• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HSR and RTS Discussion

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yep you got me right. Actually is Australia, UK. Anyway my planning in Australia came to fruition after making and planning for 22 years.

The really cannot make it Singaporeans, which are currently the majority, are trapped and have no choice but to stay put in Singapore.

JB property only good to buy for self stay, because for investment, the target market is even poorer than the investor, how to make money?

Iskandar never had a strategy to lure property investors. It often portray itself like Shenzhen to Hong Kong. It implemented catalyst projects like entertainment, tourism, industrial and education. It hope to draw people to come to support these projects.
It is those greedy developers and very naive investors who think they can make money riding on this wave.

For those genuine buyers for own stay and work in those industries, it is right strategy. For those greedy ones who hope to flip to make money, then it is a problem cos it is buying into something that has a very long gestation period. Ironically, (and I wish to apologise), many seemed to fit into this money making trend. The genuine ones for own stay do not have this problem.

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Iskandar never had a strategy to lure property investors. It often portray itself like Shenzhen to Hong Kong. It implemented catalyst projects like entertainment, tourism, industrial and education. It hope to draw people to come to support these projects.
It is those greedy developers and very naive investors who think they can make money riding on this wave.

For those genuine buyers for own stay and work in those industries, it is right strategy. For those greedy ones who hope to flip to make money, then it is a problem cos it is buying into something that has a very long gestation period. Ironically, (and I wish to apologise), many seemed to fit into this money making trend. The genuine ones for own stay do not have this problem.

I think invest can, just take a long term position. The flip-quick-gain short term investment tactic is probably not going to work in JB.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
This category can only afford to rent RM800 per month condo, so why are you putting your hopes on this type? And since many forummers here are betting that Singapore is declining, many old folks may not even be able to rent out their HDB.

I like to state my outlook and interest for Singapore is to excel. I joined this forum in 2011 and it has grew with activities/discussion topics from nobody care about Iskandar.....to buy Iskandar rogue developers sure abandon project...to Iskandar the hottest oversea investment....to Iskandar oversupply and region economic slowdown.....

All these are influenced by major contributor Singapore...either directly i.e. investment, publicity....or indirectly just by being next door to Singapore.

You are right...yes investment should be focus on a prosperous Singapore middle class whether foreign or citizen...

Non investment view....I like to see also cross border community in Iskandar from Singapore based whether foreign or citizen...regardless of economic classes......

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes totally agree and we know that across the causeway from Malaysia many are the greedy and naive ones, whose sole intentions are to collect rent and hope for good CA with no intentions to stay in Johor.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes totally agree and we know that across the causeway from Malaysia many are the greedy and naive ones, whose sole intentions are to collect rent and hope for good CA with no intentions to stay in Johor.

When the Fixed Deposits rate is 1.5%, what you expect people to do with their investments? They need to grow their money as inflation and costs keep rising very fast. Apart from putting the money under their pillows and those volatile markets, the next best is to invest in properties. Question is which one.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Historical moment where notoriously bitter enemies stand together. Feels weird.

http://www.themalaysianoutsider.com...in-common-remove-najib-as-pm-says-dr-mahathir

If this really happens do you think the HSR and RTS will ever be built?

4/3/2016
======

Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak will launch the Johor Strategic Growth Plan in conjunction with his working visit to the state on Sunday.

Najib, who is also Finance Minister, will launch the plan and the Comprehensive Development Plan ii (CDPii) in Educity Stadium, Iskandar Puteri near Johor Baru.

The growth plan includes strategic and comprehensive development vision in Johor to develop every district in the state in accordance to certain areas in the next five years, said a statement from the Johor Menteri Besar's Office today.

CDPii focuses more on the environmental and social management aspect, as well as development prospect offered in the Iskandar Development Region Malaysia.

Prior to the launch, Najib is scheduled to attend the launch of the Forest City real estate development in Gelang Patah, to be graced by Johor’s Sultan Ibrahim Sultan Iskandar.

The project will create more than 220,000 jobs for the locals by 2035, through involvement in the eight industry growth sector, including education, health care and tourism.

The project, characterised by its environmental concept, will be built on four man-made islands with an area of 1,400 hectares.

It is one of the largest real estate development projects in Asia in terms of the number of property units to be developed in nine phases for a period of 20 years.

Najib will also officially open the Johor Urban Transformation Centre (UTC) in Galleria, Johor Baru.

