• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to generate monthly $1k using $300K

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Invest in agriculture biz, guarantee 100% buy back your crop. It's easily get more than $1K a month. Guarantee not ponzi scheme.

Can anyone advise how to invest $300K to generate about $1k monthly , which is my monthly expense. Which investment can have a safe 3-4% returns ?

oratedar

Alfrescian
Loyal
TS

just be wary of some sinkie fucktard who post other people's angpau and claimed it to be his. confirm a conman, don't say 300k, he cannot be trusted with even $300.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think you can look at some dividend stocks in sgx. Paying 4-5% dividend, just nice 1k per month. Not to mention yearly the stock will apprciate.

If you get a dividen in Spore don't forget about the GST you have to the PAP. Also if you don't trade actively, you also need to pay the brokers for keeping the shares. Last time it was $12/month.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wah... put inside fix D rates also not so high loh. how can any time want it back? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I know friends who invested in the licensed moneylending biz. Usually 10 months to return whatever invested with monthly repayments. Small amount 3-4 months.

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can anyone advise how to invest $300K to generate about $1k monthly , which is my monthly expense. Which investment can have a safe 3-4% returns ?

Any average quality REIT can get you back dividends S$500/month from a S$70,000 investment. So if you put in your S$300K, you should be getting back S$2,000 a month minimum.

But from what you post, you are probably not an experienced investor. So you need to find a good advisor. Because the REIT price can fluctuate up or down according to the times, giving the Greenhorn/Rookie/Newbie a serious Heart Attack. Who is a good advisor? I suggest BossSam. :biggrin:

Brubeck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A HDB 3-room flat gives excellent yield. A $300,000 3-room flat can rent out for $1800 and that works out to be about 6.9% after deducting property tax and etc.
The HDB market is softer now and based on latest transactions, if you hunt hard enough, can get slightly below $300,000.

Next best secure thing is Singapore govt bonds with coupons ranging from 2.75% to 3% plus.

http://www.sgx.com/wps/portal/sgxweb/home/marketinfo/fixed_income/sgs

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you get a dividen in Spore don't forget about the GST you have to the PAP. Also if you don't trade actively, you also need to pay the brokers for keeping the shares. Last time it was $12/month.

Bro... I dont get you. I just got my dividend from a stock i bought in SGX. I didnt have to pay any GST. Also, I dont trade actively, so the shares i bought in Dec 2012 has not been sold off yet. And i have not paid the $12/month that you mention. :confused:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A HDB 3-room flat gives excellent yield. A $300,000 3-room flat can rent out for $1800 and that works out to be about 6.9% after deducting property tax and etc.
The HDB market is softer now and based on latest transactions, if you hunt hard enough, can get slightly below $300,000.

Next best secure thing is Singapore govt bonds with coupons ranging from 2.75% to 3% plus.

http://www.sgx.com/wps/portal/sgxweb/home/marketinfo/fixed_income/sgs

Not trying to punch holes....
But where to find a 300k hdb flat that can be rented out for 1.8k per month?
Note also the hdb laws governing rental of flats.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It has maturity date if you go to the individual bank website to take a look.
From what I understand it's up to the bank discretion to redeem the preference shares after a X number of years.

Speaking of which, 300k from sudden windfall? Strike lottery!!!
If it is good for you:smile::smile::smile:

You may want to consider this too, just saw on sgx website. Olam bond

Olam6.75%b180129 US$

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The riskier the client the higher the returns....
Even low risk clients also you are already looking at AT LEAST 15% returns PER MONTH

Yes. 35-40% monthly interest and usually 1-2k only for risky clients. 15% very hard to find. Most dont do monthly. 5 wks 25% seems the norm.