• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good Mid Size Backback for 5 days Short Holiday Trips

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
no worries, i will go look for it later today.cheers!

actcually that material very durable can last very long it something like a rubber material . bro , my friend used to open a vintage shop in beach road and far east plaza ..dont know if he is still doing it anot . will try to contact him through one of my friends . maybe he can try far east plaza , there a few cool vintage shop over there .

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

ps: do they have branded material like ERMENEGILDO ZEGNA , BOSS ...ect ?

Yes they offer both local & imported materials. They have many,.., many different choices of different materials from Thailand, europe & uk. The imported material have a tighter weave & are softer than the thai materials. My favourite is a pair of garbadine pants with material from the England. It's very soft to the touch.

I'll give you their 2 urls & you can visit them whenever you are in Bangkok.
http://www.ravistailor.com
http://www.mycustomtailor.com/

Their publish prices seem high. However I think if you visit their Bkk office I'm sure it's cheaper.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes they offer both local & imported materials. They have many,.., many different choices of different materials from Thailand, europe & uk. The imported material have a tighter weave & are softer than the thai materials. My favourite is a pair of garbadine pants with material from the England. It's very soft to the touch.

I'll give you their 2 urls & you can visit them whenever you are in Bangkok.
http://www.ravistailor.com
http://www.mycustomtailor.com/

Their publish prices seem high. However I think if you visit their Bkk office I'm sure it's cheaper.

thankyou bro .. yes eroupe material is softer compare to other countries . japan material is good but expensive . i prefer a slim fit suit or shirt . im very fussy about suits cutting .

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro ...pm me if you wanna meet up in tokyo :wink: going osaka ?

Nope, Kobe. No time to go Tokyo. Wanted to extend my trip but cannot coz schedule clash. Was planning to go Hakone if I did so Tokyo was in my original plan. Maybe next time.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Nope, Kobe. No time to go Tokyo. Wanted to extend my trip but cannot coz schedule clash. Was planning to go Hakone if I did so Tokyo was in my original plan. Maybe next time.

you really must visit hakone ...its beautiful . ok ..next time you visit tokyo and feel like meeting up for a nice dinner then you can always PM me .

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you meet someone wearing that in the kansai region this month, come say hi

army fullpack, u mean the latest one? my fullpack issued in the 90s still in my storeroom together with the dufflebag that look like what american GI use in vietnam war. u use this dufflebag to travel???:confused:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
army fullpack, u mean the latest one? my fullpack issued in the 90s still in my storeroom together with the dufflebag that look like what american GI use in vietnam war. u use this dufflebag to travel???:confused:

yes the new one when I do backpacking. I bought one branded backpack but end up finding the SAF Backpack to be better for month long type backpacking and yes the new duffle bag I sometimes use for travel. New one like very big sports bag on wheels. It looks pretty nice as long as pple dont know it's from SAF. I bring that along when I need to do a lot of shopping

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes the new one when I do backpacking. I bought one branded backpack but end up finding the SAF Backpack to be better for month long type backpacking and yes the new duffle bag I sometimes use for travel. New one like very big sports bag on wheels. It looks pretty nice as long as pple dont know it's from SAF. I bring that along when I need to do a lot of shopping

so where got free, it brought with either credit or cash. your vocation must be sim lang lor to have so many credits left. the only thing i brought that cost the most was a new pair of the old version boot and a few pairs of new balance over the course of ICTs. oh yah, a pair of king safety boot at MR. The rest were spend on stuffs needed by unit SOP items.

lurpsexx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you tried Campers' Corner? They have a shop along Waterloo Street, just next to the Singapore Art Museum. Alternatively, you can go to their website (www.camperscorner.com.sg) where they have an online catalog.

Thanks for the link bro.. good backpacks on offer..

But I'm more of a tourist than real hiker so these bags may be an overkill for my trips.. :p

I still think the Eagle Creek Switchback bag is what I was looking for, thanks to bro johnny333 for the tip..

will pop by beach road army market for a look see if any of the MOLLE packs also good or not..

and not forgetting the yummy foood downstairs too!

Chokdee!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've been looking around in Spore for a store which carries good hiking pants. Although I don't hike I find these pants more comfortable than normal pants. They are also easier to care for as you don't need to iron them. They are also good bargains as they are very durable . Used to be able to get these type of pants locally but nowadays with the economic slowdown the local selection is not so good.

So I have been forced to look at the the US online stores. I've found the following stores have a decent selection :
http://www.altrec.com/
http://www.sierratradingpost.com

Just completed my order with Altrec & thought that people should know that altrec has problems accepting "foreign" credit cards :(

So you either have to use paypal or if your using a middlemen, ask them to order on your behalf.