• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HSR and RTS Discussion

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
You guys have to real about the RTS proposal.
While there are already provisions on the SG's side for the terminal, which is in Woodlands East station near the Republic Poly, so far, there were no official announcement confirming this project on JB side.
NO location of terminal station confirmation, NO confirmation of the continuation of the line into JB, NO confirmation of the alignment of the rail from SG.
Nothing but just talks!

If there is any initial work that need to be done, it will be the geological survey studies on the stations and rail alignment.
Since the rail has to cross over the Straits, whether above or under it, this study has to be carried out on the seabed condition.
There will be platoons with drilling equipment floating over the Straits to collect soil samples for lab test and this will take several weeks.
Until you see any of such platoons floating over the Straits, give up hope cause nothing will happen.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I only half believe the RTS.

Was very happy when it was first announced that it would complete in 2018. But realized it's not for real any more.

Then I read it was already determined to be at some "Bukit Chagar". Went to search on the map and saw that it's near the old JB after the causeway. Where exactly I don't know.

I've also read articles saying many times "once RTS and HSR ready, it will improve connectivity and places like Medini will be so convenient.... a place where Singaporeans can live but work in Singapore."

Everything sounds so nice but I don't think it will change anything much. Maybe ease slightly the traffic at the causeway. RTS may be the one to jam badly instead.

It's not as if they are planning something more massive, like an LRT which stops at different areas. Without this, the ease of travel still has a very long way to go. If you want to live in the popular areas of PH, Danga Bay or Medini, you cannot possibly rely on public transport. You need a car or bike.

You guys have to real about the RTS proposal.
While there are already provisions on the SG's side for the terminal, which is in Woodlands East station near the Republic Poly, so far, there were no official announcement confirming this project on JB side.
NO location of terminal station confirmation, NO confirmation of the continuation of the line into JB, NO confirmation of the alignment of the rail from SG.
Nothing but just talks!

If there is any initial work that need to be done, it will be the geological survey studies on the stations and rail alignment.
Since the rail has to cross over the Straits, whether above or under it, this study has to be carried out on the seabed condition.
There will be platoons with drilling equipment floating over the Straits to collect soil samples for lab test and this will take several weeks.
Until you see any of such platoons floating over the Straits, give up hope cause nothing will happen.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I only half believe the RTS.

Was very happy when it was first announced that it would complete in 2018. But realized it's not for real any more.

Then I read it was already determined to be at some "Bukit Chagar". Went to search on the map and saw that it's near the old JB after the causeway. Where exactly I don't know.

I've also read articles saying many times "once RTS and HSR ready, it will improve connectivity and places like Medini will be so convenient.... a place where Singaporeans can live but work in Singapore."

Everything sounds so nice but I don't think it will change anything much. Maybe ease slightly the traffic at the causeway. RTS may be the one to jam badly instead.

It's not as if they are planning something more massive, like an LRT which stops at different areas. Without this, the ease of travel still has a very long way to go. If you want to live in the popular areas of PH, Danga Bay or Medini, you cannot possibly rely on public transport. You need a car or bike.

Instead of building the new RTS, all they need to do is to improve the current rail system between Woodlands and JB where all the things are already in place.
Add more trips instead of the current 6 trips/day both ways, improve the boarding procedure, reduce waiting time, use newer rapid train coaches, improve the fare etc. but unfortunately, the KTM is not doing anything.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh haha... But Singaporean cannot drive Msia vehicle or bike into Singapore right? Or can Singaporean buy Msia car but drive within Msia only? Sorry noob here. :P Then can take RTS from Sing to JB, then from JB drive home.

I just bought a new MY registered car three months ago, so no issues about buying and driving in MY. But cannot drive into SG lor.

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Instead of building the new RTS, all they need to do is to improve the current rail system between Woodlands and JB where all the things are already in place.
Add more trips instead of the current 6 trips/day both ways, improve the boarding procedure, reduce waiting time, use newer rapid train coaches, improve the fare etc. but unfortunately, the KTM is not doing anything.

Was thinking if they install those Changi Airport style conveyor belt escalator people mover between JB and Woodlands, can be cheaper and better? Just step on it and let it move you from one checkpoint to the other. Good idea boh?:biggrin:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
So means your MY car is used only to drive around in MY, but you have a SG registered bike to go from SG to JB?

I just bought a new MY registered car three months ago, so no issues about buying and driving in MY. But cannot drive into SG lor.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was thinking if they install those Changi Airport style conveyor belt escalator people mover between JB and Woodlands, can be cheaper and better? Just step on it and let it move you from one checkpoint to the other. Good idea boh?:biggrin:

This idea was proposed before by some MCA or DAP fella, supposed to be like the Sentosa Island bridge mall thingy. Heard it was scrapped coz the bus operators lobbied against apparently, hearsay.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
This idea was proposed before by some MCA or DAP fella, supposed to be like the Sentosa Island bridge mall thingy. Heard it was scrapped coz the bus operators lobbied against apparently, hearsay.

Aiya....thought my idea very original....chey....if true the bus operators act in self preservation....Haiz...

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems so...though not explicitly stated...or maybe the eventual RTS could be scaled down and complemented by a more extensive BRT? But I think the SG-JB one still on.
http://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2016/02/22/better-connection/

Sunway has BRT running in its township since last year. It connects the KTM station to other parts of the township. Seemed to be quite efficient. It is actually electric buses running on a elevated highways with stations just like MRT. No traffic jams and buses or intervals can be added on as and when required. BRT is a lot easier to build and maintain than MRT.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simply means that these people still has no idea what to do and what has to be done and just keep on tossing up whatever ideas that come to mind to show they know a little bit of something.
And please note that it is only a mere suggestion and not even a proposal.

This is just within Iskandar right? I was thinking the more critical projects are RTS and HSR, as compared to intra-Johor transport networks.