• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hong Lim Park Protest ~ Reuters.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Confirmed: Massive turnout at Hong Lim Park

You have to take the view from the overhead bridge.... or over from the parkroyal hotel side.....

Everybody there as an "observer"??? That's pretty much what I expected. At least a handful here are man enough to admit that they just went there to watch and not to protest.

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal

Everybody there as an "observer"??? That's pretty much what I expected. At least a handful here are man enough to admit that they just went there to watch and not to protest.

you mean go there KPKB, do some chest beating and try your darnest to get arreested?

thanks twit......

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

you mean go there KPKB, do some chest beating and try your darnest to get arreested?

There's nothing wrong with showing a bit of emotion for a cause that you feel passionately about. The photos convey nothing of the sort. I've seen more passion at a 7th month auction. :rolleyes:

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal

There's nothing wrong with showing a bit of emotion for a cause that you feel passionately about. The photos convey nothing of the sort. I've seen more passion at a 7th month auction. :rolleyes:

You were not there and you couldn't hear the crowd so wtf are you really talking about?

You my friend are the worst sort... a pure observer who passes inane and inciendiary remarks hoping to stir and start up shit....

but then again, why not? Heavier forum traffic enhances your well being so stirring shit and getting everyone to start zapping and infraction wars just adds to your coffers...

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod

hey sam.. you are right..
majority was there as observers..
just not enough noise, i thought they were there to make their voice heard???:confused:
sinkie.. have no idea what a proper protest should be like..:mad:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

You were not there and you couldn't hear the crowd so wtf are you really talking about?

Huh??? How do you know I was not there? For all you know, I could have been one of the speakers.

Do you know something about me that I don't know about myself?:eek:

jw5

Loyal

I saw the PAP por lumpar chap with his PAP white shirt carrying his custom made LKY doll.. He was happily posing for photos.. Really an attention seeking cheap bastard..

moron's picture in post#197. doesn't have a clue.

jw5

Loyal

Huh??? How do you know I was not there? For all you know, I could have been one of the speakers.

Do you know something about me that I don't know about myself?:eek:

No, you were not one of the speakers.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

moron's picture in post#197. doesn't have a clue.

Yes that's the attention seeking Botak bugger..:mad:

WTF was he wearing a PAP shirt and holding LKY's doll for? He was lapping up the attention like a dog wanting to please his owner..:confused: Truly disgusting... :mad:

I wonder if he was the cause of LKY's being admitted to hospital yesterday..:rolleyes:

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

#199 photo
wonder how many cars got fined for illegal parking

BotakHead

Alfrescian
Loyal

WTF was he wearing a PAP shirt and holding LKY's doll for? He was lapping up the attention like a dog wanting to please his owner..:confused: Truly disgusting... :mad:

I wonder if he was the cause of LKY's being admitted to hospital yesterday..:rolleyes:

Man, thatz not me. Lee Con You can go and die for all I care.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Lucky he din get lynch. Each of the 5000 crowd spit at him he also will drown.

Marilyn

Alfrescian
Loyal
The speakers' one or the huge covered area? i was hanging around the speaker stage right,....cant hear properly so changed to the centre....

way too many people ...my guess is about 7k....were you *anticipating* me marilyn?

I was initially at stage right, then moved to the large canopy to meet some frens, and then to stage left to meet Gilbert. I was wearing black tank top n denim shorts, and kinda eyeing all the muscle men. Saw a huge bodybuilder type but no tats...so not you lor. :(

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This so-called protest even made it to the FRONT PAGE of George Yeo's South China Morning Post ("SCMP"). Frankly, me thinks Hongkies care more about other things. However, Toh Hah Shih's boss, the Sugar King does have an elder brother who joined the Communist Party and was killed in an ambush in 1953 by British forces, something I would not have known without reading last month's SCMP. It will be interesting to compare this article with how the Shit Times covers this event.

OK, here's the article:

Singapore protest at population policy biggest since independence
In rare show of anger, crowd voices opposition to policy of increasing immigrant numbers

Toh Han Shih in Singapore, Sunday, 17 February, 2013

Thousands of Singaporeans braved drizzle to attend a rally yesterday to oppose the government's plan to increase the population by bringing in more foreigners - a rare example of protest in the tightly controlled city state.

An organiser, Kwan Yew Keng, estimated that 3,000 people took part, making it the biggest demonstration in Singapore since it gained independence in 1965, barring election rallies.

Rally leaders, who used Facebook and other online platforms to organise participants, openly attacked the People's Action Party (PAP), which has been in power for more than 50 years and controls 80 of the 87 seats in parliament after losing two byelections in the past year.

"The large crowd here shows the PAP government that they [the protesters] are not afraid any more. They don't want to hide behind a moniker on Facebook to show their displeasure," said one of the organisers, Gilbert Goh, a former opposition candidate for parliament.

One sign, apparently directed at Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, read: "Ah Loong sweetheart, 6.9 (million) is a kinky number, but quality, not quantity," referring to his comment that the country's population could reach 6.9 million by 2030. A speaker at the rally, Kumaran Pillay, said he wanted his country to be led by "a man with vision" and did not want Singaporeans' lives to be controlled by "number Nazis".

Another speaker, Sem Teo, a banking executive, said: "Singaporeans should stop being afraid and speak up for change."

Rally participant Tan Jee Say, an ex-civil servant now in opposition who ran for president in 2011, said: "The prime minister has failed us. Make way for a new prime minister."

http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/artic...rotest-population-policy-biggest-independence

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You must be blind like our aristocrats. The emotion was so stark.There was not a single smile, only sad, solemn looks on their faces: Les Miserables.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
biggest protest in singapore history, 3000 people gather, we will become a laughing stock of the world.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
You must be blind like our aristocrats. The emotion was so stark.There was not a single smile, only sad, solemn looks on their faces: Les Miserables.

bro,
as much as the mood was solemn, the participants gave a smile to the other participants at the site. we knew what we were doing at HLP. it was that sense of solidarity that allowed strangers to give acknowledgement to one another. no, it wasn't that friendly gesture when you smile at a complete stranger. it was the common understanding that we are against the idea of having 6.9 million people on our little red dot.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The whole idea of the event is to be seen by PAP as peaceful protest. Volume counts for many things whether the protest is peaceful or violent. People are there as sign of displeasure on the white paper, the crowds influence the news, the news get attention and a wake up call to the useless leader.It was a huge success.

Many people ask, what's next? Well...Punggol slaps and this protest are signs that tell PAP what is to be expected come GE2016. Enough to cause many ministers losing their rice bowl and freed Singapore like Georgie the loser.

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
My point is sinkies are all a bunch of cowards. They pretend to "support" but dare not show their hand. Hanging around and gawking hardly counts as "protesting".

I've come to the conclusion that Sinkies are even lamer than I first thought. Truly the laughing stock of the world.

were you that same motherfucking cunt who said not even 30 will turn up?

so wdf are you saying now? sinkies are cowards....

please if this PAp is so ballsy and righteous and with a proper mandate ....

then i dare them to call a NATIONAL referendum.....

NO Balls to do that right?

NO guts to check with the people of singapore right?

Because they know it will be rejected even by their own hardcore group of PLPs right?

SO WTF ARE A BUNCH OF SNIVELLING AND COWERING COWARDS NOW????

I double dare the PAP, split up all the GRCs and call for a GE in june ....

GOT NO FUCKING BALLS TO DO THAT RIGHT??

SCARED RIGHT???

NO FUCKING MANDATE FOR YOU AND ANY OF YOUR COATTAIL MPS!!!!!