The UTC is the eighth to be officially opened by the prime minister after similar centres in Kuala Lumpur, as well as one each in Malacca, Perak, Pahang, Kedah and Sabah.

https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/332799

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha... You talk like an UMNO guy who once said the same thing -- Iskandar was never meant to have property development in mind. If investors or buyers want to go there to buy properties, they take their own risk.

I think that is a very irresponsible and arrogant statement.

If that is true, who did the Iskandar authoritirs sell so much land to the developers? Isn't it also for their greed to make money?

When the hard truth is finally out that there is so much land in Iskandar, oversupply of properties being built and to be built, now they are saying "It's your business. We didn't ask you to buy properties in Iskandar."

This just goes to show how haphazard and unsystematic the whole planning is.

I don't think many rushed in during 2012/13 with the hope of flipping. They really thought they could rent out or sell next time for profits. But given the kind of uncertain climate and lack of convincing planning from the authorities, the confidence of present and future investors definitely will be affected.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha... You talk like an UMNO guy who once said the same thing -- Iskandar was never meant to have property development in mind. If investors or buyers want to go there to buy properties, they take their own risk.

I think that is a very irresponsible and arrogant statement.

If that is true, who did the Iskandar authoritirs sell so much land to the developers? Isn't it also for their greed to make money?

When the hard truth is finally out that there is so much land in Iskandar, oversupply of properties being built and to be built, now they are saying "It's your business. We didn't ask you to buy properties in Iskandar."

This just goes to show how haphazard and unsystematic the whole planning is.

I don't think many rushed in during 2012/13 with the hope of flipping. They really thought they could rent out or sell next time for profits. But given the kind of uncertain climate and lack of convincing planning from the authorities, the confidence of present and future investors definitely will be affected.

Yes, they are haphazard. Yes, they are not systematic. This is Malaysia. It is a 3rd world country. It is NOT Singapore where everything is transparent. And yes, the buyers are naive. It is called sheepish investment. They must know this is Malaysia.
And it is not arrogant at all. Arrogance is like "If you don't like, get out of Malaysia". That is what we call arrogance but we are nice people here.

And investors are all the same. They do not thank anyone when they make money, they blame the whole world if they lose. Be responsible. Be accountable for all your actions and the consequences of what you did. It is you and you alone who is greedy to make money. This the hard truth in the real world. No one will take pity on anyone. Remind me of my younger days. Girly bars are sexy. You go in at your own risk. Don't blame anyone when you get sick. :smile:

Last edited:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read an article some time ago that mentioned it has been decided the location of the RTS will be in Bukit Chagar. Does anyone know if this is confirmed and is the plan still ongoing?

It was also mentioned that the RTS (and HSR) once built, will improve connectivity in Iskandar.

One question though.... How does this help? For eg, for residents who are staying in PH or Medini, they still need to find their way to their destinations from the RTS station itself. As for the HSR, I don't think the cost will be cheap enough to use as a regular transport.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read an article some time ago that mentioned it has been decided the location of the RTS will be in Bukit Chagar. Does anyone know if this is confirmed and is the plan still ongoing?

It was also mentioned that the RTS (and HSR) once built, will improve connectivity in Iskandar.

One question though.... How does this help? For eg, for residents who are staying in PH or Medini, they still need to find their way to their destinations from the RTS station itself. As for the HSR, I don't think the cost will be cheap enough to use as a regular transport.

From the RTS, its only 15 min to PH and cars are cheap in MY.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

It says "improve connectivity" which probably means the causeway linkage between SG and JB. Within JB and MY still best to own your own set of wheels for probably less than cost of a COE. :biggrin:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
It says "improve connectivity" which probably means the causeway linkage between SG and JB. Within JB and MY still best to own your own set of wheels for probably less than cost of a COE. :biggrin:

Oh haha... But Singaporean cannot drive Msia vehicle or bike into Singapore right? Or can Singaporean buy Msia car but drive within Msia only? Sorry noob here. :P Then can take RTS from Sing to JB, then from JB drive home.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh haha... But Singaporean cannot drive Msia vehicle or bike into Singapore right? Or can Singaporean buy Msia car but drive within Msia only? Sorry noob here. :P Then can take RTS from Sing to JB, then from JB drive home.

SG can only drive MY cars inside MY...but can apply to drive 28 days free into SG if staying n working in MY I heard .