• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hooliganism in Singapore

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1 short horn will be sufficient. I still feel that the horns came abit too fast, i will probably wait another 5 secs before i sound my horn. I guess those passengers feel so too.

they should install 2 horns in taxis machiam cars.........one 'polite' one and another the blasting one..........like that can prevent misunderstanding

OldFart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
well i can't argue with that......
funny also when the taxi driving honked, the passengers told him to relax.....anything wrong?
maybe its just me but i see nothing wrong with it. i would've dome the same if i'm driving or ask the taxi driver to honked if he didn't.

Yes boss Narong. These people are just so lucky you're not behind them sure get chop chop chop by you if they come after you. Steady la boss.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the 2 ah bengs got valid reason to react the way they did?
funny i never got such luck to run into such things.......if not will teach them some manners..........especially the fat bozo if he dare to bang on my bonnet.

Yes, reason is overstressed. Fuck the PAP. Understand? :biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes boss Narong. These people are just so lucky you're not behind them sure get chop chop chop by you if they come after you. Steady la boss.
kopisai, dun call me boss lah........
i also won't chop chop la...........i got no parang in the boot.......but got baseball bat and golf clubs...........standby for my trips to JB last time.

OldFart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes, reason is overstressed. Fuck the PAP. Understand? :biggrin:

Actually one thing we all agree is the group in front over reacted and being unreasonable. Same thing for you why you always over react and unreasonable blame PAP for everything? Post reasonably and objectively can? :oIo: too

i also won't chop chop la...........i got no parang in the boot.......but got baseball bat and golf clubs...........standby for my trips to JB last time.

Why always all me kopi? I know,we all miss him.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually one thing we all agree is the group in front over reacted and being unreasonable. Same thing for you why you always over react and unreasonable blame PAP for everything? Post reasonably and objectively can? :oIo: too

I never agreed on that. It's rude to sound the horn in this type of scenario in some countries. Why?

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Simi lanjiao hooliganism. Just a typical nite out in the streets of spore. Got ppl heads smash into pig heads then can call hooliganism.

Just said cheebye lanjiao excerise also consider gangsterism then the whole uniform groups in spore also hooligans huh?

Tiew...:oIo:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He's not kopisai. Don't be mistaken and hold your guns when kopisai returns.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's actually cultural and perceptions on using the car horn.

In Batam or Bintan or Thailand, for example, sounding the car horn is equivalent to saying 'excuse me' or 'hello', and you can hear the horn all the time. Other people smile when being horned at, and occasionally they wave back.

In Singapore, sounding the car horn is equivalent to rudely shouting 'fuck off'.

That's precisely why drivers in Singapore are mostly reluctant to use the horn, unless absolutely necessary (read: when you need to non-verbally convey 'fuck off' to whoever's in your way).

JiaJiaKaiKai

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
These fuckers are wild animals from the zoo where i live.
luckily for me and jiajia,we are not in the same enclosure as them otherwise we might end up getting rape by them.:biggrin:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should have run down that fucker who had banged on the bonnet. After that, just report your vehicle was stolen lah. If Silviu Ionescu can do it, so can you.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
It's actually cultural and perceptions on using the car horn.

In Batam or Bintan or Thailand, for example, sounding the car horn is equivalent to saying 'excuse me' or 'hello', and you can hear the horn all the time. Other people smile when being horned at, and occasionally they wave back.

In Singapore, sounding the car horn is equivalent to rudely shouting 'fuck off'.

That's precisely why drivers in Singapore are mostly reluctant to use the horn, unless absolutely necessary (read: when you need to non-verbally convey 'fuck off' to whoever's in your way).

Bro I beg to differ and please allow me to clarify.

In Thailand even how bad the traffic or situation Thais will restrain themselves from horn unless really emergency they may just tap the horn as warning. Thais are well know to be very "kraeng-jai" meaning "respect another person and do not wish to embarrass the other person". This applies to high-beam flashing too. So on Thailand roads you can hardly hear anyone sounding their horn.

Of course when I say "kraeng-jai" it is only one side of the story the other side is the ugly side - very often one will read news or watch news where people are shot on the roads and many of these incidents started with horn and flashing. One incident that caught many people's attention involves a Thai Airways pilot when he was shot and survived. The link is here http://bangkokpost.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro I beg to differ and please allow me to clarify.

In Thailand even how bad the traffic or situation Thais will restrain themselves from horn unless really emergency they may just tap the horn as warning. Thais are well know to be very "kraeng-jai" meaning "respect another person and do not wish to embarrass the other person". This applies to high-beam flashing too. So on Thailand roads you can hardly hear anyone sounding their horn.

Of course when I say "kraeng-jai" it is only one side of the story the other side is the ugly side - very often one will read news or watch news where people are shot on the roads and many of these incidents started with horn and flashing. One incident that caught many people's attention involves a Thai Airways pilot when he was shot and survived. The link is here http://bangkokpost.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx

In thailand drivers honk their horns when they drive pass some temple or shrine........this is replacement gesture for a 'wai'.......because if you take both hands off the steering wheel to perform a 'wai' is dangerous.

Last edited: