• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HK Actress Joey Wong Addresses Rumours About Coming Out Of Retirement

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
HK Actress Joey Wong Addresses Rumours About Coming Out Of Retirement
hype.my
Sources: Facebook/王祖賢joey wong/Weibo/事實喵貓
It has been 19 years since Hong Kong based Taiwanese actress Joey Wong Cho-Yee AKA Joey Wang (王袓贤) left the entertainment scene. However, Joey is still fondly remembered by fans, for her beauty, her performance, and her works. After all, she was once known as one of the “Four Flowers” of Hong Kong cinema.

Curiously enough, fans have actually still been holding out for her to return from retirement! It isn’t too far-fetched, Joey has come out of semi-retirement previously to return to the screen. However, Joey herself has since shut down said hopes. It certainly helps that she’s financially stable enough and can do without the work!

Source: Facebook/王祖賢joey wong
Born in 1967, the now 55-year-old, took the world by storm when she first appeared in the 1984 film “Lake Spirit (今年湖畔會很冷)”. Joey’s performance at the time had caught the eye of a Shaw Brothers’ producer. Joey then went on to act in many others films, such as “A Chinese Ghost Story (倩女幽魂)”, “The Diary of a Big Man (大丈夫日記)” and “God of Gamblers (賭神)”.

But, in 2004, Joey revealed some shocking news. Shortly after her film, “Shanghai Story (美麗上海)” was released, Joey announced that she would be retiring. The actress later moved to Canada where she settled to live out the rest of her life. Despite that, fans have been hoping Joey would someday return. Unfortunately, she crushed those hopes herself. “I really enjoy (my) days of retirement,” she reportedly stated.

Source: Weibo/事實喵貓

In fact, Joey has allegedly not worked since her retirement in 2004. But Chinese media claims that Joey can actually afford to do so. Previously, Joey has filmed more than 60 movies during the peak of her career. As such, Joey is supposedly financially sound.
Additionally, there have been claims that Joey has as much as US$1 billion (~RM4.4 billion) with several real estate properties under her name.

When interviewed after her retirement, the venerated actress allegedly told the press, “The money I have now is more than I can spend in my (entire) life.
Source: Facebook/王祖賢joey wong

Well, it’s certainly regretful that Joey will never appear on screen again. However, some feel her retirement at the peak of career may have been the best choice. After all, Joey has ensured she will be remembered as she was, thanks to her past works which are still around for fans, both old and new, to enjoy.
Source: China Press
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook or Telegram for more updates and breaking news.
Tags: A Chinese Ghost Story (倩女幽魂)Actress Joey WongGod of Gamblers (賭神)Hong Kong ActressHong Kong Actress Joey WongJoey WangJoey Wong CanadaJoey Wong Cho-YeeJoey Wong financial statusJoey Wong on coming out of retirementJoey Wong retirementJoey Wong richShanghai Story (美麗上海)The Diary of a Big Man (大丈夫日記)王袓贤

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whatever happened to leaving beautiful memories? U sure u wanna see something like this happen again ?

She took her McDonald role too far and brought it to actual reality !
1673273350689.jpeg

1673273255334.jpeg

ilovechinesegal

Alfrescian
Loyal
She quit at 1997 during her prime which is dumb. Then never go find suitable guy marry and go be mistress. Come back again like around 2000s, then she already old gal. Wasted.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't find her that gorgeous. If she's a KTV gal, I wouldn't ask her to sit with me. Not my type.