• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

High Tension Cable... Ugly View..

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
When it comes to property, the only thing that matters is buy low sell high. I know of people who bought unit with number like 74, face afternoon sun, near high tension cable, near perimeter fence.... but he bought at right timing and sold his house with more than a million profit after tax. Everything else is theory. You can check all your boxes one to twenty but dont forget this is still JB. If MY govt implement Aussie rule says you can only sell to Malaysians then you lose the entire foreign market.

So those of you who enter the market now... the guy who bought his house near high tension cable 2 years ago are in a much better position than you. My advice to you is to stay at the sideline and talk about the cables at least you wont be hurt.

Also I find it extremely ignorant to say things like "why dint they build it underground". You need to shake off that "why dint they do it the PAP way" attitude... otherwise people will laugh at you once you leave your shores.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I try to avoid houses at extreme perimeter too, because (1) it may be noisy, being close to roads and (2) more vulnerable to break-ins since it's so near the perimeter fencing.

However I realise houses near extreme perimeter also has their advantages, compared to those right in the centre. Their views are much better and unblocked, esp. on the 2nd floor of a double storey unit. So there's pros and cons but it really depends on whether you are particular about view. I know some singaporeans super particular...

I find it very claustrophobic to be in the middle. You see your neighbours 360 degree. I prefer to be near the edge but not too near.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find it very claustrophobic to be in the middle. You see your neighbours 360 degree. I prefer to be near the edge but not too near.

That's my preference too, near the edge but not too near. I realise corner terraces have some advantages too besides the land plot. You get better lighting & unblocked views. Feels a bit like living in semi-d but at much more friendly prices. New semi-d in gd areas now easily cost in excess of RM 1.3m......

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's my preference too, near the edge but not too near. I realise corner terraces have some advantages too besides the land plot. You get better lighting & unblocked views. Feels a bit like living in semi-d but at much more friendly prices. New semi-d in gd areas now easily cost in excess of RM 1.3m......

for your development is ok as what is outside the precinct already known. for eg next to molek haven outside already is another residential , and a side road. but for those development where the land outside is empty.. i would be a bit more cautious. especially if outside is state land. dunno what will come there in future. shops? sewage tank? empty for decades (imagine your view is weeds and "hutan belukar" or some squatter huts.. for the next 20 years.)

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Also I find it extremely ignorant to say things like "why dint they build it underground". You need to shake off that "why dint they do it the PAP way" attitude... otherwise people will laugh at you once you leave your shores.
totally agree wif u ... wen me read sum comments n queries here, me oso shake head ... :o

u wanna live in another cuntry, u integr8 urself in2 their enviromen ... dun xpek their gahmen 2 be like sinkie gahmen: tel locals 2 help 4eigners integrate ... :rolleyes:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
for your development is ok as what is outside the precinct already known. for eg next to molek haven outside already is another residential , and a side road. but for those development where the land outside is empty.. i would be a bit more cautious. especially if outside is state land. dunno what will come there in future. shops? sewage tank? empty for decades (imagine your view is weeds and "hutan belukar" or some squatter huts.. for the next 20 years.)

True true, there are too many unknowns and so-called plans have been known to change quickly too. Shops would be great but sewage tanks, HTC or religious building may make the house harder to sell. Lucky both houses I bought are somewhat in the middle of the precinct. Both houses' exact locations are selected by my in-law though, so I cant really take credit. Haha

If it's SG, empty land plots is gd, especially if your condo/flat is near MRT. It means potential new condo launch (or better still, mixed development) & thus, higher prices for your existing condo/flat. Not so obvious in MY....

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
totally agree wif u ... wen me read sum comments n queries here, me oso shake head ... :o

u wanna live in another cuntry, u integr8 urself in2 their enviromen ... dun xpek their gahmen 2 be like sinkie gahmen: tel locals 2 help 4eigners integrate ... :rolleyes:

LOL. "tao null se chao" titter.gif

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it's SG, empty land plots is gd, especially if your condo/flat is near MRT. It means potential new condo launch (or better still, mixed development) & thus, higher prices for your existing condo/flat. Not so obvious in MY....

ppl paying high price for unblocked view with an empty land infront, but ended kena tio block by next condo built. worth? :rolleyes: