• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

General Help

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Foreign-owned Levy Malaysia

And oso meaning no buyer's stamp duty.. Since is consider as the 1st purchase in S'pore rite?

As long as you only have one and this is your first one in SG then you should be ok unless of course If you are buying HDB though, then it will be an issue.

pockaroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dog Friendly Condo

Anyone forummers here aware of any condo exisiting developments - old or new build - that is dog "friendly"? I am whereby the RC is ok with it?

Here is what I am thinking: I do respect local culture and will not bring the dog to walk witihin the condo compound. I can always put the dog in the car and drive outside the condo compound to do my walks.

Any inputs appreciated.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Dog Friendly Condo

I didn't know you can't walk your dog in condominiums? Just make sure you clean up after your pet.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anyone forummers here aware of any condo exisiting developments - old or new build - that is dog "friendly"? I am whereby the RC is ok with it?

Here is what I am thinking: I do respect local culture and will not bring the dog to walk witihin the condo compound. I can always put the dog in the car and drive outside the condo compound to do my walks.

Any inputs appreciated.

Landed house can be had at 500k rm and no one can harass u abt your dog. Forget abt condo.

pockaroo

Alfrescian
Loyal

I didn't know you can't walk your dog in condominiums? Just make sure you clean up after your pet.

In MY, you are not allowed to have dogs in any condo projects, much less to walk them inside the compound. That was why I asked about "dog friendly". So by right no, what about by left? In Penang, when we were living in a condo it was dog friendly. By right cannot, by left ok.

pockaroo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Landed house can be had at 500k rm and no one can harass u abt your dog. Forget abt condo.

Agreed. However, different people different requirements.

I am asking more out of curiosity. I got a SG friend who woke up not long ago that they cannot afford to retire in SG. So illusion shattered and was asking about moving to JB. Problem for him is he works full time and long hours while the wife is stay at home. Got 1 dog. No children. They want to move to a condo for peace of mind. Also they no need the extra space of a house.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agreed. However, different people different requirements.

I am asking more out of curiosity. I got a SG friend who woke up not long ago that they cannot afford to retire in SG. So illusion shattered and was asking about moving to JB. Problem for him is he works full time and long hours while the wife is stay at home. Got 1 dog. No children. They want to move to a condo for peace of mind. Also they no need the extra space of a house.

For their piece of mind this is really not advisable, given that Johor is a muslim majority state and it could potentially be ruled under Hudud laws if PAS wins. Even Bayou Water Village does not permit dogs in their strata landed properties... this is the stupidiest rule I've ever seen.

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal

Any inputs appreciated.

You may wish to look at this site, especially the last paragraph about pets:
http://www.mahsing.com.my/buyingtips_foreigners.htm

Hope this helps.

pockaroo

Alfrescian
Loyal

For their piece of mind this is really not advisable, given that Johor is a muslim majority state and it could potentially be ruled under Hudud laws if PAS wins. Even Bayou Water Village does not permit dogs in their strata landed properties... this is the stupidiest rule I've ever seen.

Yes, that BWV project is a weird one. I can't make sense of "why" when I looked at the project years ago. Lucky it is the one strata titled development that has this by-rule.

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Where to buy 3D canvas for painting?

Hi there, would appreciate if anyone can advise where to buy ready made 3D canvas for painting? I know there is one stationery shop at Pelangi sells made ready canvas but sizes not idea. Saw one custom made canvas not neatly done.
Thanks in advance :smile:

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi there, does anyone come across any shop that sells 3D made ready canvas for painting? There is one stationery shop at Pelangi but no suitable size available. Saw one custom made 3D canvas but it was not neatly done. Thanks in advance :smile:

oratedar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really great help from this forum. Thanks to all. I will be planning to join you guys soon. Maybe by end of the year.

Morpheus

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi there, would appreciate if anyone can advise where to buy ready made 3D canvas for painting? I know there is one stationery shop at Pelangi sells made ready canvas but sizes not idea. Saw one custom made canvas not neatly done.
Thanks in advance :smile:

Don't know but u can google for it.

kengheng23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Foreign-owned Levy Malaysia

anyone of you know where is the nearest place to pay cukai harta near bt indah,can i have the exact address thank you very much