• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

History of sam's alfresco forum -- delphi to vbulletin

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lamei and I were just chatting for fun. The contents of our chats harmed neither of us nor anybody else. The F4 part, I have nothing to do with it.

When there's arson, you look for the one who light the match, don't you? What has it got to do with the poor little match vendor?

You are a match vendor? More like a nightsoil carrier from Lim Chu Kang. Surprised to learn you are a resident of Jalan Besar.

jw5

Loyal
Thanks sam. Didn't know you were so famous.

Do you sometimes feel tempted to reveal your real identity? Being the egoistical person that you are, it must be eating you up.
If he reveals his real identity, 99% of the forummers here will probably say "Huh? Who?"
The other 1 % may say "Hey! He's my primary / secondary school / platoon mate!"
In any case, his real identity is probably Sam Leong.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Notice Ng Ejay ( F-4E Phantom II - Knight (KaiXin1)) one of the main figure of the old SBF and SB sex forum was not mention here?:wink::biggrin:

Actually tonight i wanted to do THINKALL, but since you mentioned Ng ejay, here goes:

Forum Enigma number 2: Ng ejay

This is a tough one for me as that moniker was on my ignore list ... like more than half the time.

That guy had more detractors than almost anyone else, with the exception of perhaps leetahbar, Robox, and QXP.

He was flamed, and also he flamed others with a vengeance. Most notable flame war was with Bob Sim aka leetahsar aka leetahbar.

Many forummers were switched off after a while as most of the postings became very tedious and repetitious. I believe people like Scroobal asked him to knock it off.

If I had one phrase to describe that man, it would be "started with a BANG, but exited with a WHIMPER".

He came into the forum with his real identity and even with real photo in his avatar. Full of bravado and hot air, he started a very aggressive anti WP flame war with nicks like GoldenPeriod.

Later on, he created a blog, sgpolitics.com to rival TOC and Wayang Party.

Alas, sgpolitics.com never became a famous blog. Its traffic remained mediocre, and he remained the least read and least credible of the political forummers compared to Alex Au, Andrew Loh/Zheng Xi and Lucky Tan.

Ng Ejay styled himself as a political activist, but alas, his detractors advised him to stay out of politics for his own good, and for the good of the opposition.

He had one very famous clone called "Michelle Quek". The moderators Leongsam and Scroobal knew it was him because the writing style was the same.

In one quarrel with Scroobal, Scroobal exposed Michelle Quek as Ng Ejay and rebutted him forcefully.

Thereafter, both Ng Ejay and his sister Michelle Quek disappeared from the forum, never to be seen or heard of again.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not many people realise that Sam created an unsual forum where there was no censorship and people began to say their piece. If one wanted an honest opinion, they got it here. It was not just politics, many benefited from his mantra of starting a business and seeking new pastures in for their kids and their families. People found guidance, sponsor and support from his site. Our resident forum doctor finally reached Canada with his family and has been helped by 2 other forummers from here. This is not an isolate story. Many leads were done by PMs and I know that as I received many.

Many Singaporeans got to know the innards of this country from this site. It surely must have made an impact for Eric Ellis and SPH to credit him on scoops.

We also got valuable help on many issues from outstanding forummers especially in the early years.

It was only after GE2006 that situation deteriorated and not because it was jaded but because of the posting of senseless images of blood, gore and excrement and the F4 has to take credit for it especially Bob Sim, EJay and Tilik. The Emigration folder was exempted but that then fell over when a bored retiree who moved to Florida and became bored and singlehandedly killed the folder.

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros, let bygones by bygones. For myself, I've forgiven Lamei and gang who serially banned my nick and the rest during those upheaval days. Right now, let's focus on spreading alternative news about PAP online. News that the mainstream media refuses to report or is deliberately skewed to make PAP looks good.

Election is coming, bros...

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bros, let bygones by bygones. For myself, I've forgiven Lamei and gang who serially banned my nick and the rest during those upheaval days. Right now, let's focus on spreading alternative news about PAP online. News that the mainstream media refuses to report or is deliberately skewed to make PAP looks good.

No shit sherlock thanks for the hot tip.

Sunday comes after saturday and did you know that the sun rises up and the night becomes day at 7am?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
We were here fighting the PAP from Day 1, long before you contributed to the banning scenario. As a rule none of the vets here put pictures of our adversaries or reveal identities. We also can't be bothered if someone screws a flagpole or the neighbour's dog within or out of wedlock. We also don't go visit their workplace.

You must be thinking that before you came, we were picking our nose and waiting for a messiah like you to teach us how to suck eggs.

The comments that I posted relates to how the site came down because of certain people and the actions.

Somehow you have the impression that establishment replying to your letter is a major coup in the march to freedom. Robert Ho also writes to the establishment regularly. The site that you moderate has done more damage to the cause than any other site that I know of as 90% of the stuff relate to racism, slamming opposition and troll wars. People who visit it for the first time walk away with negative impression. Why don't you clear the mess first before offering your advice. This site is no angel but I am sure you can see the difference.

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
We were here fighting the PAP from Day 1, long before you contributed to the banning scenario. As a rule none of the vets here put pictures of our adversaries or reveal identities. We also can't be bothered if someone screws a flagpole or the neighbour's dog within or out of wedlock. We also don't go visit their workplace.

You must be thinking that before you came, we were picking our nose and waiting for a messiah like you to teach us how to suck eggs.

The comments that I posted relates to how the site came down because of certain people and the actions.

Somehow you have the impression that establishment replying to your letter is a major coup in the march to freedom. Robert Ho also writes to the establishment regularly. The site that you moderate has done more damage to the cause than any other site that I know of as 90% of the stuff relate to racism, slamming opposition and troll wars. People who visit it for the first time walk away with negative impression. Why don't you clear the mess first before offering your advice. This site is no angel but I am sure you can see the difference.

First of all, my purpose of writing that statement is not to teach you or anyone here to suck eggs. Neither do I want to seek any commendations from anyone. I'm a faceless nobody and I prefer to keep it that way.

I wrote because I see that you guys are pretty negative about those F4 fellas. As much as I don't like some of things they did in the old SBF, I would still respect them for willing to join the oppositions and run against the PAP regime. Already, we do not even have enough oppo candidates for all 84 wards to go against PAP and so any people willing to come forward and join oppo certainly deserves commendations. Pls, do cut them some slacks...

As for writing to PAP ministers, anyone here can write to them too. You don't have to be a Robert Ho or Kojakbt to do that. I invite you all to write to them also cause the more people write, the more they would know that people are really angry with their ill-conceived policies. They have been completely out of touch with the ground.

I always see 3in1 as an offshoot of the old SBF and I do enjoy the good old days. Finally, scroobal, I've always been here online since the soc.culture.singapore days....

- Kojakbt -

p.s. Yes, racist postings do appear on 3in1. There are folders created for such postings to go to. Once in awhile, I have to do spring cleaning to clear up the main folder. However, no postings are deleted unless they are repetative spams.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't avoid the issue. Did your parents tell you to post pictures of people who did not want to be identified and were using nicks. Did your parents ask you to visit workplace of people who have marital issues and write a sterling expose about people's domestic issues.

Please don't write long stories about opposition while conveniently skipping the issue at hand. These were the idiotic things that helped kill the site. Nothing to do with opposition politics.

First of all, my purpose of writing that statement is not to teach you or anyone here to suck eggs. Neither do I want to seek any commendations from anyone. I'm a faceless nobody and I prefer to keep it that way.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I wrote because I see that you guys are pretty negative about those F4 fellas. As much as I don't like some of things they did in the old SBF, I would still respect them for willing to join the oppositions and run against the PAP regime. Already, we do not even have enough oppo candidates for all 84 wards to go against PAP and so any people willing to come forward and join oppo certainly deserves commendations. Pls, do cut them some slacks...

As for writing to PAP ministers, anyone here can write to them too. You don't have to be a Robert Ho or Kojakbt to do that. I invite you all to write to them also cause the more people write, the more they would know that people are really angry with their ill-conceived policies. They have been completely out of touch with the ground.

I always see 3in1 as an offshoot of the old SBF and I do enjoy the good old days. Finally, scroobal, I've always been here online since the soc.culture.singapore days....

- Kojakbt -

p.s. Yes, racist postings do appear on 3in1. There are folders created for such postings to go to. Once in awhile, I have to do spring cleaning to clear up the main folder. However, no postings are deleted unless they are repetative spams.

