend more time and effort on exercise pumping some iron make yourself physically attractive. Looks you are born with. Maybe can go aesthetic clinic get some work done. But physique you can work for it. And work hard to find the women you want. It's a numbers game. Like sales. You speak to 10 you might get 1. Some speak to 100 get 1.

Only after you find your soulmate then decide where you want to be.

Your spouse will determine where you end up living. Not you.

Who knows you might meet some hot German chick in SG who is really into asian guys and that's why moved to SG, she digs you you marry her and move back to Germany.

No need to talk about all those economic $$$ stuff. You are restless cos your heart is.

Don't take it personally because it's not, but I really need to start a copy and paste soundboard for this because I get the same questions/advice every time.

I can completely accept that I didn't have the best dating life in America because I was much less mature, thought money was everything/quite entitled and didn't work on myself... my main weaknesses were being chubby/barely worked out and no sense of fashion, only wear graphic T-shirts and jeans, ever
doh.gif
Neither are appreciated in western culture.

However there was a moment of realization in between and I went to Germany kinda prepared. I was going to the gym 20-25 days every month, lost weight and was in the best shape of my life my first 3 years there. Sidenote: I gained a bunch of weight since then and have been at my heaviest ever, but I still don't look it. If you compared me to back when I was in the US, I look younger and fitter today despite being heavier.

I also improved my wardrobe, enabled by my improved physique (previously too shy to wear anything other than L sized graphic tees due to slight man boobs). I found a good brand for formal/work wear with cutting that makes them look like tailored shirts and have gotten tons of compliments (they're also $200 a piece, so I guess they'd better receive compliments...)

But really none of that mattered. Again the statistics don't lie, <10 matches in 5 years, 3 dates (2 of which with Asians) in 5+ years. For years (even to this day), I kept getting told (gaslit) by most people who hear about my sorry luck, that I needed to "improve my profile description" and "take better pictures".

It wasn't until 2017 when I was complaining that "I tried every fucking thing" to a HK friend and she told me to try looking for dates in Asia (truth be told, I have never dated in Asia till that point, secondary school was miserable for me and I was an awkward creep).

And that was the moment of enlightenment/I proved myself right and the advice to improve my profile as uninformed bullshit/gaslighting because I used the exact same profile, pics and everything that barely got results in Germany... and the matches started rolling in while in Malaysia (also Singapore while vacationing there short term). 1 match every few days, I got more matches in 2 weeks while in KL/SG than years in Germany. Then I set up dates and went on a couple before my vacation was over. Next vacation i tried again, same thing... and again, and again.

Cherry on top is I get to have my pick of dates to a certain extent in Asia too. I don't want anything close to chubby, I want English speaking, prefer overseas educated (stereotypically tend to click better). Only the top tier hotties are out of reach and I have accepted I need to get into top fit shape before I might even remotely qualify. And that's OK! Better than being treated as non-existent across all tiers in a shithole like Germany!

Even though date quantity is not a guarantee of date quality in the end but certainly superior to NOTHING FOR MONTHS AND YEARS in Germany. Dating is a numbers game. It's impossible for you to win the lottery if you're not even allowed to buy a lotto ticket!!!

That sounds like a miracle medical cure advertisement whenever I tell people that but that's really the truth - have a shitty time dating as an Asian guy in the west? Gain some experience, get yourself a good job in Asia, move and never look back. As a plus, you also boycott the same racist western countries that treated you like shit since you're no longer contributing to their economy.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
"Sounds to me you need a pretty high paying job to be satisfied and you are not thinking of starting all over." You hit the nail on the head. I work in white collar, tech industry. I also grew up a city kid and as you pointed out correctly in another post, loneliness is an issue for me, so sorry lor, Van and Toronto would be the only places I would consider for Canada.

"You are chinese. Fit in easily. You have extensive foreign experience which sinkies LOVE! It is like you are the exotic penguin that has traveled far and come back to the boring shithole." This is very much the formula to career and financial success in MY/SG. People are retarded whiteworshippers. For some reason have that WHITE experience puts you a class above. I think there's some valid reasons to this., but for most part I find it amusing yet sad as fuck.

Good that you are self aware. :smile:

Your concerns with migration are very different from mine.

But I can tell you once you are married maybe have your first kid your perspectives and concerns will change as well.

You will find success in SG. Whether or not you stay in SG I cannot say at this point. Like I had said you might fall in love with someone from another country and then go wherever she goes.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Don't take it personally because it's not, but I really need to start a copy and paste soundboard for this because I get the same questions/advice every time.

I can completely accept that I didn't have the best dating life in America because I was much less mature, thought money was everything/quite entitled and didn't work on myself... my main weaknesses were being chubby/barely worked out and no sense of fashion, only wear graphic T-shirts and jeans, ever
doh.gif
Neither are appreciated in western culture.

However there was a moment of realization in between and I went to Germany kinda prepared. I was going to the gym 20-25 days every month, lost weight and was in the best shape of my life my first 3 years there. Sidenote: I gained a bunch of weight since then and have been at my heaviest ever, but I still don't look it. If you compared me to back when I was in the US, I look younger and fitter today despite being heavier.

