• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How Would You Deal With Nasty & Impolite Ciustomers?

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Customer: My ticket number is 1234, Can i speak to engineer X?
Call Center Agent: He is already off duty Sir, I will need to pass your ticket to another Engineer to assist you
Customer: Can I speak to your Supervisor?
Call Center Agent: He is not in the office Sir
Customer: Can I talk to your Manager?
Call Center Agent: He is not around Sir
Customer: Can you give me the email address of your CEO?

Given this sort of situation, how would you deal with it?
Usually, it will very difficult to remain your cool.
Do you have any effective tactics to tell the customer off?

jw5

Loyal
If the call center agent is not supposed to give out the email address of their CEO, then reply:

Call Center Agent: We are not supposed to give out the email address of our CEO.

And wait for the next question. :wink:

Call Center Agent: He is already off duty Sir, I will need to pass your ticket to another Engineer to assist you

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Watch and learn, sinkie cowards! This white woman has more balls than the average sinkie male.

[video=youtube;7z-NZsfFIjA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z-NZsfFIjA[/video]

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the call center agent is not supposed to give out the email address of their CEO, then reply:

Call Center Agent: We are not supposed to give out the email address of our CEO.

Next question the customer will likely pull this stunt to threaten the agent.

Customer: Give me your full name

You can bet the customer is going to file a complaint and back stab the agent.

If you are the call center agent, what will you do?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The next question is give me your mother number.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

beg and grovel. Bash myself.
I have been taught and have learned well working as a doctor in Singapore. Whenever someone complains or raises their voice etc the worst thing to do is to try to stand up for yourself.
Never do that. Instead bash yourself. I would give them the email address of the CEO if I knew it. I would also offer to refer them to someone senior. Offer to ask manager to call them back. The idea is to get them off the call. Any excuse that they would accept to get them off the call. If they get angry with you, apologize (even if it is no fault of mine). If they say "are you an idiot?" I would reply " if you feel that I am an idiot, I am sorry for making you feel like I am idiot".

Frontline service staff are there to be bashed. They are like little chihuahua dogs tied to a tree. Beat them up. If they bark, beat them more. If they try to bite they will never kill you and in fact it will give you more cause to suggest the dog be put down. Chihuahuas.

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
beg and grovel. Bash myself.
I have been taught and have learned well working as a doctor in Singapore. Whenever someone complains or raises their voice etc the worst thing to do is to try to stand up for yourself.
Never do that. Instead bash yourself. I would give them the email address of the CEO if I knew it. I would also offer to refer them to someone senior. Offer to ask manager to call them back. The idea is to get them off the call. Any excuse that they would accept to get them off the call. If they get angry with you, apologize (even if it is no fault of mine). If they say "are you an idiot?" I would reply " if you feel that I am an idiot, I am sorry for making you feel like I am idiot".

Frontline service staff are there to be bashed. They are like little chihuahua dogs tied to a tree. Beat them up. If they bark, beat them more. If they try to bite they will never kill you and in fact it will give you more cause to suggest the dog be put down. Chihuahuas.

I will put it another way...customer service staff or anyone representing the company receiving calls from customers is supposed to SERVE THE CUSTOMER, PERIOD. .... AND LISTEN TO THEM!!!....FIRST....

Very often, it is not that the customer is unreasonable or an asshole. If the customer in his speech already indicated that he is unhappy over some aspect of the service, then it is the job of the customer service (cs) people to find out first what is the problem. The worse idiots are those cs staff who upon hearing some irritation of the customer, start an argument and add on and on to the irritation and unhappiness of the customers.....

FOR GOODNESS SAKE, ALL THE CS PEOPLE, JUST STOP, DON'T ARGUE. LISTEN AND TAKE DOWN THE COMPLAIN OF THE CUSTOMER, ASSURE THE CUSTOMER OF CONTINUED GOOD SERVICE AND THEN DEAL WITH IT AT LATER TIME....:eek:

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TS's situation is more like counter service not call center

... anyway I don't think that sound nasty or impolite

Alfrescian
Loyal

Caller must be Sinkie and Agent is either Ah Neh or Pinoy...

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I were the Call Centre person, I will politely tell the customer to call the Complaints Department. And let them deal with it.

Cheers!

apogee

Alfrescian
Loyal

The call centre guy is totally incompetent. He should be fired.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Caller must be Sinkie and Agent is either Ah Neh or Pinoy...

Based on my observation and feedback it's those Ah Neh who likes to complaint.
They bring their Indian culture to every place they stay, work or travel.

The moment they think the Call center agent is asking stupid questions or answering them in a stupid way, they will always pull this sort of stunt.
If you are the call center agent, do you bend forward or bend backwards?
Do you fark the customer back upside down?