• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Meng Seng is finished (politically)

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
What GMS did was not wrong. He was only telling us the truth. I don't see why he would be dead politically just because you LTK worshippers can't stand the truth.

Hmm.. even if they are LTK worshippers (mind you, i am an atheist, i don't worship anyone).. it is still far better than worshipping Goh Meng Seng, you twit !!

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forming a new party is high nigh impossible, finance and manpower wise. He can try to join SPP and test if Mr. & Mrs. Chiam are naive and senile enough to take him in. He can also try to join SF and test whether CTL is desperate enough to take him in, or even just to test if SF is still actively functional or not.

I notice many parties are starting to buck up the quality since they now have a pool to choose from, although the bar is a bit low. SPP's and RP's bar remains zero and also given the losses of men, provide an avenue except that in exchange you have to 100% comply with the Chiams and KJ respectively in return. I pity Lina more than KJ as she needs to be in Parliament, but after the exodus, we can see she filed only 4 cuts during the Budget, a historical low. SPP, RP and SDA has no chance of a future after 2016. SDP, NSP and JSNP could be around for a while, but the chap won't qualify.

In other words, no chance in hell?

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
What GMS did was not wrong. He was only telling us the truth. I don't see why he would be dead politically just because you LTK worshippers can't stand the truth.

If he's telling the truth (Kinana - Truth is a fact), then there wouldn't be so many people upset with him. The problem with GMS is his opinions. I'm assuming you know the difference between a fact and an opinion?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There are 2 factors that has placed him in this situation. He has hinted that 2011 was his last chance to get into parliament. Furthermore he can't keep switching parties. Secondly the MK thing has really upset him. He has therefore turned fatalistic.

As far as he is concerned he has nothing lose. Besides the lost of one's honour, he is right. So our friend is flinging out all the toys from his cot.

If you're right, that's the most silly thing to do. In life you don't burn your bridges so easily unless honour and integrity are at risk. Even more so in the world of political engagement. There are ways GMS could have put his point across more effectively without incurring such a huge backlash and alienating opposition supporters. I guess if he wants to become a 2nd Temasek Review that would be the ultimate irony.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he's telling the truth (Kinana - Truth is a fact), then there wouldn't be so many people upset with him. The problem with GMS is his opinions. I'm assuming you know the difference between a fact and an opinion?

GMS did tell the truth. WP screwed up big time and does need to buck up.
You may not like to hear it but thats the truth.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you're right, that's the most silly thing to do. In life you don't burn your bridges so easily unless honour and integrity are at risk. Even more so in the world of political engagement. There are ways GMS could have put his point across more effectively without incurring such a huge backlash and alienating opposition supporters. I guess if he wants to become a 2nd Temasek Review that would be the ultimate irony.

In other words are you saying that what TRE did in exposing Yaw alienated it from the opposition supporters and is therefore a wrong move?
You think TRE and Goh should be bias in their reporting and views instead?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Please give more credit to your niece. NS would have stood out even if TPL was not fielded in MP. She had already stood out even before the writ of election was issued.

Agree with your pt abt difficulty of forming new party. Opposition ranks are stretched now. He will never join CTL and CTL will never take him. By the way, I still find it hilarious the day you went to your knees when CTL logged in to the forum. Maybe you should join CTL.

You got your story wrong. GMS wanted Nicole & co. to stand in Moulmein-Kallang GRC for a 3-corner with WP for which LTK had declared sure to send a WP team there and GMS also declared NSP not giving in - if 3-corner it's to be, 3-corner be it. Nicole & co. steadfastly refused and chose Marine Parade GRC. Geographically still strategic since Mountbatten SMC straddles both M-K GRC and MP GRC. Nicole hit political capital lottery when her direct opponent at MacPherson division of MP GRC was TPL who kept scoring own goals. Before that, nobody knew that Nicole could become so popular.

Forming a new party is high nigh impossible, finance and manpower wise. He can try to join SPP and test if Mr. & Mrs. Chiam are naive and senile enough to take him in. He can also try to join SF and test whether CTL is desperate enough to take him in, or even just to test if SF is still actively functional or not.

Tualan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forming a party ? He is a fuccking broke, unless he wins big time in Macau or he has another 4 room flat to sell. Who would finance a loser for a losing war ?
GMS is gone, no chance to have a over-turn of salted fish. Maybe next life ?

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
By now even the most politically ignorant will have realized that GMS is finished (politically), and very slim chance he will ever find a party that can be used as a contest platform. Even if TJS, Nicole, Jeanette and certain others tried to form their own party (and it has already been derailed once), pretty low chance they will associate with GMS.

After reading the post here, I guess I should brought this up.

a few weeks back, was in a cab going to town and so strike up a conversation with the driver. We drifted into GE2011 and was into who is unpopular and whom the driver like or dislike. Was surprised that the driver mention GMS was one of those he dislike as he felt that GMS was BSing during the whole campaign and quote" talking through his ass".

It did make me wonder, throughout the whole GE2011, did GMS leave such a bad impression to certain sectos of the Singapore voting public? If that is so, then where would this lead him to?

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

a few weeks back, was in a cab going to town and so strike up a conversation with the driver. We drifted into GE2011 and was into who is unpopular and whom the driver like or dislike. Was surprised that the driver mention GMS was one of those he dislike as he felt that GMS was BSing during the whole campaign and quote" talking through his ass".

It did make me wonder, throughout the whole GE2011, did GMS leave such a bad impression to certain sectos of the Singapore voting public? If that is so, then where would this lead him to?

Incidentally, WP was BSing during the the 2011 campaign too.
They changed tune from what they said during elections and what they said in parliament. What would the cabbie say about that? What about you WP supporters? What would you say about that? They are politically finished?

Sadist

Alfrescian
Loyal

What a lame story it is.

BlueWave

Alfrescian
Loyal
So you worship LKY..????

he only worship itself and its clones.

fat insect's main nick is under attack now. fat insect trying to salvage whatever little reputation that he thinks he still have by playing nice, playing civil and keeping a low profile. it doesnt want to attack using its main nick for the time being for fear of further damaging its reputation.

1 of fat insect's clone is zapped until moderation. fat insect is now using its other clone to act as its attack dog.

Sadist

Alfrescian
Loyal
what a lame reply. its bloody obvious who u are.

grow a brain.

One more time, I am going to tell you, I am not GMS.

And why should people like GMS needs clones to support his argument. His point and position are all well argued and he usually sticks to it regardless of the onslaught he received from an army anti GMS members here.

BlueWave

Alfrescian
Loyal

And why should people like GMS needs clones to support his argument. His point and position are all well argued and he usually sticks to it regardless of the onslaught he received from an army anti GMS members here.

wow:eek::biggrin:

fat insect's points are well argued. :confused: once again you confirmed yourself to be its clone. no one else think so highly of it except itself.

Tualan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Expected reaction. 此地无银三百两.