• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Home Hunting

rurouni

Alfrescian
Loyal
...Tanglin Park ....2 bedroom, slightly above a thousand sq feet. .... last few transacted price was around $1900/sq feet and the owner was looking at an offer in the range of around $2m.

This condo apartment is situated in a quiet neighbourhood. The main entrance is way inside Ridley Park Road.
tanglin park is a good venue. there's a condo complex on ridley park offering 2- to 4-bedroom homes. slightly dated as they are built in 1989, but property is freehold. amenities and facilities are great. it's also a good time to buy.

attachment.php
I suspect this is the precise block:
propertyguru.com.sg/listing/19232866
(Condominium For Sale - Tanglin Park (D10); S$ 1,980,000; S$ 1,916.75 psf (built-up); 1,033 sqft / 96 sqm (built-up); 2 Beds 2 Baths; 5C Ridley Park, 248479)
about a ten-minute (maybe even slightly less) drive from where I live. :o

Before reaching the condo's entrance, we passed a huge repugnant looking bungalow with a couple of high end cars. Well, suum cuique, that’s all I can say.
I suspect that's 2 Ridley Park:
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?140342-Who-is-this-rich-Sinkie-who-lives-in-2-Ridley-Park

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I prefer to live in a treehouse or better still a series of linked treehouses - one for reading and entertainment (books, hifi, tv, sofa, etc), one for trading (spartan with only necessary equipment - me versus the world), one for sleeping ........... all linked by bridges ...........

[video=youtube;FXdj58DpY5M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXdj58DpY5M[/video]

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I prefer to live in a treehouse or better still a series of linked treehouses - one for reading and entertainment (books, hifi, tv, sofa, etc), one for trading (spartan with only necessary equipment - me versus the world), one for sleeping ........... all linked by bridges ...........

[video=youtube;FXdj58DpY5M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXdj58DpY5M[/video]

Yup, I agree. Alternatively, a motor-home.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
A home is a place where there is warmth.
You guys becoming DINKs or planning for children?

Hello Zhi. I have been noticing you lately, penning some one-liners in my pieces. Thanks. :smile:

Most likely, DINKS. I have not accepted the motherhood thingy (yet) in my biological clock.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
should be "house hunting" not "home hunting"

I find most Singaporeans tend to use the term "reach" and "reaching"
rather than arrive and arriving.

Hi Charlie :smile: It's nice to see you "communicating" with me again. I had seen you around a couple of times when I am in here. But I had assumed that you were probably "not willing" to communicate with me. I guess I was assuming. It's great to have you giving me your views and I really cherish them, honest :smile:

You are right that the correct phrase is "house hunting". I use "home hunting" in the Singapore context as I couldn't put myself to call a flat or apartment ~ a house.

To me, a house is a landed property. Surely, where you are now, there are plenty of houses, but not here for most of us here ~ in terms of affordability and choices.

Ooops, not being defensive :o, just sharing my reason why I used the term "home hunting".

Have a great day Charlie. :smile:

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pfftt.. IKEA? you kidding me? Oh, I can get 30% off for IKEA. know someone that works there.

Hello Ash! It's being a while I see you. How are you Down Under. I remember you as you were advising me previously when I first started as an active contributor here. :smile:

I do like IKEA stuff as the designs are chic.

Great day to you :smile:

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
good evening sister. tanglin park is a good venue. there's a condo complex on ridley park offering 2- to 4-bedroom homes. slightly dated as they are built in 1989, but property is freehold. amenities and facilities are great. it's also a good time to buy.

View attachment 25854

if your swine is taking care of all payments and closing the deal, there's a high chance of him putting only his name on the deed. if he has done the same on his current home, he will most likely do the same here. you can find that out (on his history of property purchases) without raising the thorny issue of coming off as a prying prospector of having joint-names on the deed or a "covetous china woman." if that has been his modus operandi, it will point to convenience or ease of mobility for him - tried and true method of not getting unnecessarily embroiled in a messy divorce involving assets and liability. if he's totally transparent and open to you, it's a question best answered early.

