• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Free Resume Writing Service

Angelo

Alfrescian
Loyal
guys pls do not doubt Resume_Assist's kind intentions as he had to sacrifice his time and energy to help others organize their clutter, ppl he didn't event know.

Im one of the sixth and i must admit my resume looks much better again, thanks for your time pal.

resume_assist

Alfrescian
Loyal
My thanks to bros Maxtor and Angelo who has expressed their appreciation. Am glad to help.

My modus operandi is simple. Show me what you have now (cover letter and/or resume). Depending on the level of detail of information provided, I would redraft/edit and email it to you, with some suggestions in the email. There are different types of resumes, namely: entry-level, executive and professional, industry-specific, career change-over and senior level management.

To date I have interacted with 18 respondents. Lastly, if I may add, I did not solicit or ask for any appreciation to be displayed on these forums (thanks anyway). I would feel more gratifying if my little contribution help kick start a successful job hunt.

Cheers, :smile::smile:

guys pls do not doubt Resume_Assist's kind intentions as he had to sacrifice his time and energy to help others organize their clutter, ppl he didn't event know.

Im one of the sixth and i must admit my resume looks much better again, thanks for your time pal.

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you help spice up this resume? Cos I think this guy will be out of a job in 2011 and need to find one badly.

Career Objective

To do whatever my father tells me, and to give money to my wife

Key Achievements
Thanks to my father: Youngest General in Singapore History
Thanks to my father: Prime Minister of Singapore
Slapping S Dhanabalan
Highest paid head of state in the world

Employment
1984 - Present Useless minister
1971 - 1984 Singapore Armed Forces

Education

Bachelor of Science (Mathematics, Hons)
Trinity College, Cambridge

‘A’ Levels National Junior College

‘O’ Levels Catholic High

resume_assist

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am helping folks who really needs help and have no time for this. Pls save your comments to other threads. U obviously do not know or can feel the stress of unemployed and looking for a job.

Can you help spice up this resume? Cos I think this guy will be out of a job in 2011 and need to find one badly.

Career Objective

Key Achievements
Slapping S Dhanabalan

Employment

Education

‘O’ Levels Catholic High

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am helping folks who really needs help and have no time for this. Pls save your comments to other threads. U obviously do not know or can feel the stress of unemployed and looking for a job.

Lighten up wil'ya! I don't think there was any intent to demean your ongoing efforts to offer help for which I salute you! You sure are one rare breed of a guy!:smile:

resume_assist

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the emails I have received (29 and counting), I can empathise with the respondents on the difficulties of the job market and what needs to be done to get an interview. Drastic times calls for special efforts and details.

Cheers and good luck :smile:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal

Career Objective

Key Achievements
Slapping S Dhanabalan

Employment

Education

‘O’ Levels Catholic High

ermm.. may i know what sort of job is he looking for??:confused:

if it is for SM post, then no need to apply, once young prince hongyi is ready to accede throne, he will auto upgrade to SM..:biggrin:

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Way to go !! Keep up the good work.........

You're hell of a guy !! from the bottom of my heart. And, not some hypocritical pappy talk or ang mo CEO giving pep talks.

From the emails I have received (29 and counting), I can empathise with the respondents on the difficulties of the job market and what needs to be done to get an interview. Drastic times calls for special efforts and details.

Cheers and good luck :smile:

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are welcome !!

I wish that you were there in 2002, after 911 in 2001, followed by SARS, I was retrenched. I managed to get a few interviews with some MNCs - Japanese and German. No luck, job mismatch........

I guess, it is a sign that I should start something on my own which I did. I am enjoying my own business now.......... I guess the time had come for me to strike out on my own then.

Thanks for the kind comments. :smile:

resume_assist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Given the current uncertainty, there is little that separates between getting a job or starting your own business although there are different elements of problems and risks.

If u are your own boss, u can't get the sack but ur biz may go bust.
If u are employed, u never know when u will be retrenched.

You are welcome !!

I wish that you were there in 2002, after 911 in 2001, followed by SARS, I was retrenched. I managed to get a few interviews with some MNCs - Japanese and German. No luck, job mismatch........

I guess, it is a sign that I should start something on my own which I did. I am enjoying my own business now.......... I guess the time had come for me to strike out on my own then.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Given the current uncertainty, there is little that separates between getting a job or starting your own business although there are different elements of problems and risks.

If u are your own boss, u can't get the sack but ur biz may go bust.
If u are employed, u never know when u will be retrenched.

I prefer to think it this way,

If you are your own boss, you can manage the risk and will survive in the recession. And if you are employed, you cannot control much of your fate.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you are your own boss, you can manage the risk and will survive in the recession. And if you are employed, you cannot control much of your fate.

What business are you in? online? homebased?...do sure with us leh, so that we don't have to be employed and watch our fate.

resume_assist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very true and well said bro,

When u r employed, u worry about getting the sack. When u run ur own biz, u manage the risk but also have greater responsibilities, like ensuring that u have enough money for employee payroll and rental expenses etc.

The thing I really hate is to lay off good people, either when I am ordered to do by my bosses from the US or to retrench 30% of my own staff when I need to downside. Either way, the feeling is horrible.

resume_assist

Alfrescian
Loyal
In these depressed business conditions, the competition for jobs will be more intense. In the past, a cover letter and a well-written resume should get u at least an interview. In these days, there may be a need for a reference or referral letter from your ex-manager. Unfortunately, most of them (my opinion) have absolutely no idea how to write or even how to start and u will end up with a lousy reference letter (despite doing well on the job).

U may want to learn how to draft something for your manager to remind him of your achievements so that u can get the type of good reference your next employer will enjoy reading.

Let me know if you need some help on this. As usual, it is FOC. :smile:

jw5

Loyal
In these depressed business conditions, the competition for jobs will be more intense. In the past, a cover letter and a well-written resume should get u at least an interview. In these days, there may be a need for a reference or referral letter from your ex-manager. Unfortunately, most of them (my opinion) have absolutely no idea how to write or even how to start and u will end up with a lousy reference letter (despite doing well on the job).

U may want to learn how to draft something for your manager to remind him of your achievements so that u can get the type of good reference your next employer will enjoy reading.

Let me know if you need some help on this. As usual, it is FOC. :smile:
Are you a current or former headhunter?
Generally, I dislike headhunters or recruitment consultants or whatever they (you?) are called these days. About as much as I dislike relationship managers. :smile:

resume_assist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you a current or former headhunter?
Generally, I dislike headhunters or recruitment consultants or whatever they (you?) are called these days. About as much as I dislike relationship managers. :smile:

What's the relevance? I am not getting anything out of this.:confused:

samurai1110

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've read this thread and I found some of them comments uncalled for. If you are paranoid about him, suspect resume_assist for having another agenda other than a good heart, then i suggest you ignore this thread.

Our society has turned us into very cold people. If someone is nice to you, then that person either wants your money or has an ill-intentioned agenda. There is no room for abit of warmth, kind acts nor generosity.

I was one of the two people that resume_assist helped. I must say he gave my resume a very professional looking format. even i think my resume looks alot better now.

Thanks once again resume_assist.

U seem to write pretty well judging from this post.
Why do u need his help with your resume in the first place?:confused:

maxtor

Alfrescian
Loyal
U seem to write pretty well judging from this post.
Why do u need his help with your resume in the first place?:confused:

just because something is good ... doesn't mean it can't be better.

This person with tons of experience has offered his expertise, someone whom ( i presume) has had years of experience sifting through resumes and deciding which ones make the cut. I would assume that I can trust a person like that to take a look and tell me what is wrong with mine.