• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Future Of Singapore

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am pointing out to your claims about Australian racism making the place unattractive for immigrants. Fact is many Singaporeans and Malaysians have successfully moved there and settled down.

I shall end my discourse with you today. Your low intelligence is an assault on my brains.

Well said...

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my opinion, those who can't make it in Singapore are the losers. Do a self-searching and blame on yourself instead. Otherwise, go elsewhere and see if you can do any better at your host country, which I strongly doubt so and you jolly well know it within yourself. Otherwise, you would have left long ago already.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
That I admit he's an idiot. I also don't see him contributing much to the nation during his term.

Do you think LSS has done much to deserve $2m a year for the past 10years?

Do you know how much GCT got a year as SM for doing nothing and without a Ministry to run?

Do you think Lim Boon Heng did much to earn that kind of salary?

and we have NUS MBA earning $2k+ a month

After getting paid $2m a year, LSS has the audacity to tell low wage Singaporeans to be cheaper, faster and betterer.

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you think LSS has done much to deserve $2m a year for the past 10years?

Do you know how much GCT got a year as SM for doing nothing and without a Ministry to run?

Do you think Lim Boon Heng did much to earn that kind of salary?

and we have NUS MBA earning $2k+ a month

After getting paid $2m a year, LSS can tell low wage Singaporeans to be cheaper, faster and betterer.

No wonder SG is dying because we are so cheap that we dont have money to support the retail industry

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
After getting paid $2m a year, LSS can tell low wage Singaporeans to be cheaper, faster and betterer.

No wonder SG is dying because we are so cheap that we dont have money to support the retail industry
You seem to be very sore about their salaries. But can you do anything against it, other than show it through your vote? Why waste time on something which you can't possibly change? Concentrate on how to improve yourself and make more money for yourself instead. This would be a more efficient and better proposal instead of continuously harping day in and day out on what you can't really change. Be a winner, not a loser.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
You seem to be very sore about their salaries. But can you do anything against it, other than show it through your vote? Why waste time on something which you can't possibly change? Concentrate on how to improve yourself and make more money for yourself instead. This would be a more efficient and better proposal instead of continuously harping day in and day out on what you can't really change. Be a winner, not a loser.

You are myopic. I am not against their salaries. But i am against them begrudging Singaporeans who earn $1k and the pap wants to deny them a salary increase to $1.2k when they pay themselves $2m a year

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are myopic. I am not against their salaries. But i am against them begrudging Singaporeans who earn $1k and the pap wants to deny them a salary increase to $1.2k when they pay themselves $2m a year
I don't know where you get your facts, but even if it's true, always don't overly depend on the government for your survival. This is what I'll always tell myself. Nobody owes me a living. If I can make it rich myself, it's my eventual prize and pride. Otherwise, think of ways and means to achieve it. You only live once.

Just like the CPF system. I also don't like the way which they dictate on the use of my CPF at 55 years old, as after all, it's my money. But what can I do? Even if the next government will come in, it may not necessarily abandon this ruling. So, work around it and think of ways to fully exploit whatever you have remaining on the CPF.

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know where you get your facts.

'I refer to the article “Town council cleaners get more pay now” (Straits Times, Feb 21).

It states that ”North West District Mayor Teo Ho Pin, who spearheaded and coordinated the initiative, said on Monday that full-time cleaners now earn about $1,000 a month on average, compared to about $750 before the scheme was launched in 2008”.

Wages fell from $1,277 to $750?

According to the article “Mindset change needed to help low-wage workers” (Straits Times, Feb 7), in 2000, the median gross wage for cleaners and labourers was $1,277. By 2010, it fell to $960. For cleaners of industrial buildings, the median gross wage is even lower, at around $600 in 2010.

Real wage fell 38% in 10 years?

After accounting for inflation for the last decade or so, I estimate that in year 2000 dollars, the average $1,000 pay of town council cleaners is equivalent to only about $787 in 2000 dollars. So, what this may mean is that the real pay of cleaners has declined by about 38 per cent in the last 10 years or so.

Well done – town councils?

Hence, instead of giving ourselves a pat on the back that we managed to increase the average pay of cleaners from $750 three years ago to $1,000 now, we should be taking urgent action to address the problem of declining wages for lower-income workers in Singapore."

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just like the CPF system. I also don't like the way which they dictate on the use of my CPF at 55 years old, as after all, it's my money. But what can I do? Even if the next government will come in, it may not necessarily abandon this ruling. So, work around it and think of ways to fully exploit whatever you have remaining on the CPF.

You think only for yourself and as long as pap's evils dont affect you, you are ok with those evils

I think like an activist. I think how pap's evils affect Singaporeans. And I speak up against those evils whether they affect me or not. FTs taking away Singaporeans jobs dont affect me, but I speak up. GCT's idiocy doesnt affect me but I speak up. I am comfortable and can go wherever I want but I speak up against what pap has done wrong

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
You think only for yourself and as long as pap's evils dont affect you, you are ok with those evils

I think like an activist. I think how pap's evils affect Singaporeans. And I speak up against those evils whether they affect me or not. FTs taking away Singaporeans jobs dont affect me, but I speak up. GCT's idiocy doesnt affect me but I speak up. I am comfortable and can go wherever I want but I speak up against what pap has done wrong
So, have you achieve your motive? Is the PAP doomed for a downfall at the next GE? Are those people whom you speak up for knows how noble you are? Are they benefiting from your actions? No...... So why waste your time and resources? Just take care of yourself and your family is your first priority. Sorry, but that's how the real society works. If possible, I'll nominate you to be Singapore's next PM, but I can 100% assure you, it won't be an easy job.

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
'I refer to the article “Town council cleaners get more pay now” (Straits Times, Feb 21).
On the same context, the conservancy charges will have to be correspondingly increased and you'll start getting the majority of the affected people to kpkb on this as well. It's not easy to please everyone.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
So, have you achieve your motive? Is the PAP doomed for a downfall at the next GE? Are those people whom you speak up for knows how noble you are? Are they benefiting from your actions? No...... So why waste your time and resources? Just take care of yourself and your family is your first priority. Sorry, but that's how the real society works.

Thanks for your advice. My family is very well. I am very well. That's why I have time and resources to look and digest pap's policies. It is a Singaporean's duty to expose pap's lies

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the same context, the conservancy charges will have to be correspondingly increased and you'll start getting the majority of the affected people to kpkb on this as well. It's not easy to please everyone.

hahaha...you are really naive and believe pap's lies whole sale. If pap is diligent and does its duty carefully, it will not squander away tax payers' money and dont have to pay contractors commission. such savings can be translated into pay increase for the cleaners.

There are many ways to employ cleaners directly and pay them decent pay without having to pay PAP crony contractors a commission.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your advice. My family is very well. I am very well. That's why I have time and resources to look and digest pap's policies. It is a Singaporean's duty to expose pap's lies

PAP is paying very good money to contractors for services. Do you know who are the contractors who win PAP contracts?

Have you heard of Victor Wong? He is just the tip of the iceberg

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

During LKY's time, PWD and HDB employ cleaners directly. These cleaners work for PWD and HDB and are paid well.

Nowadays, pap want contractors to bid for cleaning services. PAP pays these contractors good money. The contractors will pay the cleaners low pay and keep the rest. Do you know that the contractors pay cleaners as low as $18 a day for 10hrs work?

Why is pap allowing such blatant exploitation?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...you are really naive and believe pap's lies whole sale. If pap is diligent and does its duty carefully, it will not squander away tax payers' money and dont have to pay contractors commission. such savings can be translated into pay increase for the cleaners.

There are many ways to employ cleaners directly and pay them decent pay without having to pay PAP crony contractors a commission.
On the same context again, Opposition AHTC could use your recommendation and should then be able save and pass on the vast savings to the residents in their constituencies? But I remembered it's only very marginal and almost negligible, if any.