• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Heavily Partitioned Condo for Rent - Legal? Humane? Insatiable Greed!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wokay!
That is so wery spacious na!
When we can move in?

indian_family_22_oct_2003.JPG

windows8

Alfrescian
Loyal
I doubt this is an isolated case, plenty of other such partitioned rooms in other condos for rent out there. Some even offered for short stays like hotels on AirBNB.

Reminds me of a case in 2009, unknowing tenants were forced to evict by the authorities.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=7670

Pity the bonafide residents who purchased to stay, pay so much and have to share the condo facilities, no different from public facilities.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

And who are the dafties who say that my kingdom cannot import another 6.9M FPets? *hee*hee*

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, government rule is subletting maximum 9 pax. But for private property, not really enforceable. 2nd landlord is especially common in Geylang condos and apartment. It's like the first step toward entrepreneurship for the PRCs.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, lets just say, if they were all ah neh, they would have killed each other using their smell alone.

I always feel that threads like these only serve to prove that many shit-stirrers always rely on the government to control our lives. Frankly, what some one else does with his own property is none of anybody's else concern. Everything to these morons are illegal except what the government explicitly says so. This is nonsense thinking from idiots.

Some people have not much money and these small rooms for rent could be a god-send................if it is not humane, then they would not stay in it. Simple as that.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always feel that threads like these only serve to prove that many shit-stirrers always rely on the government to control our lives. Frankly, what some one else does with his own property is none of anybody's else concern. Everything to these morons are illegal except what the government explicitly says so. This is nonsense thinking from idiots.

Some people have not much money and these small rooms for rent could be a god-send................if it is not humane, then they would not stay in it. Simple as that.

there's also the issue of fairness in enforcing the checks. some may want to do it but no balls, some have bigger balls and do it regardless.

the point is fairness rather than size of balls.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is to showcase the crowdedness in sinkieland caused by pap's greed.
And also how fellow legit condo owners have to put up with FT shit.
Last but not least shows the direction sinkieland is going under pap....
HK's caged community instead is Swiss standard of living...

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just speaking out from personal experience. Met a few 2nd landlord before. I can tell you it ain't pretty. One fella intended to squeeze 25-30 ppl in a 3 br apartment. At $200 or so for a small place to sleep, lots of takers, humane, I really doubt so. Not saying that I agree with the government stupid max 9 pax for even a bungalow, but some 2nd landlord really pushing their luck. Recently there was a pic of PRC washing up in the balcony. I can tell you, chances are the hall also partitioned into small rooms.

As i said, till now govt not really doing anything. Ura push to bca, bca throw to spf, spf say not their problem, something like that.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there's also the issue of fairness in enforcing the checks. some may want to do it but no balls, some have bigger balls and do it regardless.

the point is fairness rather than size of balls.

That's why many think they can complain and shit stir in forums and stomp because these shit stirrers are operating under communist mindset.............they think when there is no "U-turn" sign means cannot U-turn.

I've seen a car getting horned because a driver is making a U-turn on a road where there is no sign saying "U-turn".

These shit stirrers even need the government to tell them how, who, why and when to fuck............KNN.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is to showcase the crowdedness in sinkieland caused by pap's greed.
And also how fellow legit condo owners have to put up with FT shit.
Last but not least shows the direction sinkieland is going under pap....
HK's caged community instead is Swiss standard of living...

Nonsense...........we have a lot of unused land in Singapore..................many of them are State Land. Singapore is not crowded. The government made it seems like so, that's all.

You do not have to put up with FT shit because you do not live in a condo. If you happen to live in a condo with such FT shit, just too bad. There is no law to say a condo owner cannot let out his own property to others. You dun like FT shit as your neighbor, go buy a bungalow to stay in. Simple as that.

We're not caged. There is no such thing as Swiss standard of living. Goh Chok Tong was speaking through his arse then. He still is.
Why so? Because this is Singapore................not Switzerland. Deal with it.

Look, this is Switzerland............

switzerland-tourist-attractions.jpg

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why many think they can complain and shit stir in forums and stomp because these shit stirrers are operating under communist mindset.............they think when there is no "U-turn" sign means cannot U-turn.

I've seen a car getting horned because a driver is making a U-turn on a road where there is no sign saying "U-turn".

These shit stirrers even need the government to tell them how, who, why and when to fuck............KNN.
You should learn to understand issues before barking like a mad dog.

Overcrowded lodging is a health and safety problem. Disease spread faster and more easily in crowded lodging and cleanliness is compromised. Bed bugs, ticks and other parasites will thrive in such lodgings.

Fire safety is a major concern when too many people squeeze into a unit or building. The building code dictates the number of lifts and staircases for the building height and maximum number of human occupants. Even china is enforcing such building codes.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
agree. we need a visionary leader who can give us a Singapore Standard of living that will be the envy of other 1st world nations.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just speaking out from personal experience. Met a few 2nd landlord before. I can tell you it ain't pretty. One fella intended to squeeze 25-30 ppl in a 3 br apartment. At $200 or so for a small place to sleep, lots of takers, humane, I really doubt so. Not saying that I agree with the government stupid max 9 pax for even a bungalow, but some 2nd landlord really pushing their luck. Recently there was a pic of PRC washing up in the balcony. I can tell you, chances are the hall also partitioned into small rooms.

As i said, till now govt not really doing anything. Ura push to bca, bca throw to spf, spf say not their problem, something like that.

What you want the government to do? Make another law to restrict us further? There're already too many shit laws and too many licences to do this and that.

Please................we're not going to return to communist rule.............but you guys seem to like the government to meddle with everything we do or not do. Use your brain lah..................every time the government does something, PRICES GO UP. THAT'S WHAT THEY CARE ABOUT..........MAKING MONEY OUT OF SOLVING A PROBLEM OR CREATING A PROBLEM AND THEN MAKE MORE MONEY SOLVING IT.

KNN, you guys are feeding the government with FUCKING NONSENSICAL IDEAS TO PLUNDER THE COUNTRY MORE.

Makapaa should be banned from this forum for posting such shit stirring shit. It's none of his business what a property owner does to his own property.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You should learn to understand issues before barking like a mad dog.

Overcrowded lodging is a health and safety problem. Disease spread faster and more easily in crowded lodging and cleanliness is compromised. Bed bugs, ticks and other parasites will thrive in such lodgings.

Fire safety is a major concern when too many people squeeze into a unit or building. The building code dictates the number of lifts and staircases for the building height and maximum number of human occupants. Even china is enforcing such building codes.

Like I had said a few posts before...................DID ANYONE DIED, MET WITH AN ACCIDENT OR DID ANYONE LOSE HIS JOB BECAUSE THIS PROPERTY OWNER RENTED HIS PROPERTY OUT?

My neighbor has 45 people staying inside his 3-room flat.........they're all relatives and next-of-kin. You have a problem with it?

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I doubt this is an isolated case, plenty of other such partitioned rooms in other condos for rent out there. Some even offered for short stays like hotels on AirBNB.

Reminds me of a case in 2009, unknowing tenants were forced to evict by the authorities.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=7670

Pity the bonafide residents who purchased to stay, pay so much and have to share the condo facilities, no different from public facilities.

city square is apparently well known for this sort of thing and other residents are defiantely not happy.

im almost next door, and the smallest unit in my building is 32sqm... including a huge balcony and and bomb shelter as well... owner cannot find tenants,
i was in the lift with his agent and now they want to put in bunk beds, so that owner can hopefully get the rent price he wants...

should develper even be allowed to sell a unit that has livable space of LESS than 32 sq m?

but of course, one has to be FOOking grateful for whatever one can get with no thought to any other considerations .... superb singapore style