Hello hello hello my elder brother. I was in the meeting whole day and was wondering what you will say after I drop off my post this morning. I have to confess I am "addicted' to you. :smile: Please don't be mistaken, a brotherly sisterly sort :smile:

Yep, I am beginning to think like you about his modus operandi. :( No sound at all from him. Not even a WhatsApp. I didn't wanna message him as I have my pride.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
good to be neighbour with PM Lee and family at rochalie.:biggrin: you can be sure there is tight security around that area. enjoy your stay.:biggrin:

Hi Kraft, always remember you as each time I see your name, it reminds me of Kraft Cheese :smile:

I did a Google Mappy on the location. Indeed you are right. I think it is across Tanglin Road.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am now caught in sort of a dilemma. If I ask him later about joint ownership, it does make me look like some covetous China woman after his assets and keeping close tab on him. If I don't, I would probably be flexed out, if things doesn't work out between us in future. What a bloody mess! It's affecting my mood a little and those period "pangs" in my tummy aren’t helping either. I guess I only have to wait and see what's next in this home hunting episode....

Put it this way: If the swine wanted prostitutes, he had to pay. No free sex. If he wanted a wife or long term live-in lover, he had to pay by way of providing you with financial security and a roof over your head. No free sex as well.

If he didn't plan for joint ownership, the writing is on the wall. You are just a piece of rag to be thrown away when used and old.

Local sinkies are often too timid to demand, unlike those mie mie from China. They would ask for joint bank account, joint house ownership and all other things under the man's name including his cock and balls.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
TS, location's good, along Tanglin main across atas neighbourhood ie Chatsworth, Jervois. Short cut to Dempsey (without going via Holland rd), and <1km to Orchard rd start :p Quite an embassy row, with nearby Brunei's, China and British High Comm.

Psst, there's a nice charming italian restaurant Spruce, in nearby Phoenix Park

http://www.spruce.com.sg/phoenix-park/#welcome

On thorny question of joint namesake, tend to agree history's likely to repeat itself. Despite consolation of throwing out the old and in with new. Or perhaps he may surprise you

Hello Yin! :smile: Nice to see you again.

I think it is only convenient if one drives. I am mainly a public transport user. :( When I peep at the bus stop for numbers yesterday, I thought I saw only 2 bus services. And the nearest MRT is probably Orchard on the NS line or Redhill on the EW line.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your man is very likely to buy the property under his name. And it makes sense if you think of property as an investment. This frees you so that you can buy another property under your name and not be affected by the ABSD for second property.

Hello Wunder :smile: I think you have a point. But I sort of wanna be ~ What is his is mine and what is mine is also mine as well. :smile:

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspect this is the precise block:
(Condominium For Sale - Tanglin Park (D10); S$ 1,980,000; S$ 1,916.75 psf (built-up); 1,033 sqft / 96 sqm (built-up); 2 Beds 2 Baths; 5C Ridley Park, 248479)
about a ten-minute (maybe even slightly less) drive from where I live. :o

I suspect that's 2 Ridley Park:
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?140342-Who-is-this-rich-Sinkie-who-lives-in-2-Ridley-Park[/URL]

Gosh! :confused:

Are you stalking me?

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Put it this way: If the swine wanted prostitutes, he had to pay. No free sex. If he wanted a wife or long term live-in lover, he had to pay by way of providing you with financial security and a roof over your head. No free sex as well.

If he didn't plan for joint ownership, the writing is on the wall. You are just a piece of rag to be thrown away when used and old.

Local sinkies are often too timid to demand, unlike those mie mie from China. They would ask for joint bank account, joint house ownership and all other things under the man's name including his cock and balls.

Hi Big :smile: Though you are highly blunt, I guess you are right to a certain degree about what you just said. I am working on this. I cannot be as blunt as those covetous China ladies ~ like what I read in the media.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Superb post! Must be a veteran in the playing field. How's biz at your hotel - hotel boss ?