• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hong Lim Park Protest ~ Reuters.

jw5

Loyal
bro,
as much as the mood was solemn, the participants gave a smile to the other participants at the site. we knew what we were doing at HLP. it was that sense of solidarity that allowed strangers to give acknowledgement to one another. no, it wasn't that friendly gesture when you smile at a complete stranger. it was the common understanding that we are against the idea of having 6.9 million people on our little red dot.

myfoot123 also talked about the smiles exchanged by participants.
this exchange of secret smiles is starting to sound a little creepy....................... for pap......................

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't understand why people here get so worked up. All I'm trying to do is bring a bit of sanity into the discussions here by pointing out the reality of the situation and that is that a vast majority have no problems with the 6.9 million plan.... 99.9% to be exact.

People don't realise what an government they have. Sadly, once it's gone, it'll be too late for regrets.

how did you come out with 99%? base on what? don't talk like farting, u twit!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
how did you come out with 99%? base on what? don't talk like farting, u twit!

Based on the fact that they couldn't be bothered about a stupid protest.

It seems it's OK to draw conclusions regarding the the 3000 odd that were there so why is it not acceptable for me to do the same based on the fact that 99.9% did something else with their lives?:rolleyes:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course you sell. You cash out when the going is good. I've been advocating that since day one of this forum. :*:

I've also been constantly reminding everyone that Singapore has no long term future no matter who is in power. Those who really are concerned about their future generations should already be making plans to move somewhere else on mother earth.

I agree with you that with the present government, there is no long term future for Singapore. But if all were to follow your suggestion to sell off their homes and emigrate elsewhere, Singapore would not have an aging problem, which means that there is no longer a need to import foreigners. That would be a most happy situation for everybody.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Confirmed: Massive turnout at Hong Lim Park

Sinkies need to take lessons from the Ang Mohs as usual.

Ang Mohs do not have a monopoly on courage and intelligence. Sinkies can also take lessons from the Hongkies. Culturally closer - Guangdong is right next to Fujian and Teochews spilled over from overpopulated Fujian into eastern Guangdong before spreading further afield to Thailand and the rest of Southeast Asia. Of course, most of the placards and banners are written in Chinese.

[video=youtube;fryB4axGNcg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fryB4axGNcg[/video]

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Confirmed: Massive turnout at Hong Lim Park

There's nothing wrong with showing a bit of emotion for a cause that you feel passionately about. The photos convey nothing of the sort. I've seen more passion at a 7th month auction. :rolleyes:

A protest with Chinese characteristics - means there must be some gongs and drums. These the Ang Mors may not have. Sinkies can learn from the Taiwanese too!

[video=youtube;xvB1D445Mtw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvB1D445Mtw&list=PL4AF3F47A4ECBF596[/video]

jw5

Loyal
only hope this could translate to something in the next GE :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

bro, not only translate to something in the next GE, but hopefully, people will not view pap and those associated with them in PA, grassroots, IB, etc with the same respect and adoration that they were given in the past......................................

for example if you are a hiring boss and see the resume of someone connected with them, you will go "Hmmmmmmm........" instead of "Hey!!!!"

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Based on the fact that they couldn't be bothered about a stupid protest.

It seems it's OK to draw conclusions regarding the the 3000 odd that were there so why is it not acceptable for me to do the same based on the fact that 99.9% did something else with their lives?:rolleyes:

Working hard to earn more money and fuck off from this crowded tiny little cuntry?

birdie

Alfrescian
Loyal
The point I was reiterating was that I was right all along. Apart from the organisers, there were only about 30 protestors ie those waving placards or banners.

The rest of the people there were just busybodies who popped by to see what was going on. Those can hardly be classified as protestors.:rolleyes:

The real message comes from the 99.9% of true blue Singaporeans who didn't even bother to attend the event. They were too busy enjoying life to the fullest thanks to the PAP.

Sam, as an observer, I tent to disagree with mostly what you've said in this forum, not everyone is a leader or born having a vocal personality, therefore to said most are just onlookers there to see what's going on is not true, they have made their presence there to show that they are concern of the relentless influx of foreigners which is destroying our country.

