• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Home Hunting

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's stopping you from offering to pay part of the housing mortgage?

When my wife and I bought our matrimonial home, she paid about 30% of it and we each have a 50% share in the house. It was fair because 30% was all she could afford and I took it to mean she was serious about the long-term prospects of the relationship (even though we already were married).

Hi John. I am fine with your sort of arrangement and would happily contribute as well. It is not me who refuse to do my share. It is him who doesn't want me to.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Find your cutesy ID calls amusing, with C3PO and R2D2. Likes of star wars cantina's strange characters depicting forumers ...next, chewbacca? :p

Hello Yin. :smile: I have been like this since young. I hate names which are long and I tend to give others a nickname, so that I can remember them better. I mean decent ones and from movie characters that I like. Shall I call you (Kungfu) Panda?:smile:

PS: I dislike chewy. He is too hairy and messy, at least by my standards. haha:smile:

Last edited:

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good Day [Claire],

In terms of land mass, there is more land and houses in Canada.

Unfortunately, in the past decade, the price of real estate in Toronto and Vancouver has increased significantly.
It has also affected the real estate in the Greater Toronto Area (commonly referred to as the "905 area", the suburbs and cities in 905 area code [289 has been added], whereas Toronto's area code is 416, and 647 has been added).

I agree with another individual who indicated that if in the past, your bf has purchased real estate with only his name on title, it is likely that he will do the same now, for all the convenience and ease for him.

In Toronto, I know of one man who does not believe in matrimony, but "live common law" with his female partner(s).
Prior to his present common law lady, he dumped his prior common "wife" whom he had been together for close to 20 years.
When that lady asked me, some 15 years ago, I indicated to her that if I was she, I would not be his "second" common law wife, because he does not believe in getting married,
as it appears that it is for his convenience. If he could dumped his first common law wife, it could happen to her.

Hello Charlie. Thanks for your advice. I appreciate them. We haven't talked about this home hunting issue today. Perhaps he is thinking twice, and I see no reason to add any strain on my part. :smile:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There may or may not be many viable options:

1. you move in with him at his current residence
1.1 marriage
1.2 live together or "common law" as in Canada

2. you move in with him, to a new residence
2.1 as above 1.1
2.1.1 co-tenant
2.1.2 real property with only his name on title
2.2 as above 1.2
2.2.1 as in 2.1.1
2.2.2 as in 2.1.2

3. other

I believe that better sooner than later, you will have to discuss the issue of marriage or living common law with him, child or children or no children, whether or not he would ask you to sign a pre-nuptial agreement (because he appears most likely to have learned from his past experience, and would like to protect his financial wealth and "matrimonial home")

Another matter:
Although your messages indicated that you have you intimacy needs, and he is getting free sex with minimum obligations and responsibilities, I speculate that the present and foreseeable arrangements will definitely benefit him.
No one will be able to predict that with his personality and charm, and financial resources, he may find another female companion, if you do not live by his rules.

Last edited:

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
There may or may not be many viable options:

1. you move in with him at his current residence
1.1 marriage
1.2 live together or "common law" as in Canada

2. you move in with him, to a new residence
2.1 as above 1.1
2.1.1 co-tenant
2.1.2 real property with only his name on title
2.2 as above 1.2
2.2.1 as in 2.1.1
2.2.2 as in 2.1.2

3. other

I believe that better sooner than later, you will have to discuss the issue of marriage or living common law with him, child or children or no children, whether or not he would ask you to sign a pre-nuptial agreement (because he appears most likely to have learned from his past experience, and would like to protect his financial wealth and "matrimonial home")

Oh dear Charlie, you are trying to test my legal skills with all these clauses, sub clauses and sub sub clauses. :smile:

Common law is not an option. My conservative parents are definitely not for such liberal practices. They have friends and relatives and certainly, I need to spare a thought for my folks. Maybe when I am in early forties, this idea is "more palatble" than now.

But Wunder's idea about letting him pay while I get my own property sounds a better idea. At least I can grow my own money, thru rental income (without him knowing), thus giving me an added layer of security. And with marriage (if it happens), at least by Singapore laws, if any unfortunate circumstance happens that leads to a split, I can still stake a claim on his assets, notwithstanding the fact that these assets aren't in my name.

The problem I have is more "mental". I am analysing all these with my brains and not my heart. It does worry me that I am losing track about who I am and whether my brain is far too overpowering over my heart. And whatsapping Sue does not help much either as she is far too objective in her assessment of men.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh dear Charlie, you are trying to test my legal skills with all these clauses, sub clauses and sub sub clauses. :smile:

Common law is not an option. My conservative parents are definitely not for such liberal practices. They have friends and relatives and certainly, I need to spare a thought for my folks. Maybe when I am in early forties, this idea is "more palatble" than now.

But Wunder's idea about letting him pay while I get my own property sounds a better idea. At least I can grow my own money, thru rental income (without him knowing), thus giving me an added layer of security. And with marriage (if it happens), at least by Singapore laws, if any unfortunate circumstance happens that leads to a split, I can still stake a claim on his assets, notwithstanding the fact that these assets aren't in my name.

The problem I have is more "mental". I am analysing all these with my brains and not my heart. It does worry me that I am losing track about who I am and whether my brain is far too overpowering over my heart. And whatsapping Sue does not help much either as she is far too objective in her assessment of men.

I being a conservative, does not believe in "common law" because it is for the ease of convenience of breaking up.
If I may suggest to you, please do not "devalue your worth", by moving in common law or stay much longer, if marriage is not in his plans,
notwithstanding that both of you are enjoying your intimacy.
I know nothing about Family Law and division of assets in Singapore, although it is probably the same as in Canada
(the assets may be in his name, but it may pose difficulties if that undesirable dissolution happens)