• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Huawei Mate 60 Pro Reviewed as the Most Powerful Mate and Rumoured as "5.5G" Phone, Samsters Saliva Dripping?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
The final death throes at an imploding regime.

Much of that money will be spent on many things but semiconductor manufacturing is not one of them. :cool:
Exactly, the money will end up in those corrupted CCP executives working in collaboration with their semiconductor companies. There are already numerous examples in the past.

Just like their government subsidies for EVs. Suddenly, there was a big mushroom of EV manufacturers to take advantage of these subsidies and eventually, most of the EV cars sold are now in the graveyard because they are of low quality. Those swindlers were making tons of money because the manufacturing cost of the actual EV car is less than the subsidies being given by the government.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I go to buy bell and Ross, better
Never buy China phones. They have built-in spywares. I personally have experienced it. Eons ago, my wife and I were in Beijing and we happened to shop for a handphone for ourselves. It was then using their Symbian (originally from Nokia) modified version OS. Android was not even born at that time.

One day, I'd realized that the phone will automatically record your conversation (at random) into a "voice" file. There is no way to stop this and you won't know it unless you hooked it up to a computer so that you can view the "voice" files in Explorer. As this is a domestic model, I suspect they are checking on their own people such that if one were to connect to the Internet, the phone will send back these "voice" files to their servers for the CCP officials to monitor on their own people.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never buy China phones. They have built-in spywares. I personally have experienced it. Eons ago, my wife and I were in Beijing and we happened to shop for a handphone for ourselves. It was then using their Symbian (originally from Nokia) modified version OS. Android was not even born at that time.

One day, I'd realized that the phone will automatically record your conversation (at random) into a "voice" file. There is no way to stop this and you won't know it unless you hooked it up to a computer so that you can view the "voice" files in Explorer. As this is a domestic model, I suspect they are checking on their own people such that if one were to connect to the Internet, the phone will send back these "voice" files to their servers for the CCP officials to monitor on their own people.
Never ever buy phones meant for the tiong-cock market. You will notice tiong phones come with lots of bloatware that cannot be uninstalled and are actually meshed into the OS.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For folks like me who are paranoid and repulsive towards big techs, you can go get a Xiaomi/Poco phone you like, unlock the bootloader and install a custom rom like LineageOS. You can go de-google it as it comes without Google apps. Battery life is excellent as there's no telemetry going on in the background. Catch is Safetynet will not pass but I don't do banking on my phone at all so not an issue for me.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For folks like me who are paranoid and repulsive towards big techs, you can go get a Xiaomi/Poco phone you like, unlock the bootloader and install a custom rom like LineageOS. You can go de-google it as it comes without Google apps. Battery life is excellent as there's no telemetry going on in the background. Catch is Safetynet will not pass but I don't do banking on my phone at all so not an issue for me.

All Tiong phones have backdoor, even the non-Huawei ones. Better avoid them totally.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
All Tiong phones have backdoor, even the non-Huawei ones. Better avoid them totally.
google also collecting our data, the difference is google wont pass to FBI unless for legitimate reason. CCP can demand any cina company for anything.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
google also collecting our data, the difference is google wont pass to FBI unless for legitimate reason. CCP can demand any cina company for anything.
Google has been fucking with anti-Trump users during the pandemic like disabling their Google Cloud Computing account. Just look at Sundar Pichar foto. Does this look like a good guy to you? Fucker has evil written all over his face. Oh by the way, they have quietly removed their famous "Don't be Evil" slogan. Why?

sundar-pichai-7.jpg

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
@ArabicReja973
This is how Huawei produced its 7nm Kirin 9000 chips via SMIC for its Mate 60 Pro:
- SMIC managed to tweak the simpler DUV chipmaking machines that were designed to produce more mature nodes,14nm and up, to produce the 7nm chips.
- China is free to buy DUV machines from the Dutch company ASML but curbed from buying more advanced EUV lithography machines.
- The tweak of the DUV machines made the process very inefficient, with a low yield rate at 20% to 50% per waffer, compared to the EUV machines at 90%.
- This DUV tweak process is inefficient and costs a lot more on a per chip basis.
- Huawei is currently selling its phone at a loss because of expensive chips inside.
- With this, China has made limited progress, but far from a breakthrough in the chip-making industry.
- How long Huawei or SMIC can absorb the loss is still a question provided they are unfairly heavily subsidized by the Chinese government.
- One thing for certain: the US will broaden hasher tech restrictions and plug any loopholes that Chinese firms are exploring.
- Netherlands has said it will impose export control to limit SMIC's access to more DUV machines.