• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Meng Seng is finished (politically)

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
By now even the most politically ignorant will have realized that GMS is finished (politically), and very slim chance he will ever find a party that can be used as a contest platform. Even if TJS, Nicole, Jeanette and certain others tried to form their own party (and it has already been derailed once), pretty low chance they will associate with GMS.

So why do this? GMS of all people should know commentators can rant and rave but real change can only come when you work the ground and get into the political fray, win elections, and so on. TOC, TRE, SBF, etc may sway a few odd votes here and there but they won't make the govt change. Only politicians with real following and who can galvanize their supporters/constituents are able to.

Even if he has a genuine axe to grind, there are far better ways to put the point across. He has chosen the most confrontational and most abrasive approach, one that alienates even his opposition colleagues. What is the end result? WP is still going to do what they want to do, and the same more or less can be said for the rest. He might have forced Nicole Seah's hand and skewed certain outcomes but that does not change anything meaningfully. Nicole, Jeanette, etc, would never contest a 3CF knowing the incumbent has 20 years of track record, and a solid track record at that.

All has been pointless exercise in emotional ranting with no result achieved, and many enemies made.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are 2 factors that has placed him in this situation. He has hinted that 2011 was his last chance to get into parliament. Furthermore he can't keep switching parties. Secondly the MK thing has really upset him. He has therefore turned fatalistic.

As far as he is concerned he has nothing lose. Besides the lost of one's honour, he is right. So our friend is flinging out all the toys from his cot.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
By becoming a "neutral political commentator", my reading is he is quitting partisan politics. He can't, with his postings here, on his FB, media exposure, and those things he said, his credibility (if there is still a gram left) has completely evaporated. A real seasoned and "deep" politician will never reveal so much of his thought and thought process. 城府深的政客, always keep you guessing their real intent, their next move is never clear. GMS? Forget it.

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh come on, after a PAP agent is passed his expiry date, of course he will have to do stupid things to make his exit. Do we expect him to put up his hand, telling the world that he has been working for the PAP to undermine the Opposition all these years and now it is time for him to make an exit?

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not that far off. If you read GMS well enough, he is not that smart a person. I am suprised how long he managed to last with his computer shop that was obviously not making money. Unless he was dealing with other businesses that is making good money, or there must be some supporting him financially.

He had planned to exit the political scene even way before the election, he is just following thru his plan now.

Oh come on, after a PAP agent is passed his expiry date, of course he will have to do stupid things to make his exit. Do we expect him to put up his hand, telling the world that he has been working for the PAP to undermine the Opposition all these years and now it is time for him to make an exit?

Wildfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh come on, after a PAP agent is passed his expiry date, of course he will have to do stupid things to make his exit.
Do we expect him to put up his hand, telling the world that he has been working for the PAP to undermine the Opposition all these years and now
it is time for him to make an exit?

I would say that he is near the end of his "Shelve Life" ... Expiry Date is set for GE2016! I strongly believe he will be a spoiler in 3CF
in a highly competitive single constituency ward so as to split opposition votes under the pretext of "Independent" candidate.

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has hinted that 2011 was his last chance to get into parliament.

Effectively, for someone like that, he has to close his options for 2016 and must be very sure that he won't change his mind. That is the problem - that the ranting shuts you out of the option of changing your mind later, which people sometimes do when circumstances change later.

Presently, even the circumstances do not favour him, even if he has let go steam. He is the only WP member on that rampage, other than Gopalan Nair which no one longer bothers. Since Presidential Address, Budget Debate, two other Parliamentary seatings, press releases, he has something to pick. If there were others, it would be fine. The former WP candidates who publicly resigned did not show the same "stamina". Eric Tan has been quiet after the outburst over NCMP matter. CTL fired the shots after his resignation in 2006 due to internal squabbles, but since did not continue. Lee Wai Leng appears to be more targetted at YSL than WP over business matters. Abdul Salim who resigned from NSP has since returned to becoming a WP supporter. What would someone be made of, who sees something about WP that even WP detractors do not see. Personal grudge?

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You guys are not called insect brained for nothing!

Goh meng seng is just reinventing himself to become singapore's political visionary! Transformation is painful but so is the TRUTH!

Like a moth he will fly headlong into open flames. And like the phoenix he will rise from the ashes!

breaknews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok lah! Why so work up about GMS?

Having alternative views is part and parcel of politics!

We should all respect that! I am not angry with him for sacrificing NS in Marine Parade GRC!

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
What GMS did was not wrong. He was only telling us the truth. I don't see why he would be dead politically just because you LTK worshippers can't stand the truth.

jw5

Loyal
I believe that when 2016 comes around, he will want to stand for elections again. He can't help it, it's just like a moth being attracted to a flame.

My prediction is that he will try to join a party or form a party and get others to join him, failing which he will stand as an independent candidate in an SMC with a 3 corner fight.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We should all respect that! I am not angry with him for sacrificing NS in Marine Parade GRC!

You got your story wrong. GMS wanted Nicole & co. to stand in Moulmein-Kallang GRC for a 3-corner with WP for which LTK had declared sure to send a WP team there and GMS also declared NSP not giving in - if 3-corner it's to be, 3-corner be it. Nicole & co. steadfastly refused and chose Marine Parade GRC. Geographically still strategic since Mountbatten SMC straddles both M-K GRC and MP GRC. Nicole hit political capital lottery when her direct opponent at MacPherson division of MP GRC was TPL who kept scoring own goals. Before that, nobody knew that Nicole could become so popular.

I believe that when 2016 comes around, he will want to stand for elections again. He can't help it, it's just like a moth being attracted to a flame.

My prediction is that he will try to join a party or form a party and get others to join him, failing which he will stand as an independent candidate in an SMC with a 3 corner fight.

Forming a new party is high nigh impossible, finance and manpower wise. He can try to join SPP and test if Mr. & Mrs. Chiam are naive and senile enough to take him in. He can also try to join SF and test whether CTL is desperate enough to take him in, or even just to test if SF is still actively functional or not.