MarinaSquare

On the contrary it has been raised many times in the past long before the 2011 GE. The original planning parameter was 6.5 million. All they have done is increase it to 6.9 million for planning purposes. It is no big deal.

You may have a point here. So, it's the bloody 60% - cronies - PAP families that had no idea of what's going on and having an itchy butts to sabo Sinkies by crossing the bloody box.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
bro, not only translate to something in the next GE, but hopefully, people will not view pap and those associated with them in PA, grassroots, IB, etc with the same respect and adoration that they were given in the past.

bro,
folks may have different reasons to support the MIW, am actually ok with that. it's only the sycophants that irks me.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My Dear Stupid and Idiotic Leongsam, you are a fucktard of the highest degree. A stupid and shallow person to be exact. A coward......to be exact.

All the while I had some (only a little yaa.) respect for you, Leongsam The Great. But lo behold, you are a NUT.......!!!!!

Today I am saddened to learn that YOU Leongsam is Not only a FRAUD of the highest degree and NOT worthy or an iota of respect, but a COWARD as well.

Leongsam, you can infarct me for all I care and give points to people unworthy of such points. I don't give a damned. People like Kinana.

Leongsam, Your attititude is killing these forum.

Wake up or DIE NOW for you are UNFIT to run this Forum. Your thoughts are childish.........

Stand at the rear of Johor Road and earn you keep.

Fucking Leongsam, I am better then you an idiot of the highest degree.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sam, as an observer, I tent to disagree with mostly what you've said in this forum, not everyone is a leader or born having a vocal personality, therefore to said most are just onlookers there to see what's going on is not true, they have made their presence there to show that they are concern of the relentless influx of foreigners which is destroying our country.

they are not destroying the cuntry, of which there's really none. they are destroying the perceived comfort zones of sinkies who strongly feel they are exclusively entitled to the virtual, heretofore impregnable, walled gardens of an unrealistic outmoded world view, a.k.a. "frog in the well" mentality. :p

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I've been tolerating Leongsam's bullshit for a long time. Through some seminars, I got to know a bunch of young chaps who are buying their homes for the first time and they wait fucking years to get the keys. One lady just broke up with her fiancee because they waited too long and her fiancee simply gave up and threw in the towel.

Their mortgage is 30 fucking years long.

This Leongsam chap goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about cashing out of Singapore and making a fortune from selling his Sinkee assets.

I'm getting sick and tired of it.

My Dear Stupid and Idiotic Leongsam, you are a fucktard of the highest degree. A stupid and shallow person to be exact. A coward......to be exact.

All the while I had some (only a little yaa.) respect for you, Leongsam The Great. But lo behold, you are a NUT.......!!!!! .

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I've been tolerating Leongsam's bullshit for a long time. Through some seminars, I got to know a bunch of young chaps who are buying their homes for the first time and they wait fucking years to get the keys. One lady just broke up with her fiancee because they waited too long and her fiancee simply gave up and threw in the towel.

That's because they were in the queue for govt issues pigeon holes. They should have gone straight into the private property market.

I know you're going to say next that they aren't earning enough but the question then has to asked why this is so in the first place. There are many ways to generate wealth. Slogging for someone else for a pittance isn't the ideal way of earning a living.

Take a look at this thread in the quiet zone. Here is a person who is born without any arms and yet she has achieved so much more than 99.9% of able bodied Singaporeans.

I go on and and on and on because I want to stir some fire in the bellies of Singaporeans who seem to have ended up taking pleasure in wallowing in misery and self pity instead. This is not the spirit that built the country. For goodness sake show some zest for life. People are never victims of circumstance. Every individual forges his/her own destiny. Set backs aren't show stoppers. They're just speed bumps.

If you set your mind to achieving something, it will happen.

As for the couple you mention all I can say if that if they're relationship was dependent upon the acquisition of a pigeon hole, they obviously were in it for the wrong reasons. If they truly loved it each other, they could easily have started off renting a room. When my Uncle married my Aunt in 1951, they rented a rat infested cubicle in a hut in Kampong Amber which had no water and no electricity and no concrete floor. From this shit hole, they built the foundations for a family of 5 children all of whom have gone on to be successful in life.

Life is what you make of it.