• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gardens By The Bay

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I personally thought the last GE was going to be Judgement Day. But it was an utter disappointment. After Nomination Day, my heart sank.:(

let's hope that the Alternative Parties can come together and fight the pap, rather than to indulge in petty posturing like what Desmond Lim did during GE 2011 and what Tan Kin Lian did during PE 2011.

Opposition personality differences shd be reconciled for the sake of defeating the great evil

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ohhh..why did your heart sink?.....

I hope that for the next GE, all constituencies will be contested and only straight fights...i dont see how the pap can have strong teams in all GRCs..the pap's weakness will be exposed

Precisely so Tracy. I thought at long last, there would be a good battle...but alas:(

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Precisely so Tracy. I thought at long last, there would be a good battle...but alas:(

but for GE 2011...the battle was good..it gave the pap a big fright

so no disappointment there..in fact kudos to the Opposition candidates and SG voters.

I thought the pap suffered a big slap during GE 2011. It became a hard tight slap during PE 2011.

Will it be a knock out blow at the next GE??

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
but for GE 2011...the battle was good..it gave the pap a big fright

so no disappointment there..in fact kudos to the Opposition candidates and SG voters.

I thought the pap suffered a big slap during GE 2011. It became a hard tight slap during PE 2011.

Will it be a knock out blow at the next GE??

I think they are trying very hard to win the lost ground. If they play the right cards and get the right people, the game is still theirs.But there are so many issues they have to iron out before the next GE. It is not going to be easy. They have to soften their approach and reduce their hard tactics. It's anybody's game now ....But the Opposition have to put their act together and not to have moles who appear out of the blue and spoil the image . The public is getting more sensitive to silly behaviour and they don't tolerate nonsensical antics anymore. So the appproach has to be right ....:smile:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think they are trying very hard to win the lost ground. If they play the right cards and get the right people, the game is still theirs.But there are so many issues they have to iron out before the next GE. It is not going to be easy. They have to soften their approach and reduce their hard tactics. It's anybody's game now ....But the Opposition have to put their act together and not to have moles who appear out of the blue and spoil the image . The public is getting more sensitive to silly behaviour and they don't tolerate nonsensical antics anymore. So the appproach has to be right ....:smile:

good points.

the pap is in retreat. so so many big booboos recently, the pap suffers from a credibility problem. It has a problem with talent recruitment. being associated with the pap these days is tantamount to be diseased.

but the Opposition Parties cant let their guards down..

they have to watch out for spoilers and be mindful of pap moles in their midst at the next GE

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
they have to watch out for spoilers and be mindful of pap moles in their midst at the next GE

I totally agreed. Tracy, you are very politically savvy. Don't be angry ok? Are you related to Sumiko ? To the Chua Sisters?

Last edited:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Tracy, you handled abuses and vulgarities very well. I admired the way you kept your sanity and did not lose your senses. Is there a secret?

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
what is better to you? can state them in more concrete terms? so that we have targets to aim for

haHA...so many issues to be tackled and to be solved. as long as the people are happy, as long as the economy is growing, as long as this little dot can survive....i am quite happy really. targets have been written in more serious forums and blogs, i think i am not in a position to spell them all out here...i want a happy singapore ...that's my target....

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hope things will change for the better.

for me...i hope that the next GE will:

1. see pap getting less than 50% of the votes
2. Five PAP heavyweight losing at the polls (LHL, GCT, LSS, VB, TCH)
3. LKY not featured...either dead or retired from politics
4. PAP losing at least 5 GRCs (AMK, East Coast, Tanjong pagar, Pasir Ris, Holland)
5. PAP losing Joo Chiat, potong Pasir, Mountbatten SMCs
6. SDP winning two GRCs, WP winning three GRCs, NSP winning one GRC , RP winning one GRC

am I too optimistic?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
haHA...so many issues to be tackled and to be solved. as long as the people are happy, as long as the economy is growing, as long as this little dot can survive....i am quite happy really. targets have been written in more serious forums and blogs, i think i am not in a position to spell them all out here...i want a happy singapore ...that's my target....

it's good that you want a happy Singapore.

I want that too..
but the way the pap is governing and managing Singapore, do you think SG and Singaporeans will ever be happy?

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Small steps. The most optimistic forecast would be to threaten the 2/3 majority. If this can be taken, the road to an orderly transition will be paved. The real danger is if the PAP clings on to the current kind of lop sized majority with such a small share of the popular vote. With the looming demographic change, it opens the door to a sudden destabilizing collapse.

for me...i hope that the next GE will:

1. see pap getting less than 50% of the votes
2. Five PAP heavyweight losing at the polls (LHL, GCT, LSS, VB, TCH)
3. LKY not featured...either dead or retired from politics
4. PAP losing at least 5 GRCs (AMK, East Coast, Tanjong pagar, Pasir Ris, Holland)
5. PAP losing Joo Chiat, potong Pasir, Mountbatten SMCs
6. SDP winning two GRCs, WP winning three GRCs, NSP winning one GRC , RP winning one GRC

am I too optimistic?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Small steps. The most optimistic forecast would be to threaten the 2/3 majority. If this can be taken, the road to an orderly transition will be paved. The real danger is if the PAP clings on to the current kind of lop sized majority with such a small share of the popular vote. With the looming demographic change, it opens the door to a sudden destabilizing collapse.

good analysis...if Singaporeans allow the pap to continue with its present mismanagement , the crumbling of SG is imminent