• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HaLaL Bak Kut Teh for MusLims ?..

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There is no point at all. Which is why, like you said, having a religion is stupid. But being religious, is not. When you think about the concept of having a religion, you must include "religion" that are not recognised as mainstream as well. For example, capitalism, the pursuit of never ending money, that earning more and more will be better. There are no formal, text, scripts, but a whole bunch of people follows this "religion" just look at the 2008 financial crisis. If the majority of bankers in US were however, more religious, the financial crisis might not have happened.

Bro , u got to have a religion in order to be religious ... No ?? By the way capitalism is not classify under religion in the dictionary .

mulvi74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Religion is truly stupid.
A bunch of ideological retards on all sides arguing about who has the best imaginary friend

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hence the difference between on having a religion and being religious. Not being classified doesn't mean its not. How many times have you heard the phrase " We need to increase the GDP to be prosperous!", "We need to import FTs to up the GDP!". Just different ways of seeing the same thing.

Bro , u got to have a religion in order to be religious ... No ?? By the way capitalism is not classify under religion in the dictionary .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hence the difference between on having a religion and being religious. Not being classified doesn't mean its not. How many times have you heard the phrase " We need to increase the GDP to be prosperous!", "We need to import FTs to up the GDP!". Just different ways of seeing the same thing.

I don't believe that only by importing FTs will up the GDP . There's a few ways to upz the GDP . by importing FTs its just a short cut but in the long run there will be many social problems in Singapore .

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
kumsia oisee....

u r right. old uncle kena whacked 60 points!!!...waulau these clones and their puppetmasters real powderful...what did i say that warrants this zap?
i think simply envy!

just like you have a pretty wife, and people get envious and say all sorts of rubbish...haha:smile:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
bro, someone said , eat only vegetables can be UNsinkified. :biggrin:

Tell tony , Not a single bite of food reaches our mouths that has not involved the killing of animals. By some estimates, at least 300 animals per acre—including mice, rats, moles, groundhogs and birds—are killed for the production of vegetable and grain foods, often in gruesome ways. Only one animal per acre is killed for the production of grass-fed beef and no animal is killed for the production of grass-fed milk until the end of the life of the dairy cow.
And what about the human beings, especially growing human beings, who are suffering from nutrient deficiencies and their concomitant health problems as a consequence of a vegetarian diet? Or does only animal suffering count?

Vegetarians wishing to make a political statement should strive for consistency. Cows are slaughtered not only to put steak on the table, but to obtain components used in soaps, shampoos, cosmetics, plastics, pharmaceuticals, waxes (as in candles and crayons), modern building materials and hydraulic brake fluid for airplanes. The membrane that vibrates in your telephone contains beef gelatin. So to avoid hypocrisy, vegetarians need to also refrain from using anything made of plastic, talking on the telephone, flying in airplanes, letting their kids use crayons, and living or working in modern buildings.:wink:
By the way , ancestors of modern vegetarians would not have survived without using animal products like fur to keep warm, leather to make footwear, belts, straps and shelter, and bones for tools. In fact, the entire interactive network of life on earth, from the jellyfish to the judge, is based on the sacrifice of animals and the use of animal foods. There’s no escape from dependence on slaughtered animals, not even for really good vegan folks who feel wonderful about themselves as they finish their vegan meal :wink:

Last edited:

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
EarLier my ex-staff Yusoff popped by my pLace.Left with nothing much in my fridge, except for a chicken & a pack of Bak Kut Teh condiments; i decided to do one such at his noddings:

bkt1.jpg

bkt2.jpg

He thought it was tasty & wonderfuL,and wouLd recommend this dish to his friends & reLatives about this concoction of mine's..but my immediate after-thought is; is it reaLLy ok by MusLims' rites etcc..
:cool:

Your ex-staff is the enlighten one lah! Better have a full stomach than an empty stomach seeking holy grace!

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both of us knows that. But does the 60.1% knows that? And yet continue to vote and follow the MIWs? Doesn't this sound like a religion to you ?
I don't believe that only by importing FTs will up the GDP . There's a few ways to upz the GDP . by importing FTs its just a short cut but in the long run there will be many social problems in Singapore .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Both of us knows that. But does the 60.1% knows that? And yet continue to vote and follow the MIWs? Doesn't this sound like a religion to you ?

Sound more like a politics :wink: unless those scums start speaking in tougues on tv :wink:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I heard LHL spoke "Mee Siam Mai Hum", I really thought he was speaking in tongues! Same for "Upturn the Downturn" and many old classics from the PAP!
Sound more like a politics :wink: unless those scums start speaking in tougues on tv :wink: