• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to increase opposition votes at the next GE

lesMISERABLES

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many hypotheses have been put forward that LEEgime's lax immigration policies to convert more foreigners to naturalized citizens are but an attempt to ensure that LEEgime is voted into power at every GE. Some even likened them to a PPS (Population Ponzi Scheme).

LEEgime's efforts can be turned by the opposition to its own advantage.

Here's how:

(A) Abolish compulsory NS. It makes no sense that less than 10% (read: SG males) of the total population is forced to protect the city-state. Instead any one who is at least 18 years of age can join the army as a career soldier. Accordingly the remuneration will be at market rates, not the current measly sum handed out to NS soldiers.

(B) Allow dual citizenship. Any citizen will be allowed to hold dual citizenship. Currently many Ah Tiongs, Ah Nehs, Pinoys, etc... who become naturalized citizens have not really renounced the citizenship of the country of their birth. Allowing dual citizenship will, so to speak, level the playing field for born and bred Singaporeans, who currently are at a disadvantage. Moreover children of some Cabinet ministars are already citizens of other countries, in addition to being Singaporeans.

(C) Ah Tiongs, Ah Nehs, Pinoys, etc...must obtain a pass in English language on their PSLE or GCSE "O" level paper before they are awarded full scholarships by MOE. A non-governmental independent panel comprising both PAP and opposition MPs will audit the annual statistics. No IELTS or TOEFL scores are admissible as proof of proficiency in the English language. Moreover taxpayers' money should not be used to pay for private tuition for foreign scholars to improve their English. They are scholars, aren't they?

(D) ICA will compile statistics that are of national interest annually and present them to a non-governmental independent panel comprising both PAP and opposition MPs for audit purposes. Examples of such statistics: actual figures on the number of naturalized citizens by country and region, number of rejected applications (by country and region), number of dependents brought over to Singapore (by country, region, age, gender), etc...

(E) As in (D) above, same procedure for Ministry of Manpower.

(F) The opposition shall propose to hold a national referendum once every 10 years for citizens and permanent residents to decide whether to have a minimum CPF sum, the quantum of the minimum sum and the age at which CPF funds can be withdrawn. The final decision made by citizens will be kept separate from that of permanent residents (read: permanent residents will decide their own fate.)

(G) Transport subsidies will be paid out to Singaporeans annually.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
You must really think that what we say here will influence politics in Singapore, esp. election results? How deluded!

It won't. But try explaining why he started the thread a few weeks before the GE, when the candidate had not even done anything wrong before polling day, before nomination day and had not even uttered a word in parliament.

I have said before, internet monikers are shit and there are probably not that many people here to be influenced.
But there must be an objective or motive for him to start the thread right? What is it?
If you look through the thread, you will even find probably your one and only post ever, disagreeing with him.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It won't. But try explaining why he started the thread a few weeks before the GE, when the candidate had not even done anything wrong before polling day, before nomination day and had not even uttered a word in parliament.

maybe some people obviously think otherwise. hoping for the snowball effect in the internet ?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have said before, internet monikers are shit and there are probably not that many people here to be influenced.
But there must be an objective or motive for him to start the thread right? What is it?
If you look through the thread, you will even find probably your one and only post ever, disagreeing with him.

I dont bother myself going thru old posts the way you did, but if I remember well, what Scroobal said was that CSM shld have been more upfront with the truth, since he was pivotal to the grandstanding at Aljunied GRC challenge to PAP, we all didnt want him to become a smear victim of PAP. In fact I read it that Scro was simply expressing some frustration that sometimes Opp candidates allow their Achilles heels to be exploited by PAP. So if CSM had come clean with an honest answer regarding his backgrd and absence, he wld hv done everybody a service. Scroo was simply chiding him on that, imho.

So let's move on. I dont see anything sinister.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Personally, I think all Opposition parties should be like the WP, i.e not opposing PAP for the sake of opposing.

If PAP is doing it correct, agree with PAP. If PAP is not doing it correctly, whack them.

This will appeal to those middle voters who are the swing votes!

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. Either you have an idealogy in which case you stick by it and its principles or you dont have one and then you go by the people's conscience to speak up for them and be their voice.

Personally, I think all Opposition parties should be like the WP, i.e not opposing PAP for the sake of opposing.

If PAP is doing it correct, agree with PAP. If PAP is not doing it correctly, whack them.

This will appeal to those middle voters who are the swing votes!

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The WP is just a fashionable party. It will die as it does not have the tenacity like the PAP!

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only PAP is able to rule this country. Even WP admits it.

WP does not have a choice. As long as they kept sending its candidates to contest in every electorate, it has to prepare for a clean sweep against PAP and formed a new govt by law.

On the other hand, ff WP is not ready, they will not stand in the way of a 3-corner fight and risked becoming a new govt in the next election. This will give SDP & other opposition parties the chance to contest and collecitvely win several seats in parlaiment. I hope in GE2016, voters can
give Dr Chee the opportunity to walk into parliament, he has the talent and depriving him a place in parliament is like taking away one warrior from the people. PAP needs to shit in the pants with the presence of Dr Chee.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oppoistion will lose votes in GE2016. The Pap has responded to the peoples' problems.

You're talking from your backside.. No wonder you kena zapped..

PAP responded to the people's problems?

Please kindly give few examples to justify your post..

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You're talking from your backside.. No wonder you kena zapped..

PAP responded to the people's problems?

Please kindly give few examples to justify your post..
Pap has acted to cool the market.
Build more flats.
Pump in more money for buses.
And lots more.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pap has acted to cool the market.
Build more flats.
Pump in more money for buses.
And lots more.

Where's the money coming from when they bought the buses?

From the sky? LOL..

Very kind of the PAP to purchase new buses for its citizens..

I assure you the PAP will increase the fares the minute these buses exit the bus depots to pick up the first passenger..

Last edited: