• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

General Help

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Tenant recontract

Thank for your reply ginfreely mind to elaborate whether she make any document if renew the tenancy directly with tenant.

Document? You mean the tenancy agreement? That is a must and in order for the tenancy agreement to have legal effect, you need to stamp it. In SG, the tenant will pay for the stamp duty of the tenancy agreement, same for Msia according to this website.
http://www.start-investing.com/Mala...ent/Procedure-to-stamp-tenancy-agreement.html

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recommended Books for Property Investment in Malaysia

Anyone had Recommended Books for Property Investment in Malaysia ?

I think the books written by Ho Chin Soon (Bk 1 to 5) is good.

tigerbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Recommended Books for Property Investment in Malaysia

Anyone had Recommended Books for Property Investment in Malaysia ?

I think the books written by Ho Chin Soon (Bk 1 to 5) is good.

Ehm... but his book full of others non relevant stuff inside..

There are few books that u can refer
1. author : Renesial Leong (http://www.property-queen.com/books.html ) - My first property investment book
2.author: Faizul ( http://www.mphonline.com/books/nsearchdetails.aspx?&pcode=9789675945106 ) Top seller now in MPH. His concept is good but his game plan is to focus low and middle condos for yields play.
3.author : Gavin Tee ( but mainly chinese version )

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal

HO CHIN SOON, he touches on the brand other than usual location , price in his first book which I agree. Very few people mention about it.
Other good point is Centre of gravity he explain it all.

Renessial Leong book is good as well esp. tenants management.

I had yet to read Faizul books.

Read Gavin Tee articles before. Seems like he is bullish on every thing.

Another recommendation is Aziza Alia book " The millionaire landlord ".

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Check out this upcoming book.

"SMART PROPERTY INVESTORS KNOW THE LAW" by Ms Elizabeth Siew Wai Kit.

I had ordered for one. It contains the essential legal info for property investment in Malaysia.

The vendor is as follows: (for those interested)

Silver Pen Star Sdn. Bhd. (Co. No. 1003246-P)
F-3A-18, IOI Boulevard, Jalan Kenari 5
Bandar Puchong Jaya
47170 Puchong, Selangor, Malaysia

T: 603-8075 0901 F: 603-8075 0903

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal

There is a book sold in Malaysia Bookstore.

Title : 100 ways to save tax in Malaysia for property investors. But unfortunately, it is not avaliable in the National Library.

Another good book to educate Malaysia property investors.

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Some property investor books I purchase as I refer to them regularly.

Tips on cheap books, buy them in seminar for a lower price. I once get Ho Chin Soon Book 1 ~4 free at a local property seminar. Having said that, be careful of what seminar speaker says, their motive is to sell, not help you to make gains (often they are very " motivated" speakers and meant to brain-wash the audience".

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal

In Malaysia, there is a lot of guidelines stated for property/foreign investment. These so-called "guidelines" allows exception if you tries hard enough. So be careful, a lot of these rules or guidelines can apply or not apply all depends..Just careful..

IskandarM

Re: How many beer or liquor can I buy from the Duty Free - The Zon?

I am meeting someone coming in from Spore at north bound (Gelang Patah north) Rest area.
If I am driving from JB towards 2nd link CIQ, where shall I u-turn to north-bound side of highway without going into the CIQ complex?

is there a U-turn just before going into the CIQ complex proper?

Or

I see from the map maybe should be somewhere near Exit 313 going to Port of Tg Pelapas.(PTP)
Can I get back in the opposite direction without going all the way to PTP?

Asssitance much appreciated!

NUSADUTA5

Alfrescian
Loyal
selling property in jb

Dear all,
For selling landed house.in jb
1] if seller only can sign snp in.aug,bcos of rpgt after 2 yrs 10%,buyer want seller sign option form now,can sign ?
2]is gd to use buyer lawyer to do all.doc ?save cost
3]can request agent to arg meet w buyer on the day of signing option to.purchase?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: selling property in jb

Dear all,
For selling landed house.in jb
1] if seller only can sign snp in.aug,bcos of rpgt after 2 yrs 10%,buyer want seller sign option form now,can sign ?
2]is gd to use buyer lawyer to do all.doc ?save cost
3]can request agent to arg meet w buyer on the day of signing option to.purchase?

1. Yes you can but get your lawyer to look at the document. Ask for it first and then after getting it checked, then you sign.
2. Yes you can but unless you know the owner, else best to get your own lawyer.
3. Yes you can.

klsg5800

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Foreign-owned Levy Malaysia

That's not true. I have friends who retain their MY properties. Yes, MY properties can be retained but next time when sell it will be taxed at foreigner rates and subject to foreigner regulation (more process).

i have a few ex-malaysians (now SG citizens) friends. When they took up SG citizenship and relinquish their msian citizenship, they told me that they have to sell all their msian property ...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

That's not true. I have friends who retain their MY properties. Yes, MY properties can be retained but next time when sell it will be taxed at foreigner rates and subject to foreigner regulation (more process).

The only difference should be the state consent but the RGPT is the same regardless.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hello all bro, sister, horrify traffic jams at woodland n tuas crosssway n agressive drivers cutting queue at peak hrs & M'sia custom open limited booths. What is the best travel time on week day n holiday. God bless y all...

Woodlands is way below capacity. Tuas will hit maximum capacity in 2014. Solution? ERP.

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal

Would like to know at current policy..
Let's say a S'porean who currently own M'sia pty & do not own any S'pore pty, and if wish to purchase a S'pore pty..
In this case our gov is consider it as 1st pty or 2nd pty??

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Would like to know at current policy..
Let's say a S'porean who currently own M'sia pty & do not own any S'pore pty, and if wish to purchase a S'pore pty..
In this case our gov is consider it as 1st pty or 2nd pty??

For private property in Singapore it doesn't matter. As long as it is not your 2nd loan in Singapore.