• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

goh meng seng finally throw in the towel

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
October 30th, 2021

Mr Goh Meng Seng

Ever since I revealed that I will be leaving my beloved birth place SG soon, quite a number of people, some are just FB friends whom I have not met before, private messaged me.

Some are curious where I will be going and whether it is for good? Some had tried to persuade me to stay or at least continue to do my Thrice weekly GMS Live Policy Chats. Some even ask how can they leave SG without being Vax….Some even ask me whether I will contest next GE.

I have been in opposition politics for 20 years, having another 8 additional years of policy study, analysis and commentary.

I have basically given all my prime years to policy and politics. It is about time to reset my priorities shifting away from public to more personal and family focus.

Whether we like it or not, the political landscape is extremely limited and only PAP LITE/Like opposition parties are acceptable to majority Singaporeans’ appetite. Singaporeans are after all, trained to focus on economic materialistic gains and stability rather than more ideological pursue of a vibrant diversity with vigorous checks and balances supported by effective institutional Separation of Powers.

Token opposition to make meek noises in Parliament is all they need. As Singaporeans are not trained in critical thinking from young, even less on politics other than PAP’s self glorification propaganda, group thinking is the main stream in Singapore.

Everything will work perfectly well in normal prosperous times but when a great crisis just befallen on us, even the supposed Ruling Elites wouldn’t know how to react and handle. This is because, this is something “out of the norm”, not something taught in text books or with any viable SOP.

PAP is extremely good in politicking and tweaking the laws by never ending tightening its grip on power. They are even better in propaganda and manipulating public opinions.

However, when the imminent enemy is not human but a microscopic virus, no amount of propaganda or gripping of power via manipulation of laws will help them.

The incompetency will just be exposed numerous times throughout this period. The more threat PAP faced from this tiny virus, the more anxious they are in tightening their grip on power by destroying all adversaries from individual dissidents, activists, alternative social media and eventually, the opposition politicians.

When PAP slowly lose their credibility and public trust by their incompetent mismanagement of Covid crisis, the more they will need to destroy their adversaries, so that whoever left to contest against their power, will be mediocre or mild players with no alternative media to help them in next elections.

Although I have made progress in upping my own political profile during this period of time but it will be just a matter of time they will turn their guns against me.

They have strengthen their legal ammunition with POFMA, FICA and if these are still insufficient, ISA will always be the last resort.

On the other hand, Singaporeans will forever that docile. I love my fellow Singaporeans but I will never put any hope on them to stand up against PAP’s tyranny.

Thus, I do not think there is any meaningful reasons for me to continue in opposition politics unless I am prepared to sacrifice my political principles and vision, just play along as a court jester by being just a meek voice in Parliament. In Chinese, that is called 政客混饭吃.

I can only see decline in Singapore as the system has failed to produce the vibrant environment necessary for real good leaders to nurture. Rent Seeking is just too rampant which will turn meritocracy into a mythical bluff of delusions. The current leaders’ mediocrity is just the beginning of the great decline.

I may continue to do Live Chats in future but will refocus to things from my other interests, beside policy and politics. I may even give Dharma or Spiritual talks if I have the time!

But the main priorities will be starting new businesses, earning more money, traveling more to see the world etc.

The World is my oyster. I shall no longer restrict myself to this tiny Red Dot anymore.

Hopefully before I reach 70, I can enjoy my last golden period fullest and retire with greater wisdom to achieve Nirvana. Living a life once is good enough, don’t want to live any more lives in this universe anymore.

Goh Meng Seng
GOOD RIDDANCE
VICIOUS BUGGER WHO DID IN MANY INCL HOUSEWIFE FRANCES NG

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are essentially stupid bilingually ! Now that’s a new one. Most ppl are stupid in just one language, usually not their native language. You are stupid when you speak English OR Mandarin!

自摸 your head!

The correct saying is

若要人不知,除非己莫为​

ruò yào rén bù zhī chú fēi jǐ mò wéi
Traduction :
If you don't want anyone to know, don't do it (idiom). fig. If you do something bad, people will inevitably hear about it.
Wrong. U idiot. Try harder. Cut your arrogance, be humble... your IQ is low with less than 2 digit, that's right.... buffoon..

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
October 30th, 2021

Mr Goh Meng Seng

Ever since I revealed that I will be leaving my beloved birth place SG soon, quite a number of people, some are just FB friends whom I have not met before, private messaged me.

Some are curious where I will be going and whether it is for good? Some had tried to persuade me to stay or at least continue to do my Thrice weekly GMS Live Policy Chats. Some even ask how can they leave SG without being Vax….Some even ask me whether I will contest next GE.

I have been in opposition politics for 20 years, having another 8 additional years of policy study, analysis and commentary.

I have basically given all my prime years to policy and politics. It is about time to reset my priorities shifting away from public to more personal and family focus.

Whether we like it or not, the political landscape is extremely limited and only PAP LITE/Like opposition parties are acceptable to majority Singaporeans’ appetite. Singaporeans are after all, trained to focus on economic materialistic gains and stability rather than more ideological pursue of a vibrant diversity with vigorous checks and balances supported by effective institutional Separation of Powers.

Token opposition to make meek noises in Parliament is all they need. As Singaporeans are not trained in critical thinking from young, even less on politics other than PAP’s self glorification propaganda, group thinking is the main stream in Singapore.

Everything will work perfectly well in normal prosperous times but when a great crisis just befallen on us, even the supposed Ruling Elites wouldn’t know how to react and handle. This is because, this is something “out of the norm”, not something taught in text books or with any viable SOP.

PAP is extremely good in politicking and tweaking the laws by never ending tightening its grip on power. They are even better in propaganda and manipulating public opinions.

However, when the imminent enemy is not human but a microscopic virus, no amount of propaganda or gripping of power via manipulation of laws will help them.

The incompetency will just be exposed numerous times throughout this period. The more threat PAP faced from this tiny virus, the more anxious they are in tightening their grip on power by destroying all adversaries from individual dissidents, activists, alternative social media and eventually, the opposition politicians.

When PAP slowly lose their credibility and public trust by their incompetent mismanagement of Covid crisis, the more they will need to destroy their adversaries, so that whoever left to contest against their power, will be mediocre or mild players with no alternative media to help them in next elections.

Although I have made progress in upping my own political profile during this period of time but it will be just a matter of time they will turn their guns against me.

They have strengthen their legal ammunition with POFMA, FICA and if these are still insufficient, ISA will always be the last resort.

On the other hand, Singaporeans will forever that docile. I love my fellow Singaporeans but I will never put any hope on them to stand up against PAP’s tyranny.

Thus, I do not think there is any meaningful reasons for me to continue in opposition politics unless I am prepared to sacrifice my political principles and vision, just play along as a court jester by being just a meek voice in Parliament. In Chinese, that is called 政客混饭吃.

I can only see decline in Singapore as the system has failed to produce the vibrant environment necessary for real good leaders to nurture. Rent Seeking is just too rampant which will turn meritocracy into a mythical bluff of delusions. The current leaders’ mediocrity is just the beginning of the great decline.

I may continue to do Live Chats in future but will refocus to things from my other interests, beside policy and politics. I may even give Dharma or Spiritual talks if I have the time!

But the main priorities will be starting new businesses, earning more money, traveling more to see the world etc.

The World is my oyster. I shall no longer restrict myself to this tiny Red Dot anymore.

Hopefully before I reach 70, I can enjoy my last golden period fullest and retire with greater wisdom to achieve Nirvana. Living a life once is good enough, don’t want to live any more lives in this universe anymore.

Goh Meng Seng
I have reached the same conclusion sometime ago

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have reached the same conclusion sometime ago
You didn't stand up to abolish NSF, CPF55, stop LKY used fake SAF Scholarship to disrupt his 2 sons NSF liability.

2.5 years of NSF liability is a continuous straight 2.5 years liability, no disruption. SAF Scholarship program is a scam, fake.

As such you are members of the PAP scam...

There is no conclusion.... you lied...

Peace Maker

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS is a fighter. Not pussy like me. Headstrong. Will keep trying. Unwavering. Doesnt compromise. That's the impression I got. Admirable.

But in politics if the objective is to win, then you got to play the game. Have to compromise. Apologize. Change opinions. Change you stance.

It is quite ironic. People complain that politicians are liars. Two faced. Easily change and twist what they said before. Dont keep promises. Made false promises. But the people who are steadfast on their principles and promises refuse to change and refuse to compromise (often very principled honest straight talking people) are not well liked in politics.

People vote based on what they like and agree with. Politics is a game of averages. You will have the voting base who stand with you no matter what. Then the fence sitters. Want to win election? Have to go for the fence sitters.

Honest straight talkers who stick to what they believe usually dont get elected too many times unless the majority already agree with them.

SG politics the PAP voter base is huge. Massive. Very different situation to other democratic countries.

Hence GMS realizes the truth now. The majority electorate reject him and his ideas. His determination ans stubborness has led him this far. I am glad he has accepted the truth finally so he can get on with his life.

I hope CSJ is doing the same for his and his family's good.

In the end the fate of SG and Singaporeans lies in the hands of Singaporeans. Not something iopposition leaders have any control over.

WP is the best hope for a non PAP alternative. Like I said polticians usually good at lying and making false promises. Get into parliament first! Win the election!
Spending time with our family is more worthwhile than wasting our time in politics especially in Singapore. No one really appreciate your sacrifices for the country. Those that finally achieve their goals will ultimately change to secure their own interest only. Good luck to GMS in his future endeavors.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You didn't stand up to abolish NSF, CPF55, stop LKY used fake SAF Scholarship to disrupt his 2 sons NSF liability.

2.5 years of NSF liability is a continuous straight 2.5 years liability, no disruption. SAF Scholarship program is a scam, fake.

As such you are members of the PAP scam...

There is no conclusion.... you lied...
what are you talking about, u moron

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good riddance to Kapitan GMS. I don't want say this but will do so now. Many years back I went to his Tampines St 21 PC shop to survey a game. Can't remember what game, think I wanted to buy the Championship Manager PC game. There was our Good Captain sitting inside his shop. I enquired him about the game. He replied to me brusquely. I thanked him and walked out of his shop. I then bought the pirated version at JB that night. All this happened one year before the 2006 GE. I was kindna suprised by his quite rude attitude. And I still voted for this UFO Siao Lang when he contested in the Tampines ward for the 2011 GE with his rag tag NSP team mates who were practically non existent in the area prior to that year's GE. Some people like Chiam, JBJ, Dr Chee are legendary oppo figures they have that human touch. But for arrogant clown Oppos like GMS, they're better off find a proper job supporting their families than being lampooned as buffoons.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good riddance to Kapitan GMS. I don't want say this but will do so now. Many years back I went to his Tampines St 21 PC shop to survey a game. Can't remember what game, think I wanted to buy the Championship Manager PC game. There was our Good Captain sitting inside his shop. I enquired him about the game. He replied to me brusquely. I thanked him and walked out of his shop. I then bought the pirated version at JB that night. All this happened one year before the 2006 GE. I was kindna suprised by his quite rude attitude. And I still voted for this UFO Siao Lang when he contested in the Tampines ward for the 2011 GE with his rag tag NSP team mates who were practically non existent in the area prior to that year's GE. Some people like Chiam, JBJ, Dr Chee are legendary oppo figures they have that human touch. But for arrogant clown Oppos like GMS, they're better off find a proper job supporting their families than being lampooned as buffoons.

He is PAP crony setup to oppose PAP to screw up opposition and split votes.

He is a jack the clown... the clown in America pie song...

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many years back I went to his Tampines St 21 PC shop to survey a game. Can't remember what game, think I wanted to buy the Championship Manager PC game. There was our Good Captain sitting inside his shop. I enquired him about the game. He replied to me brusquely. I thanked him and walked out of his shop. I then bought the pirated version at JB that night.
Huh what’s the context? He doesn’t have the game available for sale or what? What do u mean reply brusquely? At least add the context.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Huh what’s the context? He doesn’t have the game available for sale or what? What do u mean reply brusquely? At least add the context.
So nosy... mind the detail part... no wonder you have low IQ less than 2 digits type...
Where is the other half of your brain, sleeping?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
So nosy... mind the detail part... no wonder you have low IQ less than 2 digits type...
Where is the other half of your brain, sleeping?
Of course the village idiot of this forum - tanwahtiu has to chime in with a totally irrelevant and typically stupid response.

Don’t you have a job ? You know like delivering my meals for example.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Of course the village idiot of this forum - tanwahtiu has to chime in with a totally irrelevant and typically stupid response.

I think you are insulting village idiots. he is like the village outhouse, just go and take a shit on him

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nosy again, mind the detail part. Why u care people work or not? Dumbwit...

No wonder you have low IQ below 2 digits. Sad...

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GMS never clearly stated not contesting future elections again. it's very difficult for non-WP opposition in SG. they have no electoral base, can't get elected. they kept losing their elections by big margins and eventually gave up on politics.