• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Good Bumi Najib Meets With A King In Singapore While Convicted For Corruption! Guess King!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1639373351230.png

KUALA LUMPUR (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - Malaysia's former prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak on Sunday (Dec 12) responded on social media to backlash he received after earlier posting a picture of himself meeting up with Sam Goi, better known as the Popiah King, in Singapore.

The former prime minister had received many questions on social media asking why he was still allowed to leave the country.

He had stated back in October that his purpose of visiting Singapore was to visit his daughter who was then expecting.

"Must I be with my grandchild 24/7 during the six days I am in Singapore?" asked Najib
in response to a Facebook post questioning the purpose of his visit to Singapore.

He added that the meeting with Goi was to discuss a business matter.

"He asked about Malaysia's current direction in economy and development because he is planning to invest further in Malaysia," Najib wrote.

"Sam Goi was a fan of the economic and development policies during my time as a prime minister and yes, that Rolls Royce belongs to him."

He added: "Is it so wrong for me to spend my personal time giving my opinions to a potential foreign investor to Malaysia despite me no longer being the prime minister?"

In July last year, the High Court found Najib guilty of all seven counts in the SRC international cases and was found to have abused his power as a prime minister and finance minister.

Najib is set to appear again in court on Monday.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/s...inessman-sam-goi-was-to-discuss-investment-in

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
See, I told you all before that Jib Gor always has good business acumen.

My jiuhu field intel says that jib zai will not go to prison. He's very well liked by m&ds. They kept him out of jail when he killed his mongolian gf by grenade and they'll keep him out of jail for stealing too.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
My jiuhu field intel says that jib zai will not go to prison. He's very well liked by m&ds. They kept him out of jail when he killed his mongolian gf by grenade and they'll keep him out of jail for stealing too.
You can bet on this. I've also read that he's very well liked by the rural and also those lower class (B40 and below) Malays. So, he'll still have lots of supporters in his mandate (supposing) if he's allowed to go for election today.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Agong shall probably pardon him. All signs point in this direction. UMNO making out that this is a political case and the judiciary bias against Najib.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Agong shall probably pardon him. All signs point in this direction. UMNO making out that this is a political case and the judiciary bias against Najib.

The judiciary is led by m&d moslems. They won't convict jib zai, who is seen as a symbol of m&d power by many m&ds.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
See, I told you all before that Jib Gor always has good business acumen.
I don't think so.
Many chinese suckered him the biggest being jho low.
Then there was Peter sondakh indonesian chinese which najib gave away RM2 bil of gomen money.
The other was PAP which convinced najib to give away the ktm land and KL must pay for it.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't think so.
Many chinese suckered him the biggest being jho low.
Then there was Peter sondakh indonesian chinese which najib gave away RM2 bil of gomen money.
The other was PAP which convinced najib to give away the ktm land and KL must pay for it.

KL got two large land parcels in the CBD area for that worthless KTM land. They received a good deal.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
KL got two large land parcels in the CBD area for that worthless KTM land. They received a good deal.
KL did not receive two parcels of land. They got 60% share of those land which they needed to put money in to develop with temasek holding 40%.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
KL did not receive two parcels of land. They got 60% share of those land which they needed to put money in to develop with temasek holding 40%.

KL received 6 land parcels. Needed to do JV with PAP for them. Now, those lands are earning money for jiuhu. Jib zai is quite the deal maker here.

1639385054929.png

In 2010, then-PM Najib Razak tried to tackle the issue, this time with PM Lee Hsien Loong sitting across the table.

Talks were successful, and Malaysia agreed to have KTM vacate Tanjong Pagar Railway Station, and shift its operations to Woodlands Train Checkpoint.

In return for vacating parcels of land at Tanjong Pagar, Kranji, and Woodlands, and three more parcels of land in Bukit Timah, Singapore would exchange six land parcels in Marina South and Ophir-Rochor.

These land parcels would be developed jointly by Malaysia and Singapore by a joint-venture company M+S Pte Ltd, which was 60 per cent owned by Malaysia's Khazanah Nasional and 40 per cent by Singapore's Temasek Holdings.

The deal

The land that Najib negotiated in exchange at Marina South and Ophir-Rochor were far more valuable than the parcels elsewhere.

The projects at these parcels were successfully completed in early 2018, and are worth billions today.

They have been earning money for Malaysia, instead of lying idle like the railway land had been for 20 years from 1990 to 2010.

Najib disagreed over paying development charges for some of the land parcels, and agreed to go to court.

He was successful and saved S$1.47 billion for Malaysia.

https://mothership.sg/2019/03/najib-railway-land-singapore-malaysia/

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bigshot lawyers are preparing to slug it out between najib and Sg entities over the land investments.
Looks like Malaysia will be losing the shares to those plots of land.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
KL received 6 land parcels. Needed to do JV with PAP for them. Now, those lands are earning money for jiuhu. Jib zai is quite the deal maker here.

View attachment 128890

In 2010, then-PM Najib Razak tried to tackle the issue, this time with PM Lee Hsien Loong sitting across the table.

Talks were successful, and Malaysia agreed to have KTM vacate Tanjong Pagar Railway Station, and shift its operations to Woodlands Train Checkpoint.

In return for vacating parcels of land at Tanjong Pagar, Kranji, and Woodlands, and three more parcels of land in Bukit Timah, Singapore would exchange six land parcels in Marina South and Ophir-Rochor.

These land parcels would be developed jointly by Malaysia and Singapore by a joint-venture company M+S Pte Ltd, which was 60 per cent owned by Malaysia's Khazanah Nasional and 40 per cent by Singapore's Temasek Holdings.

The deal

The land that Najib negotiated in exchange at Marina South and Ophir-Rochor were far more valuable than the parcels elsewhere.

The projects at these parcels were successfully completed in early 2018, and are worth billions today.

They have been earning money for Malaysia, instead of lying idle like the railway land had been for 20 years from 1990 to 2010.

Najib disagreed over paying development charges for some of the land parcels, and agreed to go to court.

He was successful and saved S$1.47 billion for Malaysia.

https://mothership.sg/2019/03/najib-railway-land-singapore-malaysia/
Many failed to see that that piece of elongated Tg Pagar railway land is of poor development potential. At the front is already Keppel Road (which is totally unacquireable) and at the rear is already government land with the HDB flats. If the lands exchange deal had not been done, it'll still be sitting idle there today and cannot be monetized.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many failed to see that that piece of elongated Tg Pagar railway land is of poor development potential. At the front is already Keppel Road (which is totally unacquireable) and at the rear is already government land with the HDB flats. If the lands exchange deal had not been done, it'll still be sitting idle there today and cannot be monetized.
The whole idea of running a railroad is to transport cargo and passengersl.
The old port lies just across the road from tg pagar station.
But new plans at jurong east means no cargo for the trains.Plus ktm should have retained land in kanji as its lies next to smrt station and will save huge amount of tax payers money if turned into a station and immigration check point.

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To be fair, Jib Kor has a brilliant business acumen. His HSR proposal was a good one to boost the economy for the rural towns located on that stretch of the proposed Singapore-Johor- KL route. He also knew back then that the way to his people's hearts is to stuff free monies into their bank accounts and that's why he's still massively popular with the rural folks.

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
The whole idea of running a railroad is to transport cargo and passengersl.
The old port lies just across the road from tg pagar station.
But new plans at jurong east means no cargo for the trains.Plus ktm should have retained land in kanji as its lies next to smrt station and will save huge amount of tax payers money if turned into a station and immigration check point.
It may be useful to transport cargoes via the rail where roads are not easily accessible as in the early 60s. However, with the 20-odd km from Woodlands to Tg Pagar well connected by the BKE and PIE, it is more practical to use containers and lorries rather than via the train where restricted scheduling is required, especially when it's a single track rail. Don't forget that the Tg Pagar and Pasir Panjang PSA ports will all be shifted to the Tuas Mega Port within the next 4 years , so what shipping ports are you still talking about?

To improvise the Kranj MRT station into a Northern immigration checkpoint will also be subjected to the Singapore ICA's approval and I don't think this can be achieved. It has always been a preference for the ICA to locate all immigraton checkpoints to be as near to the border as possible, with the exception of the old railway station as this was carried over from the British administration where Singapore and Malaya were administered as one country and no passport was needed.

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
It may be useful to transport cargoes via the rail where roads are not easily accessible as in the early 60s. However, with the 20-odd km from Woodlands to Tg Pagar well connected by the BKE and PIE, it is more practical to use containers and lorries rather than via the train where restricted scheduling is required, especially when it's a single track rail. Don't forget that the Tg Pagar and Pasir Panjang PSA ports will all be shifted to the Tuas Mega Port within the next 4 years , so what shipping ports are you still talking about?

To improvise the Kranj MRT station into a Northern immigration checkpoint will also be subjected to the Singapore ICA's approval and I don't think this can be achieved. It has always been a preference for the ICA to locate all immigraton checkpoints to be as near to the border as possible, with the exception of the old railway station as this was carried over from the British administration where Singapore and Malaya were administered as one country and no passport was needed.
Railway still the most sustainable transporter of good across the land but cannot beat ships in terms of cost and volume.
Plus the planned jurong east station will be a inland immigration centre. No different than kanji.

Last edited:

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In short, Boss kuku is a winner, much more charismatic than sissy loong, and should be made to led Mudland again.