• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How many MPs take bus / MRT to work everyday?

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
3 years ago I was at Kembangan area and this PAP MP along with his grassroots was having a walkathon shaking hands of residents and talking to them.

There was this brand new house for sale and this MP went in take a look and one of the grassroots actually asked this MP to buy the house. Guess what he said?

IF I buy this house, every day there will be residents coming to my house knock on my door and ask me to help them. :cool:

Now we know why many MPs don't stay in the constituency they represent. Will the opposition stay in the constituency they represent, same thing also.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If GMS got into Parliament, the security police will see the first ever MP driving into MP carpark in a delivery van, the first delivery van ever to have an MP decal on the windscreen. Sim Lim Square and HDB carparks attendants shall be caught off guard too.

LoserKiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
If GMS got into Parliament, the security police will see the first ever MP driving into MP carpark in a delivery van, the first delivery van ever to have an MP decal on the windscreen. Sim Lim Square and HDB carparks attendants shall be caught off guard too.

Not going to happen man
GMS is nowhere near the quality of CST and has no chance of winning MBT just because he's an opposition
he has a very spotty resume. i wonder what he has been doing for the last 10years other than managing his computer store. voters may be looking for more opposition in parliament but they won't just nominate someone with no professional experience in it.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not going to happen man
GMS is nowhere near the quality of CST and has no chance of winning MBT just because he's an opposition
he has a very spotty resume. i wonder what he has been doing for the last 10years other than managing his computer store. voters may be looking for more opposition in parliament but they won't just nominate someone with no professional experience in it.

Whether it's going to happen or not, I wouldn't call managing a computer shop "spotty." It's a legit biz to earn a decent living. Many people can send in "flowery" resumes to big corporations seeking salaried jobs, how many can open and run a computer shop? He's from RV SAP, HCJC, OCS, SAF Cpt., NUS Econs. Hons., WP 2006 A-Team, now NSP Sec. Gen. What else is "spotty"? You want to brand people unfavorably or maliciously, cover up your own "spotty" spots first. Otherwise, you blight yourself.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal

As observed by scrobal, GMS seems to be making good progress. The IB against him seems to be in overdrive.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whether it's going to happen or not, I wouldn't call managing a computer shop "spotty." It's a legit biz to earn a decent living. Many people can send in "flowery" resumes to big corporations seeking salaried jobs, how many can open and run a computer shop? He's from RV SAP, HCJC, OCS, SAF Cpt., NUS Econs. Hons., WP 2006 A-Team, now NSP Sec. Gen. What else is "spotty"? You want to brand people unfavorably or maliciously, cover up your own "spotty" spots first. Otherwise, you blight yourself.

Actually he is making a living. He can open a hawker stall and be a hawker, as long as he is making a decent living. Hawkers can also aspire to be a MP and serve the people if their aspirations is to serve the people. I repeat SERVE the PEOPLE.

What I hate about some of the opposition is when they like to use the people as an excuse to mask their selfish attempt to overthrow the PAP. All the talk hear already very shiok, but when it comes to working for people, I don't see them doing anything except talking.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As observed by scrobal, GMS seems to be making good progress. The IB against him seems to be in overdrive.

LHL signed on SAF and was rocketed to BG by his early 30s, then became MP and Minister, ultimately Prime Minister. That's what I'd called "spotty" without social and professional experience. What else has he done or known?

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHL signed on SAF and was rocketed to BG by his early 30s, then became MP and Minister, ultimately Prime Minister. That's what I'd called "spotty" without social and professional experience. What else has he done or known?

What about the 1st Lady and her t a lent for bad investments? We have discussing a lot about problem gambling lately.I would argue she is the probably Singapore's biggest problem gambler.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What I hate about some of the opposition is when they like to use the people as an excuse to mask their selfish attempt to overthrow the PAP. All the talk hear already very shiok, but when it comes to working for people, I don't see them doing anything except talking.

you expect oppositions to deliver what real actions apart from talking? ( making press statements attacking pap policies and walking the grounds )

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal

take a bow, sir

applause.gif

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What about the 1st Lady and her t a lent for bad investments? We have discussing a lot about problem gambling lately.I would argue she is the probably Singapore's biggest problem gambler.

The biggest problem is that she's gambling with people's money and got paid something like S$5 m. p.a. whether win or lose.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
you expect oppositions to deliver what real actions apart from talking? ( making press statements attacking pap policies and walking the grounds )

The 1st basic thing as an opposition member is to let people know who you are. You may not have the media to help you, but at least you can go around the constituency that you are contending to let the residents know you are around to fight for them. Not only during election time then become active for that couple of weeks giving rally speeches.

Not every person gets to know the opposition from internet. And I am not asking the opposition to do walkabouts everyday or once a week.

Just ask any resident in Toa Payoh, Ang Mo Kio, Bedok, Tampines, Jurong. Ask them do you know which opposition member is coming to fight in this constituency? Guess what would be their answers?

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just ask any resident in Toa Payoh, Ang Mo Kio, Bedok, Tampines, Jurong. Ask them do you know which opposition member is coming to fight in this constituency? Guess what would be their answers?

Most likely answer: I will vote for anybody as long as they are NOT PAP.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most likely answer: I will vote for anybody as long as they are NOT PAP.

That's your answer, not the majority.

The ones you vote for will become another form of PAP. It's your vote, whether you are rational or irrational. Whether you want to vote someone else just because you hate the PAP. That is your own exercise right.

You said you will vote for anybody as long as they are not PAP.
Others will say they vote for PAP as long as its not anybody.

I will not vote for the lousy, neither will I vote for the lousier to take over the lousy. Making a bad mistake is 1, and to vote for the lousier is to make an even worst mistake

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
even if something is bad...i won't vote for something worse.

Actually the correct comparison should be

Something which is proven to be bad

a) housing bubble
b) public traqnsport problem
c) YOG problem
d) regular flooding
e) Mat Selamt escape
f) Town council minibond losses etc

VS

Something which has no track record

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wondering if they really know how it feels like waiting 30 minutes for a bus and standing the next 1 hour in a crowded bus ...

Why you want MPs and ministers to take bus? they will need body guards to tke the buses with them, imagine, 10 more person riding when they get into the bus......

jw5

Loyal
That's your answer, not the majority.

The ones you vote for will become another form of PAP. It's your vote, whether you are rational or irrational. Whether you want to vote someone else just because you hate the PAP. That is your own exercise right.

You said you will vote for anybody as long as they are not PAP.
Others will say they vote for PAP as long as its not anybody.

I will not vote for the lousy, neither will I vote for the lousier to take over the lousy. Making a bad mistake is 1, and to vote for the lousier is to make an even worst mistake
It's not so much these days about voting for what a party stands for or what a candidate can do for us, but about keeping the government in check and making them accountable to the ordinary citizens. Some might call it passing the power back to the people.
Let's say one day, the opposition get capable and politically savvy and Singaporeans become more politically informed and the opposition form the government. But then they start showing a lack of accountability and compassion for the ordinary people.
We can always vote pap then. I know I will.

Last edited: