• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Meng Seng's prediction comes true, WP is splitting!

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only he is adaptable, but he is also adorable, amicable and admirable!
He can also drop his pants at the turn of his tummy! :biggrin:

May I add that its balls can drop by just holding the lever of its joystick. Now who wants to do that, I don't know.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perspective should understand this principle the best.

No I don't. But I understand the concepts of one GE need not necessarily apply to the next one. Whether we agree or not (with the concept of candidates=cadres), Fazli wasn't singled out for unfair treatment. He probably doesn't realise.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
And BTW I don't define a split meaning that a party loses some members. Every party would be splitting in that case.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FS and TLH didn't even have the chance to stay back to be appointed cadres because they run road.

All GE2006 candidates were made cadres AFTER the elections.

In JBJ times, he could raise more than 30 candidates seemingly out of thin air in the 11th hour. Most of WP cadres then were oldtimers in support logistics, not candidates, but willing to help candidates willing to contest PAP. Many even signed their membership forms at the last minute. How to be instant cadres?

In LTK times, a new batch was groomed from 2001. Most of GE 2006 candidates were already cadres before the GE. The rest of the few were made cadres based on their performance and efforts befor and during the GE, I believe. Some election agents were nominated for cadreship too. Some went through, some didn't. Anyway even as cadres, quite a number has resigned over political differences or personal reasons. GE 2011 batch is different, most candidates were not yet cadres. I guess they couldn't make them all in one batch and of course, the winning candidates and those who helped the most in logistics get it first.

No I don't. But I understand the concepts of one GE need not necessarily apply to the next one. Whether we agree or not (with the concept of candidates=cadres), Fazli wasn't singled out for unfair treatment. He probably doesn't realise.

The concept I meant refers to membership status. There's no point being in cadreship if one is unable to contribute the time and commitment to the operation of the party year and year out, week in and week out, not just during election seasons, even as a candidate. I'm sure you know the weightage applied on contribution to weekly Hammer sales. One can be made cadre just based on that as that's seen to be of core importance of outreach to the heartlands.

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Seriously, I think you are contradicting yourself here.

If during JBJ time, he could not make all candidates as cadres because they were mostly last minute candidates, are you suggesting that those candidates in WP for GE2011 are also mostly last minute candidates?

That is far from the truth. Fazli has been with WP for years.

Goh Meng Seng

In JBJ times, he could raise more than 30 candidates seemingly out of thin air in the 11th hour. Most of WP cadres then were oldtimers in support logistics, not candidates, but willing to help candidates willing to contest PAP. Many even signed their membership forms at the last minute. How to be instant cadres?

In LTK times, a new batch was groomed from 2001. Most of GE 2006 candidates were already cadres before the GE. The rest of the few were made cadres based on their performance and efforts befor and during the GE, I believe. Some election agents were nominated for cadreship too. Some went through, some didn't. Anyway even as cadres, quite a number has resigned over political differences or personal reasons. GE 2011 batch is different, most candidates were not yet cadres. I guess they couldn't make them all in one batch and of course, the winning candidates and those who helped the most in logistics get it first.

The concept I meant refers to membership status. There's no point being in cadreship if one is unable to contribute the time and commitment to the operation of the party year and year out, week in and week out, not just during election seasons, even as a candidate. I'm sure you know the weightage applied on contribution to weekly Hammer sales. One can be made cadre just based on that as that's seen to be of core importance of outreach to the heartlands.

youtalkcock

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Goh Meng Seng

You fucking big insect. This is the first time i F you here. Reason is because of you, clones of PAP IB, YPAP, civil servants and opposition parties are here. Politicians present or history should not be discussing about politics! :biggrin:

Samsters from the sex forum. They are pics contributors at the PHOTO/VIDEO section. Their senior nicks here are identical with the sex forum, have all stopped contributing. BlueCat, sunny102, Naka_Timo, otamay, bulleye etc.. Another old timer here is Neh_Neh_Pok. They are genuine samsters and contributors. Because politics are discussed here, it turned this into a POLITICS forum and clones from both ruling and opposition parties appeared by the hordes. CCB. At the sex forum, the automated scripts will zap u if u talk about politics or anything unrelated to sex. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

To be frank, even some of those candidates that you described were given cadres. JBJ like Chiam has always been rather open-door policy, in fact WP/RP under him had no doors - except that he has to personally dominate.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I see that as a good sign. People without politician material or political will should just throw towel and leave. The quitters viewed attachment to individual friendship than the whole objective of its party, and even worse if they were to be placed on national area. WP needs real aspirants and not myopic members. It has no lack of supporters relative to many opposition parties and no one is indispensible. Better be now than later to start cleaning house and assess who is more apt to join based on party loyalty and manifesto, not any Tom, Dick or Harry. Those who were not properly scrutinised in the past by WP, LTK should start screening and scanning them in dept from now onwards.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is far from the truth. Fazli has been with WP for years.

I'm not contradicting anything SOP. There're members for more than a decade and still not cadres. Your brother made it in about 2 years. Check their outreach and walkabout attendance records. You should know better than me instead of still trying to smoke outsiders here.