• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Horrible Sinkapore Tourism Board video removed hours after public ridicule

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actor in viral STB video says pregnancy kit was really used to make scene more authen

Best part, BTW the "whiff of urine" was real... Should go Little India/ Geylang n smell the urine of stressed out drunken men...

http://newnation.sg/2014/04/actor-i...was-really-used-to-make-scene-more-authentic/

Actor in viral STB video says pregnancy kit was really used to make scene more authentic
Posted on 08 April 2014
He believes this was why the video ad has a touch of realism and was so well-received in Singapore.
STB-viral-ad-pregnancy.jpg

Lisa Marisso (left) and Ramos M. Papaos (right), play a couple whose loving relationship in Singapore touched the hearts of millions of Singaporeans.

The male lead actor in the highly-viral Singapore Tourism Board video, showing a lady and him visiting the island-state, has spoken out.
Ramos M. Papaos, a popular actor in the Southeast Asian region, said he is glad he is receiving so much media attention and newly converted fans overnight in Singapore.
Speaking about his newfound fame, the 34-year-old Papaos who has mixed Spanish blood in his family line, said: “I’d like to thank Singaporeans for their kind support for my short clip. I’ve received many Facebook messages overnight and I heard that the STB video has received many success in Singapore causing Facebook and YouTube to crash and accidentally deleting the video.”
“I would like to thank everyone for their support, especially those who put the video back online, and I am glad I tried my best by putting my acting skills to the test.”
Papos also led on that the director of the STB video — an aspiring 17-year-old filmmaker — had wanted to convey a sense of realism in the few short minutes of the video ad and made several critical decisions that led to its eventual virality.
Papos said: “Lisa Marisso, the actress, was not very close to me at first when we started out filming. To make it appear like we are a real couple who are natural and comfortable with each other, with emotional connection, the director insisted we spend more time in Singapore together even after shooting hours.”
“The director even bluffed us that there was not enough budget to make the film with proper dubbing of our voices, so we were told we had to spend the night together in the same hotel room to cut costs!”
“But this measure did eventually bring us closer and what the audience see on screen, is our real sizzling chemistry.”
However, the most crucial aspect of the video was to make the actors and audience believe in its premise.
Papos said the director’s master stroke was to convince the actors that what was happening on film was happening in real life and the script was so closely guarded, no one knew what the ending was: “The director made the actress use the pregnancy kit just before we shot the scene and no one was sure what was going on because the script was kept a secret.”
“So when you watch the video and see the look of surprise on my face when I saw a used pregnancy kit in a gift box, that is the real look of surprise because I caught a whiff of urine.”
http://newnation.sg/2014/04/actor-i...was-really-used-to-make-scene-more-authentic/

Last edited:

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
'Baby surprise' tourism promo video: Filipinos have baby shortage there too???

Duh, until few hours ago, even giving out free contraceptives at family planning was under review; also, the Filipino birth rate was 3.10(2011): (unlike measely 1.2 for Sinkapoor(2011)). I really dun think Filipinos come all the way to Sinkapoor, (stay at least 2 weeks) just to make babies...

'Baby surprise' tourism promo video could have been done better: STB

Sinkapoor politicians should limit themselves to embarrassing themselves at home..., and perhaps stop throwing away good $$$ after bad...
E.g. "dignity"= an excuse to get more fingers into the national cookie $$$ jar...
"If the annual salary of the Minister of Information, Communication and Arts is only $500,000, it may pose some problems when he discuss policies with media CEOs who earn millions of dollars because they need not listen to the minister's ideas and proposals. Hence, a reasonable payout will help to maintain a bit of dignity."
YqUYU.jpg
[IMG URL]
'Baby surprise' tourism promo video could have been done better: STB
PUBLISHED ON APR 8, 2014 1231 4
BY AUDREY TAN AND CAROLYN KHEW
The Singapore Tourism Board (STB) acknowledged on Tuesday afternoon that some aspects of its video to promote Singapore as a tourist destination to the Philippines "could have been done better."
In response to media queries, STB's executive director of communications and industry marketing Mr Oliver Chong said that the video was produced by Philippine network ABS-CNB in an effort to customise content for the country's audiences. When it was first shared on STB's Facebook page for the Philippines, the video attracted more than 3,400 'likes' in the first week and garnered some 900 comments, "largely positive', added Mr Chong.
The three-minute-long video, which was first uploaded last month has since been taken down after it caused a stir online. It featured a couple from the Philippines travelling around the island visiting attractions such as Gardens By The Bay and Marina Bay Sands. In the clip, the woman also presented her man with a gift - a pregnancy test kit with a result indicating she was pregnant. The man, taken aback, remarked that "Singapore always had a surprise waiting for me".
The video, however, drew flak from netizens, who slammed it for a variety of reasons ranging from its "bad script" to the poor use of voiceovers.
- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...ourism-board-promotional-video-taken-down-aft

fertility-1024x689.jpg
(IMG URL)

SadPlumpGirl

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Actor in viral STB video says pregnancy kit was really used to make scene more au

Pinoys are a load pf crap. I am waiting for a couple pf them to be killed in Sg...:biggrin:

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Actor in viral STB video says pregnancy kit was really used to make scene more au

Pinoys are a load pf crap. I am waiting for a couple pf them to be killed in Sg...:biggrin:
A fire at Lucky Plaza on a weekend will do the trick.
Think we shouldn't be so bad to these low wage foreigners, whom were afterall invited here on red carpet by our gahmen.

