• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Friends & Boys

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was engaged in a hearty and spirited debate with my best friend, Sue, yesterday, over dinner and drinks at Chijmes. She said she is leading a fabulous social life, having many friends, online and offline.

I reiterated fervidly that it is not quantity that matters ~ but quality friendships.

She somewhat disagreed. She insisted that having more friends equate, or generally correlate to a better quantitative and qualitative social life. She said ~ and I remember this vividly even now as I pen this post ~ “…with connections thru my friends, I gain much more …”.

Well, we agree to disagree for the sake of our best friendship for years since school days where we would giggle and ogle at cute rugby and swimming boys from ACS and RI.

Well, to side-track a little, you can call me an elitist. I believe that most of the neighbourhood school boys just couldn't make the cut, in terms of intelligence, wealth, gentlemanly conduct, or simply the way they dress and or speak.

To me (even back then), a secondary school boy who cannot articulate well is probably one that is (most likely) unable to convince others about his point of view, much less able to make it to the above average echelon of wage earners in this globalised world. The "lahs", "this one", "that one", "meh", “leh”, "I think", “this hor”, “that hor”, “Jirow”, etc … “murdered” any little interest I had in them, even when I was a 16 years old girl.

Look no further than this forum. I see a lot of these characters who behave like ruffians and duds from both "warring" factions in this forum the last few days. I have been in and out of here, refrain from making any post, as it will be meaningless for anyone to seriously digest anything, if at all, with all these louts parading their inane and obtuse remarks one after another. And yes, I do mind my online pen name being dragged through the m&d, which is why I stayed away, occasionally popping in to see if this incongruous insanity has ceased. Today, it seems “quieter” and hopefully will stay as such.

I wonder if we can "exorcise" these dysfunctional and degenerative men (probably and most likely neighbourhood school boys) in this forum. I doubt, as it would involve "cremating" these crass freaks and wasting precious resources we have on this planet. Even the pyre used for incinerating bodies is more precious than what is left in the grey matter between their ears.

I guess when a person has low intellect, downtrodden and writing like an octopedal mutant, responding to every senseless challenge ∼ they are usually devoid of a brain of their own, probably having nothing to lose, not even the little reputation (if any) that they may have. So be it. Do continue your drivel and continue swimming down in the bottomless black hole of muddy turd where you probably feel most comfortable at home.

My apologies for being brutally honest, but I absolutely believe that learning and development when young is critical and directly proportionate to one's future success. Of course there would be exceptions, but they are few and far between. You can't expect us, women, to gamble away our lifelong stability and comfort, hoping that a neighbourhood school boy falls into these few and rare exception cases.

Look at the men here, yes, right here in this forum ∼ behaving like some of these single cell diseased amoeba mutants, bent on revenge, spamming and passing egotistically redundant comments, parading their “paid conquests” over women as some prized trophy . I really pity the women that have been hitched with them all these years.

Well, relying on luck to be with the correct man is never my forte and I would always advise young girls whom I meet not to do so as well. I often tell them that it is important to start on a good grounding, for instance, why start with a man with a Toyota when there are BMW, Audi, Merc and Bentleys around. The lower the category strata you start with a man, the "upgrade" becomes more challenging in future. Most never make it. Such is life. Call me an elite, bitch or a snob. It really doesn't matter. It is your prerogative.

Well, back to the crux of my post. More or less friends? Which is better?

Unlike Sue, I believe in having less friends who are close, dependable and most important ~ trusted confidants of my inner self ∼ my likes, dislikes, fears, etc.

With my closest knit of few friends, we are ourselves. We speak the same "language". We have our own jargons that no one understand but us. For instance, even our monthly visitation of cramps is denoted as "I can't do spa this week, I am "panging".

I guess one of the most important and pertinent reason why I have few close friends is trust. For instance, with Sue, I can be who I am.

I can curse, swear and even degrade a man whom I met to a diabolical obtuse toad or a woman colleague to a dry-skinned scleroderma infected albino lizard. And I am sure this devious gossip stays within us, and no one else. We can also chat about how we “placate” the men we are with, exchanging views without the risk of being labelled as some “economy’ girls.

Last but not least, we can agree to disagree without rocking the foundation of our years of friendship, even on this very issue of whether more or few friends is better.

I am sure you have your views. Hopefully, I can learn from some of your experiences. I believe that there are handful of guys here who are sensible and level headed, having the intellect with decent articulation to challenge my views. If so, please do.

PS : Forgive me for the “flippant” subject header. I had meant to write about “Friends”, solely based on my discussion with Sue last night, but couldn’t help myself when I see so much drivel the last few days.

I just couldn’t help myself from deviating while writing this piece. When I finished, I thought “Friends and Boys” is probably more “apt” than otherwise.

Apologies and have an awesome week ahead. :smile:

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
aha, your friend Sue is clearly either an insurance agent, a financial planner, a business broker, a property agent or a pimp that she firmly believes in ....
... “…with connections thru my friends, I gain much more …”.
, which is a way to exploit the friendship for her own benefit, materially and financially ...

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aha, your friend Sue is clearly either an insurance agent, a financial planner, a business broker, a property agent or a pimp that she firmly believes in ...., which is a way to exploit the friendship for her own benefit, materially and financially ...

Don't suka suka come in here. This thread is meant for atas people. It is similar to doors at the showroom of Rolls Royce. I suggest you visit Geely showroom.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
To me (even back then), a secondary school boy who cannot articulate well is probably one that is (most likely) unable to convince others about his point of view, much less able to make it to the above average echelon of wage earners in this globalised world. The "lahs", "this one", "that one", "meh", “leh”, "I think", “this hor”, “that hor”, “Jirow”, etc … “murdered” any little interest I had in them, even when I was a 16 years old girl.

These street wise ah bengs are the ones to surge ahead if given the right guidance and opportunities. Those book worms and nerdy boys cannot make it in the real world without connections and their papas' helping hands.

Look at LHL. Could he make it to become PM on his own effort to sway local sinkies to support him?

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... “…with connections thru my friends, I gain much more …” ...
according 2 game theory, 1's gains results in losses 4 ze other participants ...

ur so-called best fren is juz another self-serving biatch ... she is oni interested in wat she can benefit from others ... stay far far away from her ...

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
**clap** **clap**
Claire u really can write n put in alot effort.
Do u know where ranjiao meng is?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are proven scroobal clone with obsession on albino. Nobody else has such inclination to even think about albino let alone keep using albino to insult.

"I can curse, swear and even degrade a man whom I met to a diabolical obtuse toad or a woman colleague to a dry-skinned scleroderma infected albino lizard."

rurouni

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are proven scroobal clone with obsession on albino. Nobody else has such inclination to even think about albino let alone keep using albino to insult.

"I can curse, swear and even degrade a man whom I met to a diabolical obtuse toad or a woman colleague to a dry-skinned scleroderma infected albino lizard."
You mean just because "Claire" used the word "albino" against a woman, therefore "she" is GoldenDragon's clone? :eek: :confused: :*:

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was engaged in a hearty and spirited debate with my best friend, Sue, yesterday, over dinner and drinks at Chijmes. She said she is leading a fabulous social life, having many friends, online and offline.

I reiterated fervidly that it is not quantity that matters ~ but quality friendships. ...

It's all about definition, dear. What's your definition of a friend? Give it a broad based definition and you have loads of them. Try a narrower definition and your friends list will suddenly trickle down to a handful at most. Makes sense? :smile:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

power ! i like.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mean just because "Claire" used the word "albino" against a woman, therefore "she" is GoldenDragon's clone? :eek: :confused: :*:

Which part I said just because? I give one example means just because? I also said before another reason is her appearance at opportune time.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can take the chap out of Sammboy but you can never take Sammyboy out of the chap.... Good for you Ramseth... At least you're still able to log in to SBF from the Netherworld this time as Claire.. Many Bros here miss you... RIP Ah Ram..

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which part I said just because? I give one example means just because? I also said before another reason is her appearance at opportune time.

Lau ah qua shouldnt be jealous when you face some competition in this forum with a real char bor with class. Got it?