You don't really see the point. Screwball just means to say hey your advice is unwarranted. This is a thread to look back and discuss about the old days and the old forummers and what transpired that led to the situation today. It's just reminiscing for old times' sake. That's it. There's no need to bring in PAP and all of that into every single thread. Yes of course we all know about PAP and blah blah blah. This anti-pap talk has been ongoing ever since sammyboy opened last century.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sherlock thinks that he is the only one fighting effectively against the PAP. The rest of us pottering around the garden with no clue. He probably thinks that he is in 3in1 and staging rearguard action valiantly.

You don't really see the point. Screwball just means to say hey your advice is unwarranted. This is a thread to look back and discuss about the old days and the old forummers and what transpired that led to the situation today. It's just reminiscing for old times' sake. That's it. There's no need to bring in PAP and all of that into every single thread. Yes of course we all know about PAP and blah blah blah. This anti-pap talk has been ongoing ever since sammyboy opened last century.

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't avoid the issue. Did your parents tell you to post pictures of people who did not want to be identified and were using nicks. Did your parents ask you to visit workplace of people who have marital issues and write a sterling expose about people's domestic issues.

Please don't write long stories about opposition while conveniently skipping the issue at hand. These were the idiotic things that helped kill the site. Nothing to do with opposition politics.

I do not wish to dig up any old dirt on oppo. Yes, I admit that taking pics of people's workplace is uncalled for. I was pretty pissed with the repetitive banning and all at that time and wanted to find ways to stop it. Still, it's uncalled for and I do feel bad about it thinking back.

Now, if I'm willing to apologize for it and let bygones be bygones, can you, as a mod of SBF stop digging up the past to incriminate our oppo candidates further? Nobody is a saint. But at least, give them a fighting chance against PAP...

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sherlock thinks that he is the only one fighting effectively against the PAP. The rest of us pottering around the garden with no clue. He probably thinks that he is in 3in1 and staging rearguard action valiantly.

Since when did I say that or think that? If I think that 3in1 is the only effective alternative site fighting PAP, why would I even want to come here to post too?

Scroobal, I've always respected your writings. I think you should have a bigger heart than to think this way...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your sins are your sins. Please don't drag us into it. You screwed their lives and you live with it. Nothing to do with us. If you want to make peace with them and atone for your sins, do it like a man, and don't paint the heroic picture of fighting their battles for them by dragging us into it.

They brought down the site and let them fight their own battles.

When you first came to SBF, I had to tell you that your mother tongue was not Mandarin. I am raising this because you have no clue after all these years that there is a code and I am not talking about protocol and you still can't read it.

I do not wish to dig up any old dirt on oppo. Yes, I admit that taking pics of people's workplace is uncalled for. I was pretty pissed with the repetitive banning and all at that time and wanted to find ways to stop it. Still, it's uncalled for and I do feel bad about it thinking back.

Now, if I'm willing to apologize for it and let bygones be bygones, can you, as a mod of SBF stop digging up the past to incriminate our oppo candidates further? Nobody is a saint. But at least, give them a fighting chance against PAP...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't pretend to be obtuse. We are not talking about the PAP. We are talking about your sins and why you dragging us into it. Stick to the topic. Don't cover your self with glory and talk about the fighting the PAP.

You made a mistake and presumably you want to atone for it. Just tell them that. There is no need to jump on your horse and fight their battles for them as though you are their saviour and knight in shining armour. They can fight their own battles. And I am not talking about fighting the PAP.

Since you like writing letters, why don't you sit down and write a letter of apology to them. You might as well write an apology to us as well for your part in bringing down the site. Unless you think you did know no wrong like Sear Hock Rong . What is good for goose must surely be good for the gander.

Once done, you don't have to jump on your horse again if something negative appears about them. It will greatly spare us the theatrics and the drama. And best of all, the invaluable and sanctimonious advice on how to fight the PAP.

This is exactly my point. Their fight against PAP is also our battles... forgive and forget about the past...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You need to read properly what he wrote. He did no such thing. It like a clown who committed adultery and broke up a family and now spends his waking hours running around the HDB estate preaching others not to commit adultery.

He has realised his mistake of committing adultery but still insist on running around the neighbourhood advising people not to commit adultery.

All I did was write a summary of what occurred in SBF and he is giving me a sermon on cutting slack on a minor item. I don't see him doing the same when I commented about James Gomez. Thats because he did no wrong to James Gomez and therefore does not feel guilty.

Once he invited me to visit 3-in-1 and I nearly fell over. Anyone reading it would come to the conclusion it is a racist site. He needs to clean his house first before lecturing others. Politics is a minor.

Scroobal, chill man. kojakbt has admitted and apologised.