I also improved my wardrobe, enabled by my improved physique (previously too shy to wear anything other than L sized graphic tees due to slight man boobs). I found a good brand for formal/work wear with cutting that makes them look like tailored shirts and have gotten tons of compliments (they're also $200 a piece, so I guess they'd better receive compliments...)

But really none of that mattered. Again the statistics don't lie, <10 matches in 5 years, 3 dates (2 of which with Asians) in 5+ years. For years (even to this day), I kept getting told (gaslit) by most people who hear about my sorry luck, that I needed to "improve my profile description" and "take better pictures".

It wasn't until 2017 when I was complaining that "I tried every fucking thing" to a HK friend and she told me to try looking for dates in Asia (truth be told, I have never dated in Asia till that point, secondary school was miserable for me and I was an awkward creep).

And that was the moment of enlightenment/I proved myself right and the advice to improve my profile as uninformed bullshit/gaslighting because I used the exact same profile, pics and everything that barely got results in Germany... and the matches started rolling in while in Malaysia (also Singapore while vacationing there short term). 1 match every few days, I got more matches in 2 weeks while in KL/SG than years in Germany. Then I set up dates and went on a couple before my vacation was over. Next vacation i tried again, same thing... and again, and again.

Cherry on top is I get to have my pick of dates to a certain extent in Asia too. I don't want anything close to chubby, I want English speaking, prefer overseas educated (stereotypically tend to click better). Only the top tier hotties are out of reach and I have accepted I need to get into top fit shape before I might even remotely qualify. And that's OK! Better than being treated as non-existent across all tiers in a shithole like Germany!

Even though date quantity is not a guarantee of date quality in the end but certainly superior to NOTHING FOR MONTHS AND YEARS in Germany. Dating is a numbers game. It's impossible for you to win the lottery if you're not even allowed to buy a lotto ticket!!!

That sounds like a miracle medical cure advertisement whenever I tell people that but that's really the truth - have a shitty time dating as an Asian guy in the west? Gain some experience, get yourself a good job in Asia, move and never look back. As a plus, you also boycott the same racist western countries that treated you like shit since you're no longer contributing to their economy.

I totally believe you.

You have worked hard to improve yourself and your chances in dating! good job! The only thing is the pool to search from. Yes indeed among white chicks asian guys rank low. For White guys they tend to rank asian girls higher than white gals ranking asian guys. even my old kids tell me this.

So naturally you want to go to a country where your own race is majority.

I hope you find your partner soon. The other thing I notice is age. Sometimes you meet a girl who is not of the right age where she wants to settle down yet. So it is hard. But as they get older they will lower their expectations.

When will you be moving to SG?

Last edited:

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tips living in Sg:

food it is so easy to get if u live in hdb downstairs got a lot of coffee shops with so many food U can never go hungry.

For public transportation like mrt and buses if u don’t mind crowded and occasionally breakdowns especially mrt then it’s ok but your manager if local he or she won’t be happy that u are late for work. Always leave home 30min earlier bro.

there so many shopping centres and the new ones will pop up like mushroom after a few years.
If u like windows shopping then u will be spoiled there

Oh ya if I not mistaken sg gahmen do have organised singles to meet up I forgot what it’s call that is where u meet other singles.
U have to google if u interest and plan to move to Sg bro.

Oh ya house renting or room renting try to get as high floor as possible because if u choose low floor sometimes on weekends got malay wedding it will get very very very noisy!!!!
Trust me on this I live second floor when I was in sg. And another tip try not to get house just beside the lift at night u can hear the lift moving up and down Lol

For relaxation in Singapore because I am very poor I can’t afford to relax in Sg I normally save up money for afew months me and wife goes to JB to relax makan, see movie( I hate watching movie in sg because people there never off their hp and they can even talk on the phone!) go for 2 hrs full body massage and in the evening go back to sg.

If I remember more tips I will post again ok

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Trust me on this I live second floor when I was in sg. And another tip try not to get house just beside the lift at night u can hear the lift moving up and down Lol

Haha! I remember the lift will say "Going up", "Going down" hear this anytime your neighbors take the lift if you live next to lift.

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha! I remember the lift will say "Going up", "Going down" hear this anytime your neighbors take the lift if you live next to lift.

its been 10 years i rarely hear that lift voice bro kekekekekekeee
another one is if your bed room is next to the staircase especially u live low floor sometimes people just dont want to use the lift and the take the stairs down u can here their footsteps this one once awhile unlike the life voice lol.

another very very important thing is always ask the house owner(malay owner) if u want to rent the whole house if the house is hunted or they got keep "something" ghost in the house because after u pay the deposit there no way to run away and worst u have to live with the ghost!!!!! i kena once before!!!!!!!!

how i know this because after my National Slavery i found a job as mailroom cum despatch i started to rent rooms and rent the whole house for almost 10 years and because most of my salary goes to the rent i had to eat plain biscuits for dinner.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
its been 10 years i rarely hear that lift voice bro kekekekekekeee
another one is if your bed room is next to the staircase especially u live low floor sometimes people just dont want to use the lift and the take the stairs down u can here their footsteps this one once awhile unlike the life voice lol.

another very very important thing is always ask the house owner(malay owner) if u want to rent the whole house if the house is hunted or they got keep "something" ghost in the house because after u pay the deposit there no way to run away and worst u have to live with the ghost!!!!! i kena once before!!!!!!!!

how i know this because after my National Slavery i found a job as mailroom cum despatch i started to rent rooms and rent the whole house for almost 10 years and because most of my salary goes to the rent i had to eat plain biscuits for dinner.

Ah. The sound of people wearing flip flops going up and down the stairs. Plok plok plok!

So the ghost you lived with what did it do? How you know it is there? Interesting.

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah. The sound of people wearing flip flops going up and down the stairs. Plok plok plok!

So the ghost you lived with what did it do? How you know it is there? Interesting.

bro on the night i moved in to that 3 room rented house one of the room is locked from the outside.
i opened the boxes and start to iron my work uniform because next day need to work and its already 11pm.
while i was ironing i heard a loud sound from the locked room like "someone" hit hard on the wall!!
i put my ear on the wall and to my surprise the hitting directly on my ear!!!!!!
in my mind who inside the room because the room is lock from outside and i am the only one in the house!!!!!!!!

then i stop what i doing lucky i able to iron one shirt and took a shower and went to sleep in the master bed room and i close and lock the bedroom door.
after i fall asleep suddenly "someone" from outside the master bed room trying to force open the door knop!!!! i got a shock and wake up and open the door and saw no one!!! it happen 3 times until i so angry and open the door wide open! and say come i open the door come!!!!!

i waited and waitden i could hear"someone" pulling the chair in the kitchen again and again!!! i wake up and went to the kitchen i didint on the light and i just siton the chair waiting and it never appear!!!!

well i wanted to leave the house but i already paid the deposit and i really go no more extra money to find another rented house!!!
si the whole 2 weeks every night there noises and one day the owner came to the house an old malay pakcik he told me he want to get his passport in the lock room so he went in and he stay in that room for at least 40 min and i could smell he is burning something inside the locked room. and before he left at the main gate he look me at the eyes and ask me if i can adapt in this house and i and answer yes pakcik but in my heart i already paid doposit i cant go anywhere.

well after he came and "get his passport" the disturbance is lesser maybe he told the ghost not to disturb me i am there to stay. if u ask me how long i lived there i say i live there foe 1 year 2 month lol

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
bro on the night i moved in to that 3 room rented house one of the room is locked from the outside.
i opened the boxes and start to iron my work uniform because next day need to work and its already 11pm.
while i was ironing i heard a loud sound from the locked room like "someone" hit hard on the wall!!
i put my ear on the wall and to my surprise the hitting directly on my ear!!!!!!
in my mind who inside the room because the room is lock from outside and i am the only one in the house!!!!!!!!

then i stop what i doing lucky i able to iron one shirt and took a shower and went to sleep in the master bed room and i close and lock the bedroom door.
after i fall asleep suddenly "someone" from outside the master bed room trying to force open the door knop!!!! i got a shock and wake up and open the door and saw no one!!! it happen 3 times until i so angry and open the door wide open! and say come i open the door come!!!!!

i waited and waitden i could hear"someone" pulling the chair in the kitchen again and again!!! i wake up and went to the kitchen i didint on the light and i just siton the chair waiting and it never appear!!!!

well i wanted to leave the house but i already paid the deposit and i really go no more extra money to find another rented house!!!
si the whole 2 weeks every night there noises and one day the owner came to the house an old malay pakcik he told me he want to get his passport in the lock room so he went in and he stay in that room for at least 40 min and i could smell he is burning something inside the locked room. and before he left at the main gate he look me at the eyes and ask me if i can adapt in this house and i and answer yes pakcik but in my heart i already paid doposit i cant go anywhere.

well after he came and "get his passport" the disturbance is lesser maybe he told the ghost not to disturb me i am there to stay. if u ask me how long i lived there i say i live there foe 1 year 2 month lol
Wow you power lah bro! 1 year 2 months! Was this a landed property or flat?

So the ghost never touch you? Only just make noises. You ever see things move by itself?

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow you power lah bro! 1 year 2 months! Was this a landed property or flat?

So the ghost never touch you? Only just make noises. You ever see things move by itself?

It was a 3 room hdb flat bro.
that ghost never touch or show herself or himself to me bro if they show themself i surely hit them bro
All I can say my life and my luck in sg is very bad.

Human bully me and even hantu also bully me! Why I was brave when I rented the hunted house is because before that ever since I was 6 year old I saw ghost already over the years.

Of course I was really scared but after I was afew I get very angry why me!!!!
Some I saw very scary some not so scary bro
And there was once during chinese 7th month I was a small boy age around 5 year old playing hide and seek with me when I came back late at night around 3 plus am!!!

Last edited: