• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

General Help

dumb1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: How many beer or liquor can I buy from the Duty Free - The Zon?

Prohibited Goods

You are not allowed to bring in goods that are prohibited under Singapore laws.
The list of prohibited goods includes (but not limited to):

Chewing gum (except oral dental and medicated gum)
Chewing tobacco and imitation tobacco products (e.g. electronic cigarettes, etc)
Cigarette lighters of pistol or revolver shape
Controlled drugs and psychotropic substances
Endangered species of wildlife and their by-products
Firecrackers
Obscene articles, publications, video tapes/discs and software
Reproduction of copyright publications, video tapes, video compact discs, laser discs, records or cassettes
Seditious and treasonable materials
It is an offence if you attempt to bring any of the items listed above into Singapore

You can bring in cig or beer or liquor but not above items. Just need to pay duties and gst.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

You can bring in cig or beer or liquor but not above items. Just need to pay duties and gst.

No. I meant buy from duty free The Zon then bring back home in Johor....? If have to finish the whole bottle of liquor there in The Zon doesn't make sense....? If can buy back how good? Btw my roots is in Malaysia....

Last edited:

allanckk

Alfrescian
Loyal
RE: Foreign-owned Levy Malaysia

hi Sister and brother,

Do i need to pay a Foreign-owned Levy if i have change my citizen become non-Malaysia Citizen. Please advice. thank you so much....:smile::smile:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Foreign-owned Levy Malaysia

hi Sister and brother,

Do i need to pay a Foreign-owned Levy if i have change my citizen become non-Malaysia Citizen. Please advice. thank you so much....:smile::smile:

Not required, to yr question directly.

allanckk

Alfrescian
Loyal

hi Potter,

but the deveoper lawyer told me that and ask me to sign some document to say that in future if i change my malaysia citizen to singporean i would required to to bear the Foreign-owned levy is that true?

allanckk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not required, to yr question directly.

Ok. but the developer lawyer is asking me to sign an document and say in future if change the citizen i would need to bare the Foreign-owned Levy is that true???

Sweeve

Alfrescian
Loyal

hi allan,

as far as I know, when u relinquish ur msian citizenship, u have to sell all property in msia.

allanckk

Alfrescian
Loyal

hi Sweeve,

is that true.... in this case how is M2H scehem work for..?? how can the foreigner buy the house in malaysia? you mean this will only apply to these malaysian who give us their citizen then they have to sell away their property??

Sweeve

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi allan,

just sharing with you what i know.

i have a few ex-malaysians (now SG citizens) friends. When they took up SG citizenship and relinquish their msian citizenship, they told me that they have to sell all their msian property as mandated by the govt/law or something to that extent. datz all i heard from them.

i'm no expert on msian property regulations, i suggest mayb u engage ur own lawyer and seek clarification. also, whatever the regulations in place today can be amended/changed in future. do take this into consideration.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Buy DVD

em60.gif shi....follow me..

frenzyguy

tenant screening background check

I own a small complex and recently lost a tenant because she was moving out of city. . I had two people,the first of the two had decent credit however the second applicant had outstanding credit and a higher income I ran both applicants tenant screening background check. However a few days after that I began getting calls from the first applicant claiming discrimination. They have threatened to take me to court.

Do I need to worry if He tries to take me to court?

cyenwong

Are you buying alot?
Disclaimer: Do this at your own risk - put in car trunk, then place 1/2 rm10 note on your stuff. When checked, go down open trunk, see if they take. If they do problem solved; else, some good one will go to counter issue you rm10/20 GST invoice (which means it doesn't go into their own pocket) n let you go.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: tenant screening background check

I own a small complex and recently lost a tenant because she was moving out of city. . I had two people,the first of the two had decent credit however the second applicant had outstanding credit and a higher income I ran both applicants tenant screening background check. However a few days after that I began getting calls from the first applicant claiming discrimination. They have threatened to take me to court.

If you did not take any kind of deposit and signed anything nor made any verbal promises to rent to only them, then i don't think you have any issues to be concerned about. Seek legal advice if necessary but don't be intimidated.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: tenant screening background check

Ask him/her/it to fuck off. If I were you, I would rather leave my unit vacant rather than rent to him/her/it even if he/she/it has excellent rating and offers a higher rent.

linked

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tenant recontract

Hi not sure where should I post this but my tenant wants to continue renting my jb house for another year so should I get agent to recontract or should I make an agreement based on the former contract, thanks in advance for any advices.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Tenant recontract

depends whether you want to go through the agent or save the agent fee to renew directly with the tenant..last time my friend renew the tenancy directly with tenant for her KL rental apt..

linked

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Tenant recontract

depends whether you want to go through the agent or save the agent fee to renew directly with the tenant..last time my friend renew the tenancy directly with tenant for her KL rental apt..
Thank for your reply ginfreely mind to elaborate whether she make any document if renew the tenancy directly with tenant.