• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

how to don't spend money and enjoy during retirement

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm consolidating some tips on this. So far thought of the below .please share if you happen to know more .spend a little bit is OK.

Watch Korean drama and media Corp and hk drama and online movies
Pcc
Go cbd area walk around in shorts and look at ol
Go fishing
Go swimming
Play hp games
Go window shopping
Go library read books and sleep enjoy the aircon
Go cc watch TV and tcss with ah Pek
Join some language course in cc cheap cheap type
Play musical instruments.
Travel around sg and eat nice and cheap hawker food

Just thought of some more :

Go Ikea eat $1.50 hot dog and drinks
Rest on the sofa see hot chicks
Go east coast see sunset and sunrise and take a deep breath enjoy sea breeze
Walk the sentosa boardwalk
Rest in hotel lobby, can go different high class hotel. Then take a good shit in the restroom

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
chiew
this is easy and nice

[video=youtube;DUxSS779Y1o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUxSS779Y1o[/video]

you can add some boil broccoli and capsicum

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Read the title don't need spend much money. That one need a.lot of money and may be gone if unlucky.:cool:

Read annual reports is FOC lah, only pay price of internet connection. Buy one lot is not very expensive. Petrochina (857) = HKD 5 X 2,000 (lot size) = HKD 10,000 = < SGD 2,000. China Construction Bank (939) = HKD 4.50 X 1,000 (lot size) = HKD 4,500 = < SGD 1,000. With your SGD 300,000 free cash should be no problem :rolleyes: Futures day trading can skip.

Last edited:

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
1/3 of Sinkies age 45 and older say they will never be able to afford retirement in expensive Sinkieland, they have to work till they die in one of world's the most expensive countries. Song boh 69%, you voted for this PAP shit.

A third of older workers fear they will never be able to retire: HSBC survey

Published: 01 Mar 2016

9 out of 10 say they will struggle financially upon retirement.

Singapore is one of the toughest countries in the world to retire due to financial pressures, according to HSBC’s latest Future of Retirement report.

The report showed that one out of three pre-retirees—or workers aged 45 and older—believe that they will never be able to retire fully, nearly double the global average of 18%.

Not having enough savings was cited by 68% of respondents as the top reason for the inability to retire, higher than the global average of 64%. Meanwhile, 47% said that they have dependents who rely on them, higher than the global average of 32%. Debt was cited by 26% of respondents as their primary reason for being unable to retire, compared with the global average of 22%.

Meanwhile, 68% of pre-retirees would like to retire within the next five years. However, 48% say they are unable to do so, compared to the global average of 38%. This is because 90% say they would struggle financially—compared to the global average of 81%—because they have not saved enough, are in debt or have family financially dependent on them.

- See more at: http://sbr.com.sg/hr-education/news...-able-retire-hsbc-survey#sthash.Sic3LEM7.dpuf

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1/3 of Sinkies age 45 and older say they will never be able to afford retirement in expensive Sinkieland, they have to work till they die in one of world's the most expensive countries. Song boh 69%, you voted for this PAP shit.

A third of older workers fear they will never be able to retire: HSBC survey

Published: 01 Mar 2016

9 out of 10 say they will struggle financially upon retirement.

Singapore is one of the toughest countries in the world to retire due to financial pressures, according to HSBC’s latest Future of Retirement report.

The report showed that one out of three pre-retirees—or workers aged 45 and older—believe that they will never be able to retire fully, nearly double the global average of 18%.

Not having enough savings was cited by 68% of respondents as the top reason for the inability to retire, higher than the global average of 64%. Meanwhile, 47% said that they have dependents who rely on them, higher than the global average of 32%. Debt was cited by 26% of respondents as their primary reason for being unable to retire, compared with the global average of 22%.

Meanwhile, 68% of pre-retirees would like to retire within the next five years. However, 48% say they are unable to do so, compared to the global average of 38%. This is because 90% say they would struggle financially—compared to the global average of 81%—because they have not saved enough, are in debt or have family financially dependent on them.

- See more at: http://sbr.com.sg/hr-education/news...-able-retire-hsbc-survey#sthash.Sic3LEM7.dpuf

Huh ? Only 1/3 I thought is more . Anyway luckily I'm not in the 1/3 . Heng man.
Wonder who the 1/3 voted for .
Also maybe the 1/3 also can retire if they can find a way of not to spend much money during retirement.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
How very nice to retire and relax, no stress and worries from work.

My goal is to retire comfortably before 50, and I'm quite close to achieving my goal, might only need a few more years working. My wife is quitting her job this month to stay home and teach the kids, and she will probably be a retiree.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How very nice to retire and relax, no stress and worries from work.

My goal is to retire comfortably before 50, and I'm quite close to achieving my goal, might only need a few more years working. My wife is quitting her job this month to stay home and teach the kids, and she will probably be a retiree.