Think it is the greed, selfishness and nepotism of politicians like the following which is the real problem:
Intoparliamentjpg.jpg
[Pict= [URL="http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2012/04/disassembling-grc-benefits-pap-1/"]Disassembling GRC system benefits PAP (Part 1 of 3)[/URL]]

liftupgrade.jpg

HougangAdviser.jpg
(Picture source= How PAP uses taxpayer-funded grassroots for political gain)

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Googling lisa marisso.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]See where this ad is heading[/h]<small class="clear">
20140408_stb_ad.jpg

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 - 08:48
</small>Goh Wei Hao
MyPaper

A tourism video marketing Singapore, which made many people cringe, was meant for the Philippine market, the Singapore Tourism Board (STB) said.

But it also acknowledged that aspects of the video, titled Singapore, See Where The World Is Heading, "could have been done better".

In a mea culpa, the board yesterday took down the three-minute clip, chronicling a couple's trip in Singapore, from its YouTube channel.

Mr Oliver Chong, STB's executive director of communications and industry marketing, said the video - posted online last month - was removed "because it was not resonating well with audiences on YouTube".

STB had partnered Philippine television network ABS-CBN to produce the video as part of a promotional campaign on Singapore, "in an effort to customise content for this (Filipino) audience", said Mr Chong.

The promotional clip features the couple in Singapore's iconic attractions like Marina Bay Sands and Gardens by the Bay.

It ends along the Singapore River, where the woman presents the man with a pregnancy test kit that indicates she is pregnant.

The surprised man then says: "Singapore always had a surprise waiting for me."

The video went viral on Monday after it was picked up by several sites and panned all round by netizens here, who called it "cringeworthy" and looked as if it was produced on a "$0 budget".

Filipinos were not impressed either, reported The Straits Times. "I couldn't get past the 'Honey! Look!' The bad acting turned me off already," said travel writer and popular blogger Stella Arnaldo.

A creative director with one of the biggest ad agencies in Manila, who declined to be named, said the video "takes you out from appreciating the tourism part". "Sans the dialogue and its poor audio dubbing, the visuals about Singapore lack the appeal to make one rush to buy a ticket for a vacation there," he said.

Mr Chong said the video, which was posted on STB's Facebook page for the Philippines, attracted over 3,400 likes in the first week and garnered some 900 comments which were "largely positive".

Dr Michael Chiam, a senior lecturer on tourism at Ngee Ann Polytechnic, said that while the video's content could have been better, netizens had overreacted. "In this case, I feel that it is just the loud minority who are fanning this controversy," he said.

"If the video works for the Filipinos, then why not?

"The video may be distasteful to us but we should give space for creativity that may not fit our norms, because the target market is not us."

Ms Lily Lim, founder of BrandAngel Management Consulting, said organisations need to be careful when using social media. "It becomes public information once we click send. So we must be prepared for public comments - both likes and dislikes."

myp_newlogo.gif

Get MyPaper for more stories.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

"If the video works for the Filipinos, then why not?

"The video may be distasteful to us but we should give space for creativity that may not fit our norms, because the target market is not us."

Just because foreigners like it, it's ok? WTF?!?! Low class response

Last edited:

Timerty

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tourists often behave like retarded so the couple in the video is very representing.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly, that is happening in other countries too. There is nothing special about Singapore. All run in the same vein.

Look at this bunch of assholes running STB

Chairman - Chew Choon Seng, currently on the board of directors of GIC. The only tourism he ever did was from first class airline cabin from his former post at SQ.

CEO- Lionel Yeo, former head of the civil service college and long time govt. por lumpar civil serpent. I can't still figure out what this cheebye face's connection to tourism is.

Other members of the Board of Directors include Perm Sec Aubeck Kam (what kind of retarded name is Aubeck?). Did his parents hate him when he was born? Jessica tan, MP East Coast GRC.

I took a close look at this GLC/Stat Board, and i still can't believe they have a budget of $200 million every year. Unbelievable. $200 million for what? To tell the world to come to Singapore? To put out stupid ads? Of the $200 million annual budget, $53 million is payroll and employee compensation. The senior management earn another $10 million. Smells like another place to park PAP cronies and bootlickers to me and let them earn big salaries.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I took a close look at this GLC/Stat Board, and i still can't believe they have a budget of $200 million every year. Unbelievable. $200 million for what? To tell the world to come to Singapore? To put out stupid ads? Of the $200 million annual budget, $53 million is payroll and employee compensation. The senior management earn another $10 million. Smells like another place to park PAP cronies and bootlickers to me and let them earn big salaries.

That's basically all there is to it.

All these GLCs and stat boards serve as a seeding ground for the PAP's multitude of scholars. The 'better' (I use the term very loosely) ones get picked for a PAP MP/minister role.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A more realistic video of Stinkapore must be made to promote Stinkapore to foreign trash.

A group of stinkaporeans should go head downdown and arseholes up highhigh and a bunch of PAP bastards with Pinoy and chinoy and Bangla foreign trash go about tiewing and raping and fucking the stinkies in their arseholes or cunts.
Video taken of that by STB and posted to facebook and youtube.

That Foreign talents cumming to stinkapore all also can have a go at the stupid stinkies all head down down and arseholes up high high to be tiewed to be kanned to be fucked by joining the PAP bastards who are already enjoying themselves
Sure thing to make FTs come
And true as well.
No Stinkaporeans can deny the truth of that

Last edited: