• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

High Tension Cable... Ugly View..

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya, imagine you wake up one morning and see this.

ya all those you mentioned, malaysian (chinese) don't like. the thing about talking to singaporeans re: property, generally we don't talk about 'house', more often is condo. but with my malaysian friends, family relative, etc, it's mostly talking about'house'. so those pics u show i can tell you that malaysians do mention them quite often (as in .. 'pantang').

the straight pathway (1st pic on left), does that include house on a t- junction road? that is very pantang also. but having said that, sometimes no choice ... but HTC really ugly. lamppost i may not mind so much cos for me i don't believe too much in geomancy. but lamppost directly facing my front door also i think not nice. btw someone earlier posted Desa PC in kepong got HTC.. not in the centre of the town. maybe at the edges / perimeter. i know there are some visible from the LDP when passing near the toll booth / penchala link, and the other side kepong, menjalara side. But in the centre of DPC, can't see. or at least, not so near to be obtrusive.

i don't know whether you all practice but i tend to think it's wiser to buy a house away from the perimeter of any taman or development, the more centre, the better. of cos this all my opinion only hor and just general sharing.... not wanna be accused of 'shot down' others property...

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
i don't know whether you all practice but i tend to think it's wiser to buy a house away from the perimeter of any taman or development, the more centre, the better. of cos this all my opinion only hor and just general sharing.... not wanna be accused of 'shot down' others property...

scholar, li gong si mi again? wat perimeter, wat centre..? can draw pic :biggrin:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
scholar, li gong si mi again? wat perimeter, wat centre..? can draw pic :biggrin:

my opinion is don't buy house near the fence , buy more to center of each precinct better. i just ask whether anyone got this opinion as mine or not htat's all. no scholar la.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree that HDB flats are really ugly.

And yes point blocks are better.

I hate those where my living room faces your s and my bed room faces yours

QUOTE=LeMans2011;1637631]I find HDB flats one of the ugliest structure on earth, especially those that stretches across the whole street. Point blocks are more tolerable.
Moving across the straits for bigger space, i think one has to adapt to the peculiarity in that country and this includes high tension cable. They really could have planned better but i won't lose sleep over the sight of the cables, as long as i am not underneath the cables.

For those familiar with Desa Parkcity and some other parts in KL which experienced property boom, you would know that the cable does not stop you from making money. That was the answer i got from a KL friend who chose to buy a unit in Ophira since no unit available in EL.[/QUOTE]

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did anyone here notices the recent erection of those High Tension Cables along Nusajaya? Can anyone advise where can I see the routing plan online?

Its all over the places. . Kinda of ugly view..

Those who bought malaysia ppty should understand, its how they work over there.

Nothing is planned for the long term.

They build, sell to you and provide the cheapest and quickest infrastructure to support it. Whatever happens after 5-10 yrs is no longer their problem.

I can tell you after the initial hype, all the power lines, roads, drainage , sewage systems etc.. will be left to rot.

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find HDB flats one of the ugliest structure on earth, especially those that stretches across the whole street. Point blocks are more tolerable.
Moving across the straits for bigger space, i think one has to adapt to the peculiarity in that country and this includes high tension cable. They really could have planned better but i won't lose sleep over the sight of the cables, as long as i am not underneath the cables.

For those familiar with Desa Parkcity and some other parts in KL which experienced property boom, you would know that the cable does not stop you from making money. That was the answer i got from a KL friend who chose to buy a unit in Ophira since no unit available in EL.

hdb flats are not built for their aesthetic appeal.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree that HDB flats are really ugly.

And yes point blocks are better.

I hate those where my living room faces your s and my bed room faces yours

QUOTE=LeMans2011;1637631]I find HDB flats one of the ugliest structure on earth, especially those that stretches across the whole street. Point blocks are more tolerable.

For those familiar with Desa Parkcity and some other parts in KL which experienced property boom, you would know that the cable does not stop you from making money. That was the answer i got from a KL friend who chose to buy a unit in Ophira since no unit available in EL.
[/QUOTE]

my hdb view unblocked one.., better than condo. (limited edition, gd fengshui hse, $ can't buy, no sell no sell). titter.gif

anyway, hdb is just a flat but well maintained. :smile:

Last edited:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who bought malaysia ppty should understand, its how they work over there.

Nothing is planned for the long term.

They build, sell to you and provide the cheapest and quickest infrastructure to support it. Whatever happens after 5-10 yrs is no longer their problem.

I can tell you after the initial hype, all the power lines, roads, drainage , sewage systems etc.. bI have toe left to rot.

I have to agree with you.. I was shocked to see the high tension cables in such a new area.. surely the govt should have been able to plan for the estimated power usage. It's shocking to see them building the pylons as this is an indicator that they have grossly underestimated the infrastructure needs. This is gonna be ugly especially in Medini since it's meant to be a shining beacon of economic progress..

What else could they have missed out...

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have to agree with you.. I was shocked to see the high tension cables in such a new area.. surely the govt should have been able to plan for the estimated power usage. It's shocking to see them building the pylons as this is an indicator that they have grossly underestimated the infrastructure needs. This is gonna be ugly especially in Medini since it's meant to be a shining beacon of economic progress..

What else could they have missed out...

not sure what you mean.. the pylons are the planned infrastructure. they planned it.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
not sure what you mean.. the pylons are the planned infrastructure. they planned it.

It's planned? My goodness.. why couldn't they have put it underground? For a new development, it's very unsightly.

If the development is fully built up and they have to pump more power in then it's understandable but without a lot of developments I am not too sure why the govt couldn't have considered putting it underground.

The master plan models should probably have included these pylons..

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's planned? My goodness.. why couldn't they have put it underground? For a new development, it's very unsightly.

If the development is fully built up and they have to pump more power in then it's understandable but without a lot of developments I am not too sure why the govt couldn't have considered putting it underground.

Welcome to Malaysia! :wink:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Underground will mean cutting through other people's land. I think it is more challenging and costly to be underground, but aesthetic wise it is better.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Underground will mean cutting through other people's land. I think it is more challenging and costly to be underground, but aesthetic wise it is better.
water pipes r underground ...

beware of burst pipes ... u may get ponding! ... :eek:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
my opinion is don't buy house near the fence , buy more to center of each precinct better. i just ask whether anyone got this opinion as mine or not htat's all. no scholar la.

I try to avoid houses at extreme perimeter too, because (1) it may be noisy, being close to roads and (2) more vulnerable to break-ins since it's so near the perimeter fencing.

However I realise houses near extreme perimeter also has their advantages, compared to those right in the centre. Their views are much better and unblocked, esp. on the 2nd floor of a double storey unit. So there's pros and cons but it really depends on whether you are particular about view. I know some singaporeans super particular...

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

welcome to malaysia. it's pylon country.everywhere you see pylon. the reason is that it's cheaper than underground.

thats why when i consult my mom (because she's wiser :smile:) about property, a few questions always pop up
1) where the high tension cable
2) where the rubbish / refuse room (if condo) / where the lift
3) facing west (hot , no good)
4) facing highway? or flyover?
5) got big longkang or sewage pond /tank nearby? (smelly, no good)
6) what kind of people staying there / hanging around / at night?

and yes. there are sewage ponds around (ever seen one? holy cow. guarantee you can't sell the house), esp older developments. new ones, seem to see less of them. actually, come to think of it, i haven't seen many these days. guess m'sia realized to clear them or contain them. that's progress!

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
6) what kind of people staying there / hanging around / at night ...
7) got any tenaga station nearby? ...
8) haus no got digit 4 anot? ... 13 unlucky no, 14 sure die ...

4 ur no 6, once ur naybor rent out their haus, tings can change drastically ... u can get banglas, indons, pakistanis, africans, persians n watnots ... dey f**k care about ze place ... pakistanis bestest! u dunno how many ppl staying in their haus ... dey cover up their main gate n u dunno wat dey do inside their haus ... make bomb inside u oso dunno!. ... :eek:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
7) got any tenaga station nearby? ...
8) haus no got digit 4 anot? ... 13 unlucky no, 14 sure die ...

4 ur no 6, once ur naybor rent out their haus, tings can change drastically ... u can get banglas, indons, pakistanis, africans, persians n watnots ... dey f**k care about ze place ... pakistanis bestest! u dunno how many ppl staying in their haus ... dey cover up their main gate n u dunno wat dey do inside their haus ... make bomb inside u oso dunno!. ... :eek:

of cos la. the point is to check off the most no of positives as you can. i stated already b4, i think there is no perfect property.
as for the house no, folks and i don't care too much, somehow. some ppl very sensitive to those. but buying off plan, won't know the numbers till later.

Last edited: