• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Give Us Back Our Country

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think there is something wrong with your brain. Every human being have equal right here.
And I don't think you can afford to buy a condo or semi-D in SG.

No I can't. Paying off the mortgages on the two we already have :biggrin:

So what wrong with people thriving higher ? You moron :confused:

You can't read?

I am saying Singapore is okay with people thriving higher. It is those who are not thriving higher that I have a beef with.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
And replaced by youth of today. You speak of a critical mass of Singaporeans and a political awakening. So wouldnt you be referring to the youth of today?

For this election, the political party which has understood what I am writing about best is RP. I am very impressed by the areas that KJ chose to contest. Very good chance of catching the PAP off gaurd.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not to put you down or anything but i heard this 'demographic shift' and new heights of political disgruntlement before.

And it was in 2006 where everyone said the game had changed. Where the internet was the tool of a growingly disaffected youth that was voting for the first time.

So I dont really buy into your 2017 thesis.

When 2016 comes, it will be the 2022 thesis. :p

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
No I can't. Paying off the mortgages on the two we already have :biggrin:

You can't read?

I am saying Singapore is okay with people thriving higher. It is those who are not thriving higher that I have a beef with.

I predict that you will lose your two homes within 2-3 years, perhaps sooner. I suggest that you strive higher to improve yourself instead of yearning to profit from the miseries of others. Your fucking English is atrocious! Please improve, people like you, once you are down will definitely stay out for the count. Whatever riches you have ungratefully and perhaps wrongly attained is due nothing to yourself as you can't even use a simple English word correctly.

You are a pathetic fascist pig!

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I predict that you will lose your two homes within 2-3 years, perhaps sooner. I suggest that you strive higher to improve yourself instead of yearning to profit from the miseries of others. Your fucking English is atrocious! Please improve, people like you, once you are down will definitely stay out for the count. Whatever riches you have ungratefully and perhaps wrongly attained is due nothing to yourself as you can't even use a simple English word correctly.

You are a pathetic fascist pig!

You're a real frustrated nut. Maybe I can get the MCST to hire you to sweep our grounds :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Even if you're living in a semi-D, if you want to stand still and stretch your hand for a handout coz you're old, you're a loser!
I agree with this last statement.
People like that should be restructuring their personal balance sheet. They should not be asking for or getting any handouts. This post is not referring to them or meant for them at all.

It's ok not to be striving for anything, as long as you carry out your responsiblities and lead a good and decent life. Many people are poor and needy, not because they are irresponsible or stupid, but because they have been hit by some misfortune or sickness.

We know that you are comfortable with your life. So are many of us here.
When the stock market closes later, perhaps you and your spouse or daughter or niece (whoever you mean by "we") can take a walk outside and observe the karang guni men and the coffeeshop cleaners. Come back and tell us what you think.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
I just saw the oldest cleaner in the world at Bukit Panjang Plaza. He must have been at least 70-80 years old. No bull. Can't even walk probably. He was pushing his trolley and sweeping up the trash outside Startbucks.

I feel sad and embarrassed at the same time. Isn't this supposed to be a first world country?

It is no wonder that Singaporeans are not proud of their country.
Bro
I have seen 80 year olds too. Very sad and embarrassed.
Why did you come back from China to see this? I ask myself this same question sometimes, but I also know the answer.
Will always be proud of my country. The government? Not so much.

jw5

Loyal
So vote wisely for the coming elections. We will be in for another 5 years of bad governance by the PAP but after that, we will enter a new chapter in Singapore's history.
I agree, vote wisely, so that this country will be better for all Singaporeans, especially the poor and needy.
Don't care very much for any political party and any politicians, but the way I see it, there's no other way.

jw5

Loyal
Of all the replies, 888 couldn't put it more succinctly (thanks again for upping my points, cass888 :wink:)

Outliers, they are indeed, whilst something could be done to assist them, we have to face the reality of life in Singapore.

YOG a defining moment? aurv bro, I suggest you stop reading TR less often.

Singaporeans only care about property prices, holiday trips, and sending their kids to "enrichment" classes. That's the reality.
I've said before that I'm pessimistic where it comes to the typical Singaporean voter.
But it doesn't mean that I can't hope and try to persuade anyone and anytime I can.

As an individual, I have to admit that not every poor and needy person deserve to be helped. Some of them are rude and obnoxious and may have even caused their own problems. Hence, my contribution as an individual is merely a monthly contribution to NCSS and occasionally helping people whom I think are deserving of help.

But as a Singaporean, I expect the government to help every single poor and needy person. Especially the "quiet poor", not the "noisy poor". If it means that there's less resources for foreign sporting talent and dependents of foreigners working here, so be it.

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good to know jw5 walking the talk! :biggrin:

As an individual, I have to admit that not every poor and needy person deserve to be helped. Some of them are rude and obnoxious and may have even caused their own problems. Hence, my contribution as an individual is merely a monthly contribution to NCSS and occasionally helping people whom I think are deserving of help.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIQ2JxF_Kis

怒发冲冠凭栏处,潇潇雨歇。
抬望眼仰天长啸,壮怀激烈。
三十功名尘与土,八千里路云和月。
莫等闲白了少年头,空悲切。
want to vote, must vote for the opposition! dont wait till u r old then lan lan still work as cleaner!!! :oIo:
靖康耻犹未雪,臣子恨何时灭!
驾长车踏破贺兰山缺。
壮志饥餐胡虏肉,笑谈渴饮匈奴血。
待从头收拾旧山河,朝天阙。
chase those barbarian out!!! execute those traitors!!! instill peace and order to the country again!!! :oIo:

Last edited:

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
We need foriegners.This is a fact.
Our babies are getting lesser.Also a fact.
Most of the low level jobs ... most Singaporeans dont work.Also a fact.

But, what kind of foriegners we are taking in now???
By importing more foriegners cannot solve the root of the babies problem.
How come there are still alot of Old folks Singaporeans doing the dirty jobs in hawker centres if most Singaporeans dont work low level jobs???

maybe the opposition should use this as a topic to counter the PAP sia!!!

:smile: :smile: :smile:

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
We need foriegners.This is a fact.
Our babies are getting lesser.Also a fact.
Most of the low level jobs ... most Singaporeans dont work.Also a fact.

But, what kind of foriegners we are taking in now???
By importing more foriegners cannot solve the root of the babies problem.
How come there are still alot of Old folks Singaporeans doing the dirty jobs in hawker centres if most Singaporeans dont work low level jobs???

maybe the opposition should use this as a topic to counter the PAP sia!!!

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Let your new political party counter PAP lah

When are you registering your party?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like North Korea, Singapore Leegime is praticising nepotism all these decades. If you have all the wealth taken from ordinarly people to be shared only among the Lees families and relatives, it is rare to see Singaporeans living like millionaires. Even the most wealthy are still seen struggling and working hard to sustain that status. In nepotistic country, even moron borned in the familLEE are treated like KING AND QUEEN. Singapore ordinarly folks, talented or not, will forever make to bow to the LEEgime and being treated like dogs. Of course some PAP supporters rather be a dog and sell their dignity in exchange for greed. If Singapore falls, those pap dogs will be strayed. You can see them aplenty in ypap barking and calling others names and lesser mortals.

hoho99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well i would like to think that most of the problems with this country is not due to the influx of the Fts or lack of opp parties in the parliament.

Rather may I point you guys to the current education system in our country? It kept telling us this is our home and give us a sense of felling that we are superior than most of others in this region. However with so much tax money going into education for our young, not a single cent is spent in reminding us that we are going into globalisation and like it or not, just as we are able to easily access into foreign lands, foreign aliens can also easily cross into our land as well.

Once upon a time our forefathers are branded as aliens as well, however they manage to help in building this country and no one is complaining now. Right now our best bet is to recognise that we can no longer claim this land as our own alone and teach our young that in order to survive, look upon the world as your playground. Comparative advantage will not be constant anymore and thus, instead of letting people tell you how you can be useful, find people who need what you can offer and perhaps they will value you more.

pardon my english

Just my 2 cent worth

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've said before that I'm pessimistic where it comes to the typical Singaporean voter.
But it doesn't mean that I can't hope and try to persuade anyone and anytime I can.

But as a Singaporean, I expect the government to help every single poor and needy person. Especially the "quiet poor", not the "noisy poor". If it means that there's less resources for foreign sporting talent and dependents of foreigners working here, so be it.

Bro, if you have time go to Eunos Cres Blk 1 and 2 and see for yourself where this 2 blocks are situated. I ever asked a fellow developer why HDB doesn't enbloc these 2 blocks of flats plus further down another couple 1, 2 blocks which are rented out. These 2 blocks are prime. He told me these 2 blocks are not going to be enbloc and its to be solely for rental to the poor.