• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How many of u here donate to Community Chest?

navyseals

Alfrescian
Loyal
they are so rich!

ComChest sets S$85.9m target for FY2013

By Olivia Siong
22 May 2013 7:16 PM

SINGAPORE: The Community Chest celebrates 30 years of fundraising in 2013, and has raised the bar even higher -- it plans to raise S$85.9 million this financial year.

This is much higher than the S$72.3 million raised in 2012 and the S$55.7 million dollars raised in 2011.

However, ComChest is confident the target can be reached.

228 social service programmes will receive support this year, up from 219 in 2012. One of the new programmes being supported is the Experiential Learning and Mentoring Programme offered by Youth Guidance Outreach Services.

The money raised is expected to help some 300,000 beneficiaries.

Jennie Chua, chairman of the Community Chest, said: I have confidence we will reach the S$85 million target because throughout good times and bad times -- when the economy was less than robust, not only Singapore's economy, but the global economy -- Singaporeans have been very generous and forthcoming in giving money to the causes of the Community Chest."

- CNA/ac

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many years ago, when I bid & won a street sign ( the street where I grew up), that was the only time, I have ever donated to community chest. Other than that, I only know they existed on my Monopoly board game.

PrinceCharming

Alfrescian
Loyal
I let the daft 60% donate to the coffers of Pinky and his LEEgime.

Sicko-fans (read: sycophants), Por-Lumpars and cronies of Pinky should donate more. After all they benefit the MOST from their association with Pinky and his ministars.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Mostly civil serpents only....bopian must conform and score points,....just like how their countparts in mudland vote...along party lines.....

Last edited:

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they are so rich!

- CNA/ac

Never will give to any major charity in Stinkapore.
All of them controlled by appointees of LKY .

All of them have no fucking integrtity and totally rotten.
You be lucky if 10 cents of the dollar go to any real charity after that.

Check the charity and give to them directly and not via the fucking bullshit of Community Chest.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sbf's definition of cummunity chest: bros donate their "hard on", oops..... i mean hard earned, money to geylang hookers to morest their breasts, oops..... i mean chest.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In sinkieland I observed which are the types that will donate in common areas like mrt, etc. My observation is that those that look most likely will not donate to be the ones that actually donates. Mostly are the heartlanders aunties uncle kind. Well dressed sinkie rarely donates,

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
they are so rich!

By Olivia Siong
22 May 2013 7:16 PM

SINGAPORE: The Community Chest celebrates 30 years of fundraising in 2013, and has raised the bar even higher -- it plans to raise S$85.9 million this financial year.

This is much higher than the S$72.3 million raised in 2012 and the S$55.7 million dollars raised in 2011.

However, ComChest is confident the target can be reached.

228 social service programmes will receive support this year, up from 219 in 2012. One of the new programmes being supported is the Experiential Learning and Mentoring Programme offered by Youth Guidance Outreach Services.

The money raised is expected to help some 300,000 beneficiaries.

Jennie Chua, chairman of the Community Chest, said: I have confidence we will reach the S$85 million target because throughout good times and bad times -- when the economy was less than robust, not only Singapore's economy, but the global economy -- Singaporeans have been very generous and forthcoming in giving money to the causes of the Community Chest."

- CNA/ac
The poor can finally afford a BMW each.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
not to say negative things about charity.

but these commercialized charities are nothing more than salesman. for every dollar u give them, 80-90cents are contributed to the overheads. only a few cents are trickled down to the real needy.

for me, i will give my money (which i always do) to those old people pushing carts of cardboard, etc... or those collecting empty cans at coffeeshop. for those that reject my money, i will treat them to drinks.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not to say negative things about charity.

but these commercialized charities are nothing more than salesman. for every dollar u give them, 80-90cents are contributed to the overheads. only a few cents are trickled down to the real needy.

for me, i will give my money (which i always do) to those old people pushing carts of cardboard, etc... or those collecting empty cans at coffeeshop. for those that reject my money, i will treat them to drinks.

This is very true. There was a day a man knock on my door and asked me to donate to 1 of the garmen charity org, showing me his pass, pictures of the needies etc. End of day I asked him...do you get comm for it ? He said yes , that is where his salary came from he said. Eventually I didn't donate, guess what.Next he tried to persuade me to become a staff. I then asked him again...do you get comm for it, he said yes..that is where his salary came from also. Overall I felt is like a MLM.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I will donate BUT only to those NON comm chest charities.....my way of saying fuck you to the pap for trying to get even more money to an already too rich charity that doesnt do quite enough for th"community".....fuckers there seem to be more interestedbin hoarding more cash....wtf for man??? Take some out serve your fucking purpose for a goddamm change la ccb!!!

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I donate a couple dollars to temple once a blue moon, at least can get some blessing. If you donate to commuity chest, the CEO gets blessing instead and you can't be sure where the money will go to.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
donations like those for CDAC, Sinda, Muis......is deducted from unsuspecting gong sinkies every month from their pay.
some think few dollars only so can't be bothered.......it's the principle behind it and not the absolute amount.......sinkies kept busy by pappies working long hours chin chai/dunno/cannot be bothered the hassle to stop this deduction.

THE MONEY IS GOING TO THOSE JIAKLIAOBEES......YOU WANT TO FEED THESE SCUMS? YOU ARE NOT DOING CHARITY.

Time to stop all these and put your feet down to put a stop to all these! It's up to you.

hungryboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always donate $0.50 - $2.00 when I see someone on the street asking for donations. Now I will think twice before I donate to community chest in future. :P

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Before donate to comchest, did anyone know how much comchest have in their reserves.

Anyway, i converted to pap doctrine of u die your own business. Ppl with problems shd bang on mcys door everyday.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always donate $0.50 - $2.00 when I see someone on the street asking for donations. Now I will think twice before I donate to community chest in future. :P

i give directly to the tissue paper uncles/aunties. i stay away from all charitable institutions. majority are not efficiently managed in singapore. they have ludicrously high admin and marketing costs.