• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

goh meng seng finally throw in the towel

Johnrambo

October 30th, 2021

Mr Goh Meng Seng

Ever since I revealed that I will be leaving my beloved birth place SG soon, quite a number of people, some are just FB friends whom I have not met before, private messaged me.

Some are curious where I will be going and whether it is for good? Some had tried to persuade me to stay or at least continue to do my Thrice weekly GMS Live Policy Chats. Some even ask how can they leave SG without being Vax….Some even ask me whether I will contest next GE.

I have been in opposition politics for 20 years, having another 8 additional years of policy study, analysis and commentary.

I have basically given all my prime years to policy and politics. It is about time to reset my priorities shifting away from public to more personal and family focus.

Whether we like it or not, the political landscape is extremely limited and only PAP LITE/Like opposition parties are acceptable to majority Singaporeans’ appetite. Singaporeans are after all, trained to focus on economic materialistic gains and stability rather than more ideological pursue of a vibrant diversity with vigorous checks and balances supported by effective institutional Separation of Powers.

Token opposition to make meek noises in Parliament is all they need. As Singaporeans are not trained in critical thinking from young, even less on politics other than PAP’s self glorification propaganda, group thinking is the main stream in Singapore.

Everything will work perfectly well in normal prosperous times but when a great crisis just befallen on us, even the supposed Ruling Elites wouldn’t know how to react and handle. This is because, this is something “out of the norm”, not something taught in text books or with any viable SOP.

PAP is extremely good in politicking and tweaking the laws by never ending tightening its grip on power. They are even better in propaganda and manipulating public opinions.

However, when the imminent enemy is not human but a microscopic virus, no amount of propaganda or gripping of power via manipulation of laws will help them.

The incompetency will just be exposed numerous times throughout this period. The more threat PAP faced from this tiny virus, the more anxious they are in tightening their grip on power by destroying all adversaries from individual dissidents, activists, alternative social media and eventually, the opposition politicians.

When PAP slowly lose their credibility and public trust by their incompetent mismanagement of Covid crisis, the more they will need to destroy their adversaries, so that whoever left to contest against their power, will be mediocre or mild players with no alternative media to help them in next elections.

Although I have made progress in upping my own political profile during this period of time but it will be just a matter of time they will turn their guns against me.

They have strengthen their legal ammunition with POFMA, FICA and if these are still insufficient, ISA will always be the last resort.

On the other hand, Singaporeans will forever that docile. I love my fellow Singaporeans but I will never put any hope on them to stand up against PAP’s tyranny.

Thus, I do not think there is any meaningful reasons for me to continue in opposition politics unless I am prepared to sacrifice my political principles and vision, just play along as a court jester by being just a meek voice in Parliament. In Chinese, that is called 政客混饭吃.

I can only see decline in Singapore as the system has failed to produce the vibrant environment necessary for real good leaders to nurture. Rent Seeking is just too rampant which will turn meritocracy into a mythical bluff of delusions. The current leaders’ mediocrity is just the beginning of the great decline.

I may continue to do Live Chats in future but will refocus to things from my other interests, beside policy and politics. I may even give Dharma or Spiritual talks if I have the time!

But the main priorities will be starting new businesses, earning more money, traveling more to see the world etc.

The World is my oyster. I shall no longer restrict myself to this tiny Red Dot anymore.

Hopefully before I reach 70, I can enjoy my last golden period fullest and retire with greater wisdom to achieve Nirvana. Living a life once is good enough, don’t want to live any more lives in this universe anymore.

Goh Meng Seng

KNN my uncle guess gms (should also be a vulnerable 51 look 65) is scared of the massacre so want to escape while still alive nothing wrong in fact wise KNN if my uncle situation allows he also would want to escape KNN

October 30th, 2021

Mr Goh Meng Seng

Ever since I revealed that I will be leaving my beloved birth place SG soon, quite a number of people, some are just FB friends whom I have not met before, private messaged me.

Some are curious where I will be going and whether it is for good? Some had tried to persuade me to stay or at least continue to do my Thrice weekly GMS Live Policy Chats. Some even ask how can they leave SG without being Vax….Some even ask me whether I will contest next GE.

I have been in opposition politics for 20 years, having another 8 additional years of policy study, analysis and commentary.

I have basically given all my prime years to policy and politics. It is about time to reset my priorities shifting away from public to more personal and family focus.

Whether we like it or not, the political landscape is extremely limited and only PAP LITE/Like opposition parties are acceptable to majority Singaporeans’ appetite. Singaporeans are after all, trained to focus on economic materialistic gains and stability rather than more ideological pursue of a vibrant diversity with vigorous checks and balances supported by effective institutional Separation of Powers.

Token opposition to make meek noises in Parliament is all they need. As Singaporeans are not trained in critical thinking from young, even less on politics other than PAP’s self glorification propaganda, group thinking is the main stream in Singapore.

Everything will work perfectly well in normal prosperous times but when a great crisis just befallen on us, even the supposed Ruling Elites wouldn’t know how to react and handle. This is because, this is something “out of the norm”, not something taught in text books or with any viable SOP.

PAP is extremely good in politicking and tweaking the laws by never ending tightening its grip on power. They are even better in propaganda and manipulating public opinions.

However, when the imminent enemy is not human but a microscopic virus, no amount of propaganda or gripping of power via manipulation of laws will help them.

The incompetency will just be exposed numerous times throughout this period. The more threat PAP faced from this tiny virus, the more anxious they are in tightening their grip on power by destroying all adversaries from individual dissidents, activists, alternative social media and eventually, the opposition politicians.

When PAP slowly lose their credibility and public trust by their incompetent mismanagement of Covid crisis, the more they will need to destroy their adversaries, so that whoever left to contest against their power, will be mediocre or mild players with no alternative media to help them in next elections.

Although I have made progress in upping my own political profile during this period of time but it will be just a matter of time they will turn their guns against me.

They have strengthen their legal ammunition with POFMA, FICA and if these are still insufficient, ISA will always be the last resort.

On the other hand, Singaporeans will forever that docile. I love my fellow Singaporeans but I will never put any hope on them to stand up against PAP’s tyranny.

Thus, I do not think there is any meaningful reasons for me to continue in opposition politics unless I am prepared to sacrifice my political principles and vision, just play along as a court jester by being just a meek voice in Parliament. In Chinese, that is called 政客混饭吃.

I can only see decline in Singapore as the system has failed to produce the vibrant environment necessary for real good leaders to nurture. Rent Seeking is just too rampant which will turn meritocracy into a mythical bluff of delusions. The current leaders’ mediocrity is just the beginning of the great decline.

I may continue to do Live Chats in future but will refocus to things from my other interests, beside policy and politics. I may even give Dharma or Spiritual talks if I have the time!

But the main priorities will be starting new businesses, earning more money, traveling more to see the world etc.

The World is my oyster. I shall no longer restrict myself to this tiny Red Dot anymore.

Hopefully before I reach 70, I can enjoy my last golden period fullest and retire with greater wisdom to achieve Nirvana. Living a life once is good enough, don’t want to live any more lives in this universe anymore.

Goh Meng Seng
Sigh.

I felt that way back in 2006 already.

Glad I made the right choice to leave much earlier than till my 50s or 60s.

Singaporeans deserve what they have. Dont mistake the kpkb as unhappiness or dissent. It is just them proclaiming the way of life they choose.

KNN my uncle guess gms (should also be a vulnerable 51 look 65) is scared of the massacre so want to escape while still alive nothing wrong in fact wise KNN if my uncle situation allows he also would want to escape KNN
Took him long enough. Lol!

Took him so many years to realize he should be focusing on his family? He had nothing to show for even after so many years. Not even a damn token NCMP clown role.

For fuck’s sake, he should try to earn more money and build a better future for his daughter.

Took him so many years to realize he should be focusing on his family? He had nothing to show for even after so many years. Not even a damn token NCMP clown role.

For fuck’s sake, he should try to earn more money and build a better future for his daughter.
How old is his daughter? Should be quite grown up already right?

I thought about joining politics back then but after working as a dr and talking to the average Singaporean for many years I already came to the same assessment GMS wrote above.

Why try to represent people who actually have no interest in the principles and ideas that I had. Forget it lah.

Migration is the way to go.

I wonder what @ckmpd Has to say about this. I think she used to say GMS had balls and all that.

I still think it is admirable GMS tried. But seriously it was a waste of his time. Same for CSJ.

There’s a point whereby determination turns into oblivious and then finally turns into stupidity.

If he had won more votes with each passing election then I will say great. He had made progress and that’s why he continued. But that’s clearly not the case right ?

There’s a point whereby determination turns into oblivious and then finally turns into stupidity.

If he had won more votes with each passing election then I will say great. He had made progress and that’s why he continued. But that’s clearly not the case right ?
GMS is a fighter. Not pussy like me. Headstrong. Will keep trying. Unwavering. Doesnt compromise. That's the impression I got. Admirable.

But in politics if the objective is to win, then you got to play the game. Have to compromise. Apologize. Change opinions. Change you stance.

It is quite ironic. People complain that politicians are liars. Two faced. Easily change and twist what they said before. Dont keep promises. Made false promises. But the people who are steadfast on their principles and promises refuse to change and refuse to compromise (often very principled honest straight talking people) are not well liked in politics.

People vote based on what they like and agree with. Politics is a game of averages. You will have the voting base who stand with you no matter what. Then the fence sitters. Want to win election? Have to go for the fence sitters.

Honest straight talkers who stick to what they believe usually dont get elected too many times unless the majority already agree with them.

SG politics the PAP voter base is huge. Massive. Very different situation to other democratic countries.

Hence GMS realizes the truth now. The majority electorate reject him and his ideas. His determination ans stubborness has led him this far. I am glad he has accepted the truth finally so he can get on with his life.

I hope CSJ is doing the same for his and his family's good.

In the end the fate of SG and Singaporeans lies in the hands of Singaporeans. Not something iopposition leaders have any control over.

WP is the best hope for a non PAP alternative. Like I said polticians usually good at lying and making false promises. Get into parliament first! Win the election!

Having lived in Calgary and experiencing 3 levels of politics. Municipal. Provincial. Federal. It is interesting how despite supporting conservatives at Federal Level and also Provincial (wavering) Calgary has been voting Progressive at Municipal level since I moved here.

If SG was bigger and had actusl Municipal Elections I would think GMS would have done well there.

How old is his daughter? Should be quite grown up already right?

I thought about joining politics back then but after working as a dr and talking to the average Singaporean for many years I already came to the same assessment GMS wrote above.

Why try to represent people who actually have no interest in the principles and ideas that I had. Forget it lah.

Migration is the way to go.

I wonder what @ckmpd Has to say about this. I think she used to say GMS had balls and all that.

I still think it is admirable GMS tried. But seriously it was a waste of his time. Same for CSJ.
Politics is about interests, not principles. :cautious:

You are right. U have low IQ of one digit from your narrative assessment of him. Dumber.

So you are the one.... 落要人不知 除非自摸为 if u don't want people to know, don't say it...
You are essentially stupid bilingually ! Now that’s a new one. Most ppl are stupid in just one language, usually not their native language. You are stupid when you speak English OR Mandarin!

自摸 your head!

The correct saying is

若要人不知,除非己莫为​

ruò yào rén bù zhī chú fēi jǐ mò wéi
Traduction :
If you don't want anyone to know, don't do it (idiom). fig. If you do something bad, people will inevitably hear about it.