• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to save this forum?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We can all see traffic at the Sammyboy forum has been in the dumps recently. This may be attributed to post election hangover but the signs don't look very promising. Aside from responses from news cut-and-pasted from other sites, there's not much original intelligent content anymore.

Truth be told this forum has been facing increasingly stiff competition from Facebook and other websites and it needs an urgent injection of fresh ideas and contributors much like PAP needs a party rejuvenation.

The main strengths of SBF are
  • Sam Leong assured anonymity (proved good so far),
  • Valuable content from old timers like Scroobal, Sneeringtree, Serendipity, the crew from Emigration folder, et al.,
  • Humsup old man theme which is funny and cynical.
  • er...can't think of any more for now

The fact that this place is unmoderated is no longer an advantage. One fucker logs in with his 10 clones to disrupt threads and it is perfectly fine in Sam's book.

How can this place capture the young politically sentient Singaporeans? Sites like TOC, Mrwangsaysso and Mr Brown has been appealing to readers as a source of balanced commentaries.
How to not lose forummers to other sites? Yahoo.sg, CNA and ST forums have loosened up with their online censorship.
How can we compete with newer and "hipper" media like Facebook, TOC?

Sam Leong just put more money in to upgrading this site and it would be sad (for him) to face such a quick demise. I expect Mr Leong to come in and post a "you don't know shit, this forum is doing better than ever" reply but we can all see what's been going on.

Thoughts please...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
What gives you the idea that the site is dying? Where are your stats?

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sam,

Are you including the guests/lurkers coming to this site? For me, i use this site as a proxy because these's a hyperlink on top for me to go to The Delphi Forum. :biggrin:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
This forum is dying for sure. Postings seem to be down.

They're down compared to when election fever was at it's height but it's been exactly the same for other sg political sites. You can compare sites at alexa. Posts are still way above last year's levels and nobody said the forum was dying in 2010.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Sam,

Are you including the guests/lurkers coming to this site? For me, i use this site as a proxy because these's a hyperlink on top for me to go to The Delphi Forum. :biggrin:

I simply look at the alexa trend. The methodology has not been altered.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
getting bore n bore each day..

That's because the site is populated with twits like yourself.

The site was started for Sinkies to chat with each other anonymously. If you enjoy chatting here, you're welcome to stay. If it's too boring for you, go somewhere else.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... The site was started for Sinkies to chat with each other anonymously. If you enjoy chatting here, you're welcome to stay. If it's too boring for you, go somewhere else.
watz dat zopim chat doing here? ... iz irritating ... :rolleyes:

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The site was started for Sinkies to chat with each other anonymously. If you enjoy chatting here, you're welcome to stay. If it's too boring for you, go somewhere else.

chat huh? no chatroom also?
i tot you gonna say ... for Sinkies to KPKB?

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Sam has to stoop so low to come out and play with us....the first signs of cancer are emerging. hehe....

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I simply look at the alexa trend. The methodology has not been altered.

That's the same way PAP is running this country - look at GDP, look at the stats. (Bear in mind you don't have the GRC system in the net to help you stay in power here ok?)

You should also look at the quality of posts. Comparing 2010 to now, there is really a significant dip in standard. So many posts are by the same fucker in his 20 nicks. So many outdated views recycled from other sites. I just want to help this site restored to the glory days.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi,boss,am i a twit???am i a twit???..............................................................twit...twit...??:o

Last edited:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think u guys better go easy on Sam. Afterall, he is doing all the shit to maintain this site. Haa.... It's like going to your friend's house and complain not big enough.