Congrats Bro !
Mine is on the way counting down in days. Still bit too young but so long can gain freedom is good to me. Need to find more activities that are cheap and foc..not like yrs kind :biggrin:

KopiMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congrats Bro !
Mine is on the way counting down in days. Still bit too young but so long can gain freedom is good to me. Need to find more activities that are cheap and foc..not like yrs kind :biggrin:

go fuck your mother pua chee bye u mangina prickhead :oIo:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
go fuck your mother pua chee bye u mangina prickhead :oIo:
Knn told u to wait for spca patiently liao. They coming with animals net beware. Convert to dog language since u can't understand...aw aw aw..aw aw aw aw. Ooooo.. aw aw.ooo

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have a question.. If suggested you go to swimming pool to play water and take up a cheap language course .. I assume u have to pay for the entry to the swimming pool and pay for the language course..

Assume u retired and not working.. How are u going to earn back the money you pay for the swimming pool entrance and language course fee?

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a question.. If suggested you go to swimming pool to play water and take up a cheap language course .. I assume u have to pay for the entry to the swimming pool and pay for the language course..

Assume u retired and not working.. How are u going to earn back the money you pay for the swimming pool entrance and language course fee?
Before qualify to take this route must already work out a min sum per mth. I estimate it to be about sgd 600 +- is enough

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Before qualify to take this route must already work out a min sum per mth. I estimate it to be about sgd 600 +- is enough

The key to retirement is not minimum sum.. It is how to earn back the minimum sum.. How many $600 you can spend or can last you..?

If u got lobang to earn at least $600 per month.. Then u are ok and safe from depleting your resources. Provided u also counted in the inflation.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The key to retirement is not minimum sum.. It is how to earn back the minimum sum.. How many $600 you can spend or can last you..?

If u got lobang to earn at least $600 per month.. Then u are ok and safe from depleting your resources. Provided u also counted in the inflation.
Yes .most people have this mindset which is the right way. But that is more appropriate for people who want to leave a large portion of their wealth to their children or any inheritor. They must chase after a large amount of money as a principal amount to grow their money. In this way they are spending the money gained and not touching the principal..pychologically feeling secured .but end of the day they did not live to spend their wealth.

My suggested route is more applicable for singles whereby he doesn't need to care whether he leave behind anything when he dies. Just work till a saving amount of eg sgd200 k and a cpf of min sum required by pap.
From here can workout a retiring expenditure of eg sgd 700 per mth. If say that person retires at 45, he will need 700x12x20yrs =168k .the extra 32k just take it as inflation till age 65 then he can continue to do this using the cpf min sum .

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes .most people have this mindset which is the right way. But that is more appropriate for people who want to leave a large portion of their wealth to their children or any inheritor. They must chase after a large amount of money as a principal amount to grow their money. In this way they are spending the money gained and not touching the principal..pychologically feeling secured .but end of the day they did not live to spend their wealth.

My suggested route is more applicable for singles whereby he doesn't need to care whether he leave behind anything when he dies. Just work till a saving amount of eg sgd200 k and a cpf of min sum required by pap.
From here can workout a retiring expenditure of eg sgd 700 per mth. If say that person retires at 45, he will need 700x12x20yrs =168k .the extra 32k just take it as inflation till age 65 then he can continue to do this using the cpf min sum .

Of course we need to think about medical stuff. As a cho bo lan person, we will have all the time to queue up in polyclinics to minimize medical bills. Apply CHAS/PG or whatever available medical benefits from pap since no income simi lj also can qualify. If you talk about serious or terminal illness then bye bye lor. Anyway no matter how much you earn, if hit jackpot is also end of story.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Of course we need to think about medical stuff. As a cho bo lan person, we will have all the time to queue up in polyclinics to minimize medical bills. Apply CHAS/PG or whatever available medical benefits from pap since no income simi lj also can qualify. If you talk about serious or terminal illness then bye bye lor. Anyway no matter how much you earn, if hit jackpot is also end of story.

So you assume you will be like that until u die... Isn't that a waste of life.. My suggestion is for singles too.. Because u only go for $600.. And if u can earn back the $600..u can last forever... And who knows.. Ur investment might give u more than $600..

This is not for leaving any money behind but to be in a secure path. You dunno when u will use the money.. U cannot predict what will happen in the future.. My suggestion is for the buffer for such unexpected situation.

Anyway.. Maybe next year.. Ur plate of fried rice will go up by $1..and that will be for every year..

200k is not a lot and use up fast. Even faster if special temptation and craziness occurred..

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So you assume you will be like that until u die... Isn't that a waste of life.. My suggestion is for singles too.. Because u only go for $600.. And if u can earn back the $600..u can last forever... And who knows.. Ur investment might give u more than $600..

This is not for leaving any money behind but to be in a secure path. You dunno when u will use the money.. U cannot predict what will happen in the future.. My suggestion is for the buffer for such unexpected situation.

Anyway.. Maybe next year.. Ur plate of fried rice will go up by $1..and that will be for every year..

200k is not a lot and use up fast. Even faster if special temptation and craziness occurred..

have more of course better but have to continue to get manipulated by people that why I choose the express way :p