• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

i almost fainted when i saw this month's PUB bill **@@**

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think i better curfew my hippo maid from soaking too much, too long and too many times a day in the bathroom :(

is it becos of my hippo maid or is this skyrocketing pub bill an epidemic? that is everyone's being hit?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
tomorrow morning back at the office, i wonder what's the PUB bill's like for the business premises. **@@**

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
could there seriously be a "bug" in PUB's reading system? can't remember any news warning about impending utilities increase in such drastic manner.

doesn't anyone here pay the PUB bill and please share whether u also got such a rude shock this month over the billing.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i think i better curfew my hippo maid from soaking too much, too long and too many times a day in the bathroom :(

is it becos of my hippo maid or is this skyrocketing pub bill an epidemic? that is everyone's being hit?

Your hippo maid must be masturbating with the shower's water jet too many times daiLy.Try to fiX a
Cam to catch her in the Act..:eek::smile:

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
could there seriously be a "bug" in PUB's reading system? can't remember any news warning about impending utilities increase in such drastic manner.

doesn't anyone here pay the PUB bill and please share whether u also got such a rude shock this month over the billing.

Just to share with you my experiences with hippos or gazelles. All are wasteful buggers. My maid went off, no replacement in July last year and my water and gas bills have been reduced by at least 30% since. Electricity remained more or less the same. Here are some ways filis and indons waste utlities:

a Always running the washing machine, often at less than full load, instead of doing hand washing;
b Letting the water in the pail run on and on with the clothes whenever they do handwashing.
c Taking 30 minutes or more baths with heater and water full on;
d Washing up kitchen utensils, on tap big volume because they also use a lot of mama lemon to wash up everything;
e filis and indons always in habit of frying and frying for meals. They love to fry because it is the easiest thing to do when it comes to cooking;
f Using up plenty of cooking oil, for example, frying brinjals in oil prior to cooking. The bloody brinjals will soak up plenty of oils;
g Boiling soup - put on cooker at medium or high heat for 30 minutes or more while they go and skive off to sms or talk to friends on the handphones.

Maybe other members also can contribute other examples. Moral of story - you just have to monitor the hippos usage of utilities and set specific guidelines for them or else your utility bills are going to continue to sky rocket.

By the way, heard from a friend some time back, old HDB or old houses have utility meters that often record high usages, because the some part of the equipment is rosak after 10 years or more. You have to monitor your meters or ask PUB to come and replace new ones so that proper recordings are done. How true is this? You have to work it out somehow.

Cheers.

Last edited:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to share with you my experiences with hippos or gazelles. All are wasteful buggers. My maid went off, no replacement in July last year and my water and gas bills have been reduced by at least 30% since. Electricity remained more or less the same. Here are some ways filis and indons waste utlities:

a Always running the washing machine, often at less than full load, instead of doing hand washing;
b Letting the water in the pail run on and on with the clothes whenever they do handwashing.
c Taking 30 minutes or more baths with heater and water full on;
d Washing up kitchen utensils, on tap big volume because they also use a lot of mama lemon to wash up everything;
e filis and indons always in habit of frying and frying for meals. They love to fry because it is the easiest thing to do when it comes to cooking;
f Using up plenty of cooking oil, for example, frying brinjals in oil prior to cooking. The bloody brinjals will soak up plenty of oils;
g Boiling soup - put on cooker at medium or high heat for 30 minutes or more while they go and skive off to sms or talk to friends on the handphones.

Maybe other members also can contribute other examples. Moral of story - you just have to monitor the hippos usage of utilities and set specific guidelines for them or else your utility bills are going to continue to sky rocket.

By the way, heard from a friend some time back, old HDB or old houses have utility meters that often record high usages, because the some part of the equipment is rosak after 10 years or more. You have to monitor your meters or ask PUB to come and replace new ones so that proper recordings are done. How true is this? You have to work it out somehow.

Cheers.

wow! thanks for sharing the info. I didn't realise that! if only I could get the wifey to snap out of her sob story and send her a one way ticket back :(

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
by the way, I ve added points to you. thanks again!:wink:

Me??

Thanks man, Ah Bah!!!:biggrin:

Not that we are inclined to control hippos and micro manage what they do....but, I realised that most of them do not come from urban background. Even if urban, water, gas and electricity is not their costs, of course they don't care and anyhow use and anyhow waste. We just have to set guidelines for them....I used to tell maids right at the beginning, .... I look at the PUB bills every month. If that particular month very high, I will do an average over last six months and if the particular month is higher than 6 month average, I ask them to pay the difference!! ... of course never did ask them to pay, but this is one way to demonstrate that there is such a thing as they being careful about using Sir/Mem's utilities and cheng hu is also around. Don't suka suka open tap big big and enjoy one hour hot shower massage and mastxxx :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: