• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gardens By The Bay

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Better that they cripple the PAP by taking out the key minions. Instead of capitalizing on voter frustration to win a few more seats.

If I have a vote at certain GRCs or SMCs, even the opposition coalition send their A team, I still won't vote for them.

PS, if you think the PAP government is distressed by the loss of GY, then you probably don't realize who is valuable to the Ruling Elite.

Yes, the Alternative Parties must try to contest in all Constituencies...send strong teams to TP, AMK, MP, PR GRCs...make the pap , LHL, TCH sweat at the next GE...the APs shd try to take TP, MP PR and AMK GRCs.

the next GE will be interesting for SG and the PAP. it will chart the poltical landscape of SG because of the failures of the pap in recent years. It's a God sent opportunity for the APs.

Will it be judgement time?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Flower%20Dome%20at%20Gardens%20by%20the%20Bay,%20Singapore.%20Painting%20by%20Singapore%20Artist,%20Prabhakara%20Jimmy%20Quek..jpg

this is the flower dome - air conditioned and very beautiful....

thi was not what I saw...where did you get this pic from?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
being to the flower dome, the cloud forest and OCBC skyway.
by the way, tell me what did you wear on that day, maybe i can find in some of my pictures.

that day when I was there, there were some groups of senior citizens and the weather was hot...I was in a red Siren short, so it was quite easy to spot me

jw5

Loyal
Yes, we need to tell the pap we do not condone how it governs SG..vote LHL, TCH and Tharman out of parliament in the next GE

YES! Vote as many pap candidates as possible out of parliament in the next GE!!!

The government MUST be more accountable and transparent with their spending!!!

PS: Towards 1000 posts! :biggrin:

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The government MUST be more accountable and transparent with their spending!!!

Yes, why do you think I am angry that the pap wasted $1B on GBTB for flowers, plants and two buildings? and the same govt was so stingy on helping the poor? $1.83B for MCYS for the whole year?

jw5

Loyal
Yes, why do you think I am angry that the pap wasted $1B on GBTB for flowers, plants and two buildings? and the same govt was so stingy on helping the poor? $1.83B for MCYS for the whole year?

It is damn appalling.

Bloody skyline and gardens more important than people. Especially those who have worked their guts out all their lives, but due to illness or some misfortune, need help. :(

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is damn appalling.

Bloody skyline and gardens more important than people. Especially those who have worked their guts out all their lives, but due to illness or some misfortune, need help. :(

yes, appalling...many sigaporeans are sick and poor due to health reasons and not due to their own doing. the pap can spend S$20B on suzhou, squandered $20B on bad investments, S$1B+ on attack helicopters, S$1B+ on F15s, S$1B+ on submarines, S$1B+ on tanks, $1B+ on GBTB, etc and sting on money for the poor, orphans, aged and sick

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is damn appalling.

All singaporeans paid taxes, etc to the govt acording to their ability..the rich pays more and the poor pays less. it is the govt who is the wealth leveller...we must not allow the govt to absolve itself from taking care of singaporeans in sickness, in poverty and in unfortunate circumstances.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
yes, appalling...many sigaporeans are sick and poor due to health reasons and not due to their own doing. the pap can spend S$20B on suzhou, squandered $20B on bad investments, S$1B+ on attack helicopters, S$1B+ on F15s, S$1B+ on submarines, S$1B+ on tanks, $1B+ on GBTB, etc and sting on money for the poor, orphans, aged and sick

This government has done a poor job and their mps need to be voted out as soon as possible.

Their sycophants, including the internet brigade (IB) are also responsible. Shame on them!!!! :mad:

applei

Alfrescian
Loyal
It costs that much because the maintenance for the flowers and its infrastructure is steep. Not forgetting to include research and future exhibitions and themes for the flowers and plants...

How do you and the rest who had visited like it there? The cloud forest at night reminded me of some sci-fic space place.

The annual pass is a worthy piece which allows one to go in tap-tap as if going for a subway ride.

That place isnt as big as I hope for.

I visited the Gardens By The Bay yesterday. That place costs S$1B? Someone has grossly profiteered from this project. I wonder whether it was GLCs or TLCs which were in charge of the project.

Any comments?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This government has done a poor job and their mps need to be voted out as soon as possible.

Their sycophants, including the internet brigade (IB) are also responsible. Shame on them!!!! :mad:

agree..our next chance is at the next GE..Let's not squander that opportunity. or else we have to suffer for another five years

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It costs that much because the maintenance for the flowers and its infrastructure is steep. Not forgetting to include research and future exhibitions and themes for the flowers and plants...

S$1B is to build..maintenance is not part of that capital expenditure.

maintenance comes under recurring or operating expenidture which works out to be S$1m per week

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How do you and the rest who had visited like it there? The cloud forest at night reminded me of some sci-fic space place.

The annual pass is a worthy piece which allows one to go in tap-tap as if going for a subway ride.

if you had read my posts, you will know that I consider GBTB as very ordinary and wont want to go there again for a long while.

why do I want to buy an annual pass when I wont probably visit it again for at least the next five years.