• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HSR and RTS Discussion

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
RTS / HSR are just bonus for my investment. I am really not expecting anything from these rails. Even if they are aborted, I am still contented with my investments in Iskandar area over a 20 year time frame because from what I see, Singapore economy is contracting.

Bro Frodo,

Fret not, I'm sure u bought into Iskandar not bcoz of RTS/HSR etc.
These measures are just icing on the Cake for u and many of us.
If it happens Good. If not life goes on bro.
We're not speculators ma.

:cool:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
RTS / HSR are just bonus for my investment. I am really not expecting anything from these rails. Even if they are aborted, I am still contented with my investments in Iskandar area over a 20 year time frame because from what I see, Singapore economy is contracting.

When I bought my unit in PH in early 2013, HSR was never in picture and it was never a factor.
Frankly if anyone who invested based on HSR or even RTS, they are very risky investors. Cos they are investing on something that may or may not happen. Such futures must not be taken into account. That is akin to gambling.
Invest only based on fundamentals, something that you see and grasp.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe security guard also can. :biggrin:

Security Guard can earn appx $1.7k. After CPF take home appx $1.3k
Base on exchange rate conservative 2.8 u still get ard 3.6k myr.
Add on easily 2k sgd = $5.5k myr from HDB rental,
very decent $ to survive on a simple lifestyle.

:biggrin:

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I bought my unit in PH in early 2013, HSR was never in picture and it was never a factor.
Frankly if anyone who invested based on HSR or even RTS, they are very risky investors. Cos they are investing on something that may or may not happen. Such futures must not be taken into account. That is akin to gambling.
Invest only based on fundamentals, something that you see and grasp.

Actually, what is there in Iskandar that is more probable than HSR/RTS which makes the investment less risky?

You can say the above probably because you are buying the unit for your own use and not thinking of making money from it. Maybe it's the nice view, cheaper price compared to SG properties and larger size that attract you.

I would even guess if the whole investment turns out to be worthless, you are hardly affected because this is just "extra money" you use to buy the property. The experience of living there is worth the price you paid and you wouldn't be so bothered whether it will fetch a good price or not next time. If it does, then that's extra bonus. If it doesn't so be it.

But for an investor with limited funds and can only place his money carefully into a single property, Iskandar still carries all the risks that have been mentioned. It's not easy for him to say: "I don't care whether the property does well or not next time." Doing so may cause the person to lose some S$300-400k in the long run if the market and demand really turn out to be bad. That's a very high risk indeed.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, what is there in Iskandar that is more probable than HSR/RTS which makes the investment less risky?

You can say the above probably because you are buying the unit for your own use and not thinking of making money from it. Maybe it's the nice view, cheaper price compared to SG properties and larger size that attract you.

I would even guess if the whole investment turns out to be worthless, you are hardly affected because this is just "extra money" you use to buy the property. The experience of living there is worth the price you paid and you wouldn't be so bothered whether it will fetch a good price or not next time. If it does, then that's extra bonus. If it doesn't so be it.

But for an investor with limited funds and can only place his money carefully into a single property, Iskandar still carries all the risks that have been mentioned. It's not easy for him to say: "I don't care whether the property does well or not next time." Doing so may cause the person to lose some S$300-400k in the long run if the market and demand really turn out to be bad. That's a very high risk indeed.

Plus the fact that he is Malaysian and buying on home ground, whatever happens, it is still home.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Many many investors in JB are gullible. Especially so when they buy on hear say and flip one get one free type of mentality. That is not investing. That is gambling. Cos they are limited in funds, they got to pick and choose where to place their bets carefully. They cannot afford to lose. In this case, I say again, invest only on fundamentals. Do the leg work. Do not listen to agents. Go to the site and see it with own eyes. They are so afraid not be able to buy. And later, they lamented that they made hasty decision. Such is what we call impulse buying. Learn to say NO.

Developer don't cheat you. It is the naive buyers who came to them, of course with some coaxing from agents who are interested in the commission they make. Developers do not pull the buyers and and con them. Politicians announce all sorts of things. And there are people out there who believe plans, MOUs and Agreements are all the same. It is their money and if they do not want to be careful to cross check, no one can help them.

It is not that I can afford to lose or not. Money is not the factor but judgement is. Own use or for investing is the same. When I pick a unit, I make sure my unit would be in front of the market for any buyers when downturn happens. I will not hesitate to walk away if the few units I choose is not available. Either it is the best (to my standards) or none at all.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many many investors in JB are gullible. Especially so when they buy on hear say and flip one get one free type of mentality. That is not investing. That is gambling. Cos they are limited in funds, they got to pick and choose where to place their bets carefully. They cannot afford to lose. In this case, I say again, invest only on fundamentals. Do the leg work. Do not listen to agents. Go to the site and see it with own eyes. They are so afraid not be able to buy. And later, they lamented that they made hasty decision. Such is what we call impulse buying. Learn to say NO.

Developer don't cheat you. It is the naive buyers who came to them, of course with some coaxing from agents who are interested in the commission they make. Developers do not pull the buyers and and con them. Politicians announce all sorts of things. And there are people out there who believe plans, MOUs and Agreements are all the same. It is their money and if they do not want to be careful to cross check, no one can help them.

It is not that I can afford to lose or not. Money is not the factor but judgement is. Own use or for investing is the same. When I pick a unit, I make sure my unit would be in front of the market for any buyers when downturn happens. I will not hesitate to walk away if the few units I choose is not available. Either it is the best (to my standards) or none at all.

"Many many investors in JB are gullible", this, I agree with you 100% plus being plain naïve too.
Many were also simply overwhelmed by fancy showflats.
Just like that Country Garden at Danga Bay. It was marketed as "Gold Coast Living" in their posters and TV ads but in reality, the project not even sited beside the Straits but actually sited on the mouth of Sungei Skudai.
And don't ever think of swimming in this part of the Straits with the dirty Sungei Skudai draining into.
And then the Princess Cove.
Fake beach together with deck chairs and beach parasols suggesting sea-side living but in reality, that fake beach was never meant to be.
That beach had been already reclaimed over now for future development and the will also be no beach because the retaining wall is already constructed with granite blocks!

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long there is no earth quake that tear Singapore away....JB will profit from it...the richer Singapore is the better. Singapore draw wave and wave of rich people....for generations to come. Sorry Iskandar is the flea you can get rib off. LOL

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long there is no earth quake that tear Singapore away....JB will profit from it...the richer Singapore is the better. Singapore draw wave and wave of rich people....for generations to come. Sorry Iskandar is the flea you can get rib off. LOL

The richer Singapore is, the poorer its people become. The new citizens is going to push the old citizens out.
That the X factor one forummer used to say. Those who can afford, they buy Australia. Those who have barely enough, they buy JB. Those still who don't have anything have to stay put in HDB for life. Facts of life.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
The richer Singapore is, the poorer its people become. The new citizens is going to push the old citizens out.
That the X factor one forummer used to say. Those who can afford, they buy Australia. Those who have barely enough, they buy JB. Those still who don't have anything have to stay put in HDB for life. Facts of life.

Actually the last group that u mentioned. They can also choose to rent out their HDB.
Either rent a cheap condo in JB or retire in a Decent Retirement Village.
2k SGD easily can get 5-6k myr. Enuff to do so wo working.
If stay in SG's HDB, work till DIE.

:(

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually the last group that u mentioned. They can also choose to rent out their HDB.

already heard of pple doing it liao...

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Many many investors in JB are gullible", this, I agree with you 100% plus being plain naïve too.
Many were also simply overwhelmed by fancy showflats.
Just like that Country Garden at Danga Bay. It was marketed as "Gold Coast Living" in their posters and TV ads but in reality, the project not even sited beside the Straits but actually sited on the mouth of Sungei Skudai.
And don't ever think of swimming in this part of the Straits with the dirty Sungei Skudai draining into.
And then the Princess Cove.
Fake beach together with deck chairs and beach parasols suggesting sea-side living but in reality, that fake beach was never meant to be.
That beach had been already reclaimed over now for future development and the will also be no beach because the retaining wall is already constructed with granite blocks!

Was at Country Gardens Danga Bay a few nights ago. Must say was quite impressed with the scale of construction going on there. Plus some of the eateries quite nice too. But maybe visit to eat and looksee is different from living there when come 2018.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

If condo rental is about RM1500, then remaining still ok for for living simply for two persons. Also need to set some money for small car. But if have kids then depending on HDB rental alone would not be enough.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
If condo rental is about RM1500, then remaining still ok for for living simply for two persons. Also need to set some money for small car. But if have kids then depending on HDB rental alone would not be enough.

Yes. If have kids is not feasible. Is meant more for ppl in their 50s onwards.
This group their children should be self sufficient liao.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not forgetting some of these retirees in their Sixties are also drawing CPF Life payouts.
If children have their own homes, hdb rental + cpf life payouts = :p

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was at Country Gardens Danga Bay a few nights ago. Must say was quite impressed with the scale of construction going on there. Plus some of the eateries quite nice too. But maybe visit to eat and looksee is different from living there when come 2018.

I must say the building progress was very fast, good chance TOP on schedule.
Wonder you had visited the river bank too.
Many of the eateries there are already the 2nd generation ones, many had closed after 1 year.
Most of the tower blocks structure are up and you can see how packed and congested the blocks are laid out.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not forgetting some of these retirees in their Sixties are also drawing CPF Life payouts.
If children have their own homes, hdb rental + cpf life payouts = :p

Not many, what you have described are the very fortunate ones, in reality many old folks in Singapore more likely to be out everyday exercising, living a hand to mouth existance and getting killed on the roads.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. If have kids is not feasible. Is meant more for ppl in their 50s onwards.
This group their children should be self sufficient liao.

You probably have no kids, couples in their 50s usually still have tight budgets, even the well to do, need to send children for overseas education, they are far from self sufficient.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

This category can only afford to rent RM800 per month condo, so why are you putting your hopes on this type? And since many forummers here are betting that Singapore is declining, many old folks may not even be able to rent out their HDB.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yep you got me right. Actually is Australia, UK. Anyway my planning in Australia came to fruition after making and planning for 22 years.

The really cannot make it Singaporeans, which are currently the majority, are trapped and have no choice but to stay put in Singapore.

JB property only good to buy for self stay, because for investment, the target market is even poorer than the investor